REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

rickross888 03-10-2009 01:12 PM

^ i know fuck, they've lost quite a bit in the last lil bit.

what'd you guys think of the foul ariza commited on rudy fernandez? i didnt think it was that bad of a foul...it was a hard foul but i think that ariza was going for the ball

hotjoint 03-11-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickross888 (Post 6322182)
^ i know fuck, they've lost quite a bit in the last lil bit.

what'd you guys think of the foul ariza commited on rudy fernandez? i didnt think it was that bad of a foul...it was a hard foul but i think that ariza was going for the ball

I just read about it, havent seen the highlights ,u have a link to that?

rickross888 03-11-2009 06:32 AM

i didn't watch the game either just saw what happened on espn site: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3968577

odom is suspended for 1 game too for leaving the bench lol

rickross888 03-11-2009 03:22 PM

tough back-to-back for the lakers starting tonight with houston and then tomorrow against the spurs. lakers are going to play 11 of their remaining 19 games away from home :eek:.

cavs have most of their remaining games at home, where they only have 1 loss, so they might have the upper hand over the celtics and lakers in clinching the best record in the NBA. cavs are going to need home court advantage all the way if they want to win the championship. not to say the celtics or lakers don't need it but of the 3 teams the cavs need home court the most. the celtics have like half their games on the road and half of them at home. the lakers swept the cavs in the season series so the cavs definitely need to have more wins than the lakers and can't tie the lakers for the best record in order to have home court.

hotjoint 03-12-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickross888 (Post 6323925)
tough back-to-back for the lakers starting tonight with houston and then tomorrow against the spurs. lakers are going to play 11 of their remaining 19 games away from home :eek:.

cavs have most of their remaining games at home, where they only have 1 loss, so they might have the upper hand over the celtics and lakers in clinching the best record in the NBA. cavs are going to need home court advantage all the way if they want to win the championship. not to say the celtics or lakers don't need it but of the 3 teams the cavs need home court the most. the celtics have like half their games on the road and half of them at home. the lakers swept the cavs in the season series so the cavs definitely need to have more wins than the lakers and can't tie the lakers for the best record in order to have home court.

yea cavs are deadly at home

cls55coupe 03-12-2009 10:18 PM

lebron got his 3rd straight triple double tonight. looks like he the front runner for mvp rite now.

kayceeee 03-12-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cls55coupe (Post 6326607)
lebron got his 3rd straight triple double tonight. looks like he the front runner for mvp rite now.

And a HUGE block on j.rich

feelthesunrise 03-13-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cls55coupe (Post 6326607)

my vote still goes to d. wade. and my suns are all but finished now. they just can't get it together when it matters most... wtf!

rickross888 03-13-2009 11:40 AM

d-wade isn't going to win it even though he's having a monster season. it's going to be between lebron and kobe since their teams are atop the NBA. i think lebron's gonna take the MVP this year though as much as i love kobe. like the TNT crew said on tv yesterday most of the MVP winners come from #1 and #2 teams and only once or something like that has it ever gone to a #4 seeded team. never has anyone won the MVP with their team 3rd in their division, which is the spot the Heat are in right now. even if they move up behind the Magic I doubt d-wade's going to win it. plus, lebron and kobe put up about the same numbers and everything as d-wade does, but their teams have better records, which means they are better lol - in terms of how the MVP award is judged and given.

hotjoint 03-13-2009 12:28 PM

totally agree, its either gonna be kobe or lebron, would love to have wade get it but doesnt look like it'll happen

MR_BIGGS 03-13-2009 01:05 PM

Lebron's winning it. Kobe ain't getting anything.

feelthesunrise 03-16-2009 04:21 PM

you're probably right that wade won't get it. But just in my point of view, wade has the worst supporting cast of the 3. Yet he still puts up monster numbers almost willing his team to unlikely victories.

411ken 03-16-2009 05:38 PM

I root for Kobe but DWade does deserve it this year indeed. Remember, they won 15 games last year! to now.... Who knows how well the Cavs would have done if they didn't have Mo Williams this year..

rickross888 03-19-2009 09:49 PM

both the cavs and lakers won tonight.
great game from lebron racking up another triple-double
lakers gotta step it up though and learn to have that "killer instinct" and close out games. last couple games they've had double digit leads late in a game and let the other team get closer than they should have. lakers are off on a key 7 game road trip. they should be able to win all the games :eek5x:. it's going to be a test though and they have to take it a game at a time and stay focused since the cavs are going to have a lot of home games in which they are pretty unstoppable, along with a 0.5 game advantage over the lakers as of tonight. GO LAKERS! :D
what's the status on bynum? is he gonna be back anytime soon? :confused: they'll need him to strengthen up the middle and solidify their D.

411ken 03-20-2009 11:32 AM

If I were them, I would rest bynum until the playoffs. They dont' need him right now and risk losing him again if rushed. It would be nice to have homecourt advantage all the way through but I know and i'm sure you all know that the lakers can win on the road. Now add a healthy bynum in the playoffs = Champions.

LC21 03-20-2009 01:39 PM

I dont know why but i'm starting to be one of those kobe haters. =P
I wouldn't be surprised if they won the championship this year, kobe will take the mvp again if they did =P..

But i'm still having hopes for my LaBon james.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feelthesunrise (Post 6332562)
you're probably right that wade won't get it. But just in my point of view, wade has the worst supporting cast of the 3. Yet he still puts up monster numbers almost willing his team to unlikely victories.

And wade is getting those monster numbers are because he's making up for everything their team lacks in. Lebron would probably be leading scorer and top 5 assist leaders if they didn't have mo wills.
Same goes for Kobe, when they didn't have any supporting cast Kobe was the leading scorer.

ANd i hope The mav's jumps to 9th place so the suns can contend again. Mav's are getting boring now, bunch of old hags(no offense) that are boring to watch. If they didn't have Terry it'd be over by now =P. They rely too much on shooting, get's boring watching that stuff.

wuuhoo 03-28-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6339695)
I dont know why but i'm starting to be one of those kobe haters. =P
I wouldn't be surprised if they won the championship this year, kobe will take the mvp again if they did =P..

But i'm still having hopes for my LaBon james.

And wade is getting those monster numbers are because he's making up for everything their team lacks in. Lebron would probably be leading scorer and top 5 assist leaders if they didn't have mo wills.
Same goes for Kobe, when they didn't have any supporting cast Kobe was the leading scorer.

ANd i hope The mav's jumps to 9th place so the suns can contend again. Mav's are getting boring now, bunch of old hags(no offense) that are boring to watch. If they didn't have Terry it'd be over by now =P. They rely too much on shooting, get's boring watching that stuff.

Wade's a BEAST ! he has really improved

Although Im a kobe's fan, I think James will take MVP this year.

Hopefully Bynum comes back soon. I can smell a championship for the lakers woot !!:)

fuhkyu 03-28-2009 06:37 PM

Arenas came back for the first time this season, 15 points and 10 assists.. not flashy numbers but at least he's back

LC21 03-31-2009 10:34 PM

arenas wont be like the old arenas...

after surgery it's done =P you just wont see the same groove anymore =(

wuuhoo 03-31-2009 10:45 PM

man, what the hell are with the lakers right now?! 2 in a row. AND why is it ALWAYS charlotte !

fuck. They better get back on track, if they want to compete with cleveland :mad:

fuhkyu 03-31-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6358525)
arenas wont be like the old arenas...

after surgery it's done =P you just wont see the same groove anymore =(

I dunno man look at Amare he puts up impressive numbers..

The Celtics are going to "shut down" KG for the last few games of the season and try and get him as much rest for the post season as they can. They can't catch Cleveland and need him to be in the best shape as possible when playoffs arrive.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4030533

PK-EK 04-01-2009 06:24 AM

Bron Bron going to get MVP for sure.

And yah, Celtics is down because of Garnett's injury, we will see what's going on in the playoff.

hotjoint 04-01-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuuhoo (Post 6358559)
man, what the hell are with the lakers right now?! 2 in a row. AND why is it ALWAYS charlotte !

fuck. They better get back on track, if they want to compete with cleveland :mad:

:werd: tough loss for the lakers, they always have trouble with the bobcats for some reason. Must be the tight D that Raja Bell plays on kobe

FatalCloud 04-01-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6358947)
:werd: tough loss for the lakers, they always have trouble with the bobcats for some reason. Must be the tight D that Raja Bell plays on kobe

"i think he's a good defender. i don't want to understate or take away his abilities as a defender. I can score on him anytime i want to."

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-01-2009 09:17 AM

poor Iverson on the motherfucking bench right first time in his life, what a insult, he has back injury as well.

Screw piston, he definitely needs to switch team next year. Last season with denver he was still putting up 30points each game split 50/50 with melo

now this season he is getting owned

sigh....poor A.I, one of my favorite player

screw celtics, never a fan with either one of them. Go Cavs!!!!

does Jordan owns Bobocats? he was watching the bob vs lakers game yesterday