REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #10526
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Battier is becoming a complete dick real fast..... guy gets into scrums and tries to play it off like hes some innocent guy

I miss the Battier from the Rockets...

As for Wade, he's on a steep decline so I'm not surprised what he does, the elbow was accidentally on purpose for sure though
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #10527
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Wade is playing through a severely bruised knee, among other less serious things... dude is literally moving his kneecap around keeping it in place.
Don't listen to know it all announcers who are quick to point shit out without knowing the full story.
I hope he takes some serious recovery time after this season, because y'know how people say "it adds up" well for Wade it's all added up finally, he just needs to rest and come back and reinvent his game a little bit.
He can't be goin hard in the paint anymore like before unfortunately, I'm kind of surprised he even lasted this long playing his style, has to be his strength, he's a very VERY strong shooting guard, you could just see it in the bulk that he has, he's legit 220 of pure muscle at 6'4

Lance was looking like a high school kid playing in the pros a few times late in the game, which is kind of odd because he developed super early, so he's been knowing the game for a real long time, at 14 years old a grade 8 freshman he was already playing and dominating some Junior and Senior basketball tournaments on a national level.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #10528
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post
battier knees hibbert in the stomach (game 1)
cole low-blows west (game 1)
wade elbows stephenson in the head (game 2)

wtf is next from the heat...

oh and btw, all were no calls. yet the pacers get bs technicals (game 2) for nothing. ridiculous
Both Battier's and Cole's shit was called........and Battier's play wasn't even "Dirty"...He went up for a lay-up with his knee up, big deal...and as for Wade, he hardly touched Stephenson, and moreover, it would be more accidental as he seems to be just trying to get past him to get back on D....

League has just gone pussy....I miss the days when everyone in the league was tough, and this diving shit didn't get called....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #10529

Yup. As much as I like sportsmanship, I prefer no handshake during the series.. bring back the shoulder bump like Jordan and barkley. Lol

As for flopping. It's just getting supe bumped him r annoying, u see how strong lebron is?? Nobody can stop that guy and yet Augustin bumped him and he goes flying down...even spoelstra was grinning.

And I guarantee u that EVERYONE wouldve went down just like stephenson had that happened to them (I think wade was on offense so lance was selling an offensive foul)Bosh wudve sold that shit like he got shot. To this day I still enjoy his flop vs boozer hahahat
Posted via RS Mobile
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #10530

That said, I blame the league and the refs....As a player, you do whatever it takes to win....Refs should be calling what they actually see, not what they think might've happened from a guy's reaction (flop).
Old 05-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #10531

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Wade is playing through a severely bruised knee, among other less serious things... dude is literally moving his kneecap around keeping it in place.
Don't listen to know it all announcers who are quick to point shit out without knowing the full story.
I hope he takes some serious recovery time after this season, because y'know how people say "it adds up" well for Wade it's all added up finally, he just needs to rest and come back and reinvent his game a little bit.
He can't be goin hard in the paint anymore like before unfortunately, I'm kind of surprised he even lasted this long playing his style, has to be his strength, he's a very VERY strong shooting guard, you could just see it in the bulk that he has, he's legit 220 of pure muscle at 6'4

Lance was looking like a high school kid playing in the pros a few times late in the game, which is kind of odd because he developed super early, so he's been knowing the game for a real long time, at 14 years old a grade 8 freshman he was already playing and dominating some Junior and Senior basketball tournaments on a national level.
But Wade's been on a steep decline even before that knee injury..

We're not talking gradual, we're talking like outta no where, and that knee isn't helping his cause either.
At one point we had him on the same level of Kobe.

He's such a fucking whiny bitch. This is seriously his routine, drive to the basket, hit the deck hard (and whip his head back coming down to draw a foul). If there's no foul, he'll play no D and jog back arguing and bitching at the refs in hope's Lebron hits him with long bomb pass for an uncontested dunk or layup on the transition. This happened moreso in the regular season though, I'll admit.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #10532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
But Wade's been on a steep decline even before that knee injury..

We're not talking gradual, we're talking like outta no where, and that knee isn't helping his cause either.
At one point we had him on the same level of Kobe.

He's such a fucking whiny bitch. This is seriously his routine, drive to the basket, hit the deck hard (and whip his head back coming down to draw a foul). If there's no foul, he'll play no D and jog back arguing and bitching at the refs in hope's Lebron hits him with long bomb pass for an uncontested dunk or layup on the transition. This happened moreso in the regular season though, I'll admit.
Hey don't talk about my nig like that.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #10533
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Many players do this. Whipping head back (Luis Scola's trademark), flailing arms around like they've just got karate chopped (Kevin Durant), yelling out "Heyyyy", etc.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #10534

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Hey don't talk about my nig like that.
Sorry brah, just telling the truth, he's starting to be really injury prone and his athleticism is fading quick too .. we'll see how he looks next post season

Battier, Allen and Chalmers are all playing terribly too so I'm not just bitching about your nig
Bosh has turned into a jump shooter and is getting bullied in the paint
Cole should be getting more minutes down the stretch

Only people who are playing like they care are LBJ and Birdman

Pacers are at a point where they can finally beat the Heat even if LBJ goes HAM, granted the rest else don't step up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Many players do this. Whipping head back (Luis Scola's trademark), flailing arms around like they've just got karate chopped (Kevin Durant), yelling out "Heyyyy", etc.
Yup, but at least they run back on D....

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #10535

I still think Wade has one more final push left in him before old age finally takes over for good, he just needs to get fully healthy to make that push.

I noticed for the Heat they haven been a perimeter 3 point threat for quite a while now, and that's one of their biggest strengths, when LeBron drives and has a lot of options to kick out too for a good look at 3..... in order.... Allen, Battier, Chalmers, Miller, Lewis, Jones...
I haven't seen any of these guys hit more than 1 three in a game during the whole playoffs, I don't know why all of the sudden this has changed, I mentioned earlier it could possibly be because Birdman is doing such a good job at following LeBron into the paint and picking up drop off or garbage buckets, by doing that he might be taking away from the 3 point kick out..... I don't know, what I do know is one of these fckin expert marksmen needs to step up for the Heat to go all the way
Old 05-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #10536

^ they'd be up 2 - 0 if Chalmers hit that transition three late in the game to seal the deal

There has to be something wrong with Allen.... some of his threes have been WAY off and he even missed two tech free throws...
Battier can't make one for his life.... tough hard nosed defender and 3 point shooter? lol okay
Chalmers is just reckless on the offensive end and probably still has a fucked up shoulder from game one
Miller, Lewis and Jones barely play so....

LeBron needs help... as in his team needs to step the fuck up or else its gonna be like the Orlando series like 5/6 years ago

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #10537
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Miami's bane has always been strong opposing big men, the tandem of West and Hibbert have been wrecking havoc and I'm loving every minute of it!

Also Duncan turning back the clock!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #10538
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Pop going HAM.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #10539

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #10540

Get out da salami n cheese, mama, dis ball game is ovah!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #10541
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Refs
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #10542

^ what about the refs, you insinuating that they're favoring the Heat ?
how so ? let's look at the numbers real quick

Indiana had 44 free throw attempts (made 30)
Heat had 28 free throw attempts (made 24)

I mean those numbers alone tell the story, but look into it a little deeper because a LOT of Miami's points came in the paint, and for a team who got most of it's points in the paint yet have less free throw attempts, like way less.... that's very rare, it would only be explainable if they shot an extremely high percentage all game long, and I know Heat were hot first half, but end of game they still shot only a slightly higher than average percentage at 54%
Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #10543

p0pped a m0lly i'm sweatin'...w00h!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #10544
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

To add to G-spec's point the refs in game 3 didn't fall for the flops by Battier or Wade aside from that one play where Stevenson swiped at the ball and it hit off Wade's face getting a whistle and foul.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #10545
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Sometimes i feel like the heat is just toying with other teams and have a huge come back every 4th quarter. Lebron trolling
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #10546
My homepage has been set to RS

Fuuuuuuuuuuu
Suddenly grizzlies suck in the 4th..I need >180 points to win this parlay (win yesterday with Heat >181)
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #10547
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I never thought the spurs would ever go back to the finals again after 07 .. They are something..
Posted via RS Mobile
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #10548
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Spurs are underrated, they're the best team in the last decade... better than the lakers for sure.

Spurs big 3 vs Heats big 3 + cast
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #10549
My homepage has been set to RS

BUllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit, I yelled at my labtop. 2 points...mang. Good thing I wasn't watching on the TV, I would have literally thrown something.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #10550
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Spurs the best team in the last decade... better than the lakers for sure.
No.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote