REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

domco 06-27-2013 07:08 PM

Nets Trade:
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Reggie Evans
Tornike Shengalia
Keith Bogans
1st rounders (2014, 2016, 2018)

Celtics Trade:

Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Jason Terry

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...171213145.html

hotjoint 06-27-2013 07:20 PM

Nerlens Noel the presumed #1 pick went 6th overall to the pelicans then got traded to philly for dry holiday, crazy night for him :lol

Nlkko 06-27-2013 08:43 PM

Oh lawd Celtics in rebuilding mode. See you in 20 years.
Posted via RS Mobile

Wongtouski 06-27-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 8270022)
Nerlens Noel the presumed #1 pick went 6th overall to the pelicans then got traded to philly for dry holiday, crazy night for him :lol

I find it hilarious that Philly just went through a season of having a big man with injury problems and have just traded their only star for another big man who has similar to worse injury problems......dafuq r u doing

411ken 06-27-2013 09:26 PM

Wow, nets are stacked (tho aging stars)

Dwill/Johnson/pierce/Garnett/Lopez with terry blatche brooks on the bench. Pretty nice

They gave up 3 1st rounds which are 2014 2016 and 2018 but I can see them competing so those picks won't be lottery ones

I wish they had kept evans tho. Guy is a rebounding beast lol

What happens with rondo now ? Ill gladly take him for the lakers :D

Nlkko 06-27-2013 09:32 PM

Pierce is washed. Garnet still plays at a high level but not sure where he'll be next season. I would not call that team stacked by any stretch. Terry may be washed too lol.

Wongtouski 06-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8270129)
Pierce is washed. Garnet still plays at a high level but not sure where he'll be next season. I would not call that team stacked by any stretch. Terry may be washed too lol.

Pierce is still very much effective, so is KG. If DWILL is healthy this year him and Lopez can take care of the offense. Plus Pierce (at the very least) can shoot threes, something that Wallace couldn't do at all. Garnett can help improve their defense (terrible last year). Pierce and Garnett also bring experience and toughness.

If you're looking at salary, Pierce is an expiring, whilst Wallace still ahs 3 yrs at THIRTY mil.

wasabisashimi 06-27-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 8270126)
Wow, nets are stacked (tho aging stars)

Dwill/Johnson/pierce/Garnett/Lopez with terry blatche brooks on the bench. Pretty nice

They gave up 3 1st rounds which are 2014 2016 and 2018 but I can see them competing so those picks won't be lottery ones

I wish they had kept evans tho. Guy is a rebounding beast lol

What happens with rondo now ? Ill gladly take him for the lakers :D

As long as laker has Kobe, they won't need the likes of Nash and Rondo. Kobe hogs too much.

ps. We should call Brooklyn celtics, and boston Nets.

Mike Oxbig 06-27-2013 10:56 PM

Seems like the Nets deal for terry, garnett and pierce is more of a marketing purpose trade than anything...

411ken 06-28-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8270129)

Pierce avgd 18 and 6rbs last year on a Celtic team. He won't be asked to score much at all in Brooklyn as they have Dwill/JJ/Lopez. I don't see KG retiring as well, I can see him giving it a try in Brooklyn as this is the best team he's been on since Boston's top 3 was on their peak

Glad to see the nets owner spending his $$$ tho as he promised the fans

i-VTEC 06-28-2013 10:18 AM

It would be a dream

2014 1st pick overall, Toronto Raptors selects Andrew Wiggins

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMVv1akCAAEOqPL.jpg:large

Not really racist! 06-28-2013 12:19 PM

^ lol... no way dude

even if Raptors tank I don't think they can be as bad as other "tankers" persay in the league

as for Rondo getting traded... lol no way, he's the person you REBUILD around

http://i.imgur.com/GJP9BLB.jpg

Nlkko 06-28-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 8270312)
Pierce avgd 18 and 6rbs last year on a Celtic team. He won't be asked to score much at all in Brooklyn as they have Dwill/JJ/Lopez. I don't see KG retiring as well, I can see him giving it a try in Brooklyn as this is the best team he's been on since Boston's top 3 was on their peak

Glad to see the nets owner spending his $$$ tho as he promised the fans

Pierce will be 36 and Garnet 38 next playoffs. You can't honestly spin the Nets as a contender. They'll be better for sure. Probably good enough to go pass the 1st round.

The thing with any vet teams are injuries. If you look at the Lakers team... Were they good on paper? In reality, they were garbage by their own standard.

Mike Oxbig 06-28-2013 03:46 PM

If the NBA draft lottery is rigged, some way some how the league needs to rigged the #1 spot for the craptors if they tank. With top 10 revenues coming in from them and wiggins being #1 overall this will help bottom feeders to survive in the league longer.

Obsideon 06-28-2013 04:12 PM

At first I was just as shocked as the rest of the world ... but after thinking about it ... I think Anthony Bennett is a "safe" bet ... he could turn out to be like a Luol Deng type? It is a pretty weak draft afterall ...

Nlkko 06-28-2013 05:45 PM

Colangelo is finally out so maybe the raptors will start getting good.

RacingMetro92 06-30-2013 02:07 PM

The New York Knicks are close to a trade with the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.

The Knicks would send Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, a first round pick and a second round pick to the Raptors.

LOL KNICKS.

Not really racist! 06-30-2013 02:17 PM

I think Barg wouldn't be that bad as a 6th man but holy overpayment

Obsideon 06-30-2013 03:26 PM

WTF are the Knick's doing ... don't care about Camby, Novak is a nice spot-up shooter ... but the TWO picks?!... for a soft overpaid center ... damn ...

GJ Ujiri :thumbs:

dlo 06-30-2013 03:36 PM

YES FUCK ANDREA PASTA BITCH BOY FUCK, so fuCKIN HAPPY

jonwon 06-30-2013 03:57 PM

its been a long time comin. finally get to burn his damn jersey sometime this week

van_city23 06-30-2013 04:00 PM

for some reason I think he'll make the knicks a better team but a move in the right direction for the raptors. About damn time.

Nlkko 06-30-2013 04:09 PM

Right when we think the Knicks are stepping in the right direction, they stepped in a big pile of poo.

Steve Novak: can spot up 3 and play no defense
Bargani: can't spot up 3 anymore and play no defense

But heyyy we gotta make some dumb ass trade because Brooklyn is becoming so cool.

Mike Oxbig 06-30-2013 04:15 PM

brooklyn net's marketing is pretty amazing how it is right now... they probably are stealing some knicks fans already

Obsideon 06-30-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8271922)
Right when we think the Knicks are stepping in the right direction, they stepped in a big pile of poo.

Steve Novak: can spot up 3 and play no defense
Bargani: can't spot up 3 anymore and play no defense

But heyyy we gotta make some dumb ass trade because Brooklyn is becoming so cool.

Not to mention he takes up a spot reserved for REBOUNDING and he can't do that either ... Novak can probably out-rebound him ...