REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #2676
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^I think it's more of age/injuries that's getting to him. But I would not count him out. I think their mentality this year is to stay healthy for the playoffs as I don't see any way they will NOT make it in...

KG and Charlie V. got into it a bit last night too... elbows, etc...
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #2677
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
wow, look at all those empty seats.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #2678
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Odom's been arguably the second best player on the Lakers lately... or maybe perhaps the season. Imagine where the Lakers would be at if they didn't resign him in 2009. Miami was gunning to sign him too.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #2679
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
anyone else think Kobe is finally over the hill? more easy to lock down

or will he turn into the scoring machine again in the playoffs?

anyways

KG goes down, hope it's not serious and he's back in full form when it matters
I am not a fan of the Lakers nor Kobe...but I think with his age, he doesn't want to do too much this early in the season. I've read a couple articles which basically say he has adjusted his style of play to cope with the fact he's a little older, slower and weaker. I think he can still turn it on when he wants. With that being said...the way the Heat are playing defense...and with Miller being a 4th option who can shoot lights out..and Haslem still injured...none of us really know what the Heat's ceiling is for success..and that is scary..
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #2680

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ yea he been doin that for a while now, adjusting his game to more of a pull up/fadeaway shooter type, he knows he gettin older so if he wants to stay on top of his game he gotta switch his style of play from young Kobe which was slasher finisher.... He basically taking a page from MJ's book doing the exact same thing MJ did when he got older, lot of posting up and pwning smaller weaker defenders..... he actually spent a summer 2 off-seasons ago with Hakeem Olajuwon just specifically working on his post game, learning post moves from the Dream....

Hakeem be teachin these youngsters a lotta shit still, and he still look like he can shake any post player in the league, first clip him workin with Kobe, second with Dwight

Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #2681
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

dwight should use that spin then fade shot in real games!
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #2682

it's not really natural in Dwights game all those spin moves and the foot work, yea it looks fairly smooth when he does it much better than most big men, but you can tell it's not natural, like he's doing it from the learned section of his brain, not the instinct part. And you're looking at Hakeem in his mid maybe late 40's doing it looks like he was born in the paint.

only thing Dwight does have as instinct is shot blocking and rebounding, everything else he has had to learn. And when you learn shit in a sport, it's a big difference as opposed to having it as your instinct embedded in your brain, where you do it without really thinking.

I still consider myself very lucky to be a 90's NBA guy watching Shaq in his Orlando days, I don't think I'll ever see antyhing like that in my lifetime, and for a while the whole basketball world thought Dwight was going to do it, but looks like he never will unfortunately
Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #2683

holy shit, I knew Roy was somewhat injury prone but I'm sittin here readin all the sports stories and this really surprising, I think we have a future Penny Hardaway here, fckin sad shit... I had no idea he had bad arthritic knees with no cartilage in them

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...eason/related/

Report: Brandon Roy considering shutting it down for season

Kurt Helin
Dec 30, 2010, 3:22 PM EST

2 Comments

Brandon Roy will not suit up Thursday night for the Trail Blazers. The team is expected to release more information on him sometime on Thursday.
That’s all we know officially. But the rumors are swirling.
Roy is considering shutting it down for the rest of the season, one of several options on the table right now, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports. Other choices including continuing to play or taking a specified amount of time off — maybe a month or more — then returning to the team.
“It would not surprise me to see him try to play again,” one of the sources familiar with the team’s strategy said. “It would not surprise me to see him set a date when he wants to try to play. And it would not surprise me if he doesn’t play again this season. … At this point, anything is a possibility. The doctors and Brandon are ultimately going to make that decision.”
Roy’s knee problem is chronic — both knees are basically bone-on-bone. Because of that there is no real surgical option. He has missed the last six Blazers games and been in-and-out of the lineup all season. Rest will help reduce the pain and swelling, but a return to play will almost certainly lead to the problem flaring up again at some point. It has been frustrating for Roy because this is something beyond his control.
Right now the Trail Blazers are the eighth seed in the West, half a game ahead of Houston. Roy is a true competitor who has come back early from injury and surgery before to try and help the team, if the team is in playoff contention it is hard to picture him sitting on the sidelines.
But is that worth it for the eighth seed? Is taking the rest of the season off in hopes of being right for next season the better option?
The Blazers and Roy have a lot of things to consider and a lot of options to choose from. It’s hard to say what will be the right one.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #2684
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Don't worry son.. I edited it to purposely add more spelling mistakes as I know you will point it out or bring up that I edited it.... you sure didn't disappoint me there

Any why are you so worked up with Kobe/Jordan? Did anyone close to you recently brought that up and you had to vent online? lol....

I'm curious though.... Do you think LeBron should be put in the same sentence as Kobe then? (If LeBron wins 4 or whatever titles with the Heat)
I'm not worked up, I'm just passionate about the game.

Can LeBron be put in the same sentence as Kobe if he wins 4 rings? LeBron can be put in the same sentence as Kobe RIGHT NOW, forget about 4 titles. I am sure if LeBron had the help Kobe has had, LeBron would've won multiple titles as well. The fact that LeBron took Cleveland as far as he had was a huge accomplishment.

Think about it. Take Kobe off the Lakers and they are still a top 5 team in the league. Take LeBron off of Cleveland, and....well you've seen what's happened...

Rings are great, but they shouldn't be the main component that determines a player's greatness. The Lakers have had great management and really know how to put together a team. They, easily, have the best front office in the league.

One of the things that separates Kobe from Jordan is that Jordan would show up to every big game no matter what. Look at Jordan's NBA playoff finals numbers. Jordan always played well in the finals. Kobe can and does choke in finals games, yet the Lakers still manage to come out on top because Pau Gasol has been able to bail him out. Moreover, Kobe's first 3 rings came with Shaq being the alpha.

Last edited by 1-Slicer-1; 12-30-2010 at 05:01 PM.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #2685
Banned (ABWS)

you gotta be kidding, Jordan had tough teams to lead, and Jordan did not always play up to par in the Finals, at the end of the day it's a team game, Jordan could rely more on his teammates than Kobe

the 08 lakers were soft vaginas compared to Jordan's final casts

ill take a Pippen over a Gasol any day

and i agree with the Lebron statement , he took a pathetic squad to best records in the league winning MVPs and even taking a sad team to the finals, pretty amazing, kobe would never be able to lead those cav teams to that many wins

sad for Brandon, i think his career is peaked and now it's a free fall, he's like a grant hill, without his legs his go to moves are shot

anyways, i'm rooting hard for Orlando, would love to see them beat the Lakers in the finals, but i highly doubt they even pass the Celtics or Heat
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #2686

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
I'm not worked up, I'm just passionate about the game.

Can LeBron be put in the same sentence as Kobe if he wins 4 rings? LeBron can be put in the same sentence as Kobe RIGHT NOW, forget about 4 titles. I am sure if LeBron had the help Kobe has had, LeBron would've won multiple titles as well. The fact that LeBron took Cleveland as far as he had was a huge accomplishment.

Think about it. Take Kobe off the Lakers and they are still a top 5 team in the league. Take LeBron off of Cleveland, and....well you've seen what's happened...

Rings are great, but they shouldn't be the main component that determines a player's greatness. The Lakers have had great management and really know how to put together a team. They, easily, have the best front office in the league.

One of the things that separates Kobe from Jordan is that Jordan would show up to every big game no matter what. Look at Jordan's NBA playoff finals numbers. Jordan always played well in the finals. Kobe can and does choke in finals games, yet the Lakers still manage to come out on top because Pau Gasol has been able to bail him out. Moreover, Kobe's first 3 rings came with Shaq being the alpha.
I'm glad you are passionate about the game...I am too.

What I am curious about is how you can be so sure that Kobe cannot lead the same Cavs team that LeBron took to the finals? remember guys, they play for the East conference.. where you can be 41-41 and still make the playoffs. And i'm sure you guys will agree that the West were the "tougher" teams back in the days

To say that Kobe could have not been able to bring the cavs to that same finals is just ignorant...

So LeBron now has Wade/Bosh.. What will anyone say if they don't win the East and then the Finals....

So you really think that if Kobe goes away, that the Lakers will be top 5 now? lol without Kobe..lakers will get beat by Dallas/Spurs/MIA/BOS/ORL/OKC/Den.... trust me, I'm a huge lakers fan and without Kobe, the team will fail big time...

Last edited by 411ken; 12-30-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #2687

Lakers had an answer for garnett, allen, and pierce. Thats similar to the Heat's size and line up. Plus the Celtics last year had Rondo and Big Baby who performed really well. Lakers vs. Heat.. They will have a tough time like last year, but i hope they can win.

Seriously, I think if Perkins played game 7, I think Boston would have taken the title.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #2688
My homepage has been set to RS

goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #2689
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I'm glad you are passionate about the game...I am too.

What I am curious about is how you can be so sure that Kobe cannot lead the same Cavs team that LeBron took to the finals? remember guys, they play for the East conference.. where you can be 41-41 and still make the playoffs. And i'm sure you guys will agree that the West were the "tougher" teams back in the days

To say that Kobe could have not been able to bring the cavs to that same finals is just ignorant...

So LeBron now has Wade/Bosh.. What will anyone say if they don't win the East and then the Finals....

So you really think that if Kobe goes away, that the Lakers will be top 5 now? lol without Kobe..lakers will get beat by Dallas/Spurs/MIA/BOS/ORL/OKC/Den.... trust me, I'm a huge lakers fan and without Kobe, the team will fail big time...

it was almost a miracle that lebron beat the pistons, i cant say for sure but i'm willing to bet my house that kobe wouldnt have taken that team to the finals, eastern conference or not the pistons were one of the best teams in the league
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #2690

^ We would never know.. but I don't think it's fair to say that Kobe wouldn't have been able to take that team to the finals.... just my opinion...
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #2691
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Kobe's only in the talk because he has 5 rings...

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #2692
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Im so glad ariza postered mcgee
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #2693
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
it's not really natural in Dwights game all those spin moves and the foot work, yea it looks fairly smooth when he does it much better than most big men, but you can tell it's not natural, like he's doing it from the learned section of his brain, not the instinct part. And you're looking at Hakeem in his mid maybe late 40's doing it looks like he was born in the paint.

only thing Dwight does have as instinct is shot blocking and rebounding, everything else he has had to learn. And when you learn shit in a sport, it's a big difference as opposed to having it as your instinct embedded in your brain, where you do it without really thinking.

I still consider myself very lucky to be a 90's NBA guy watching Shaq in his Orlando days, I don't think I'll ever see antyhing like that in my lifetime, and for a while the whole basketball world thought Dwight was going to do it, but looks like he never will unfortunately

Completely agree. I just feel fortunate as well to have witnessed 90's NBA as well. I still have Game 6 of the 1993 NBA finals (Bulls vs Suns) on VHS.

I don't really see big men like these days who can move and carry the the ball like pf's such as Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, and center's like Olajuwon, David Robinson or even Shaq gunning for that potential fast break. Oh and Hakeem, the way he did the dream shake and other post moves - it was just silky smooth ...
Old 01-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #2694
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

is it just me or do toronto commentators suck and so do the cameramen = =
celtics better not lose to the raptors again ......
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #2695

^ yea watchin the game right now vs celtics, I dislike Leo Rautins he always tries to throw in his two cents you really get the feeling he thinks he can do a much better job of coaching than Triano does, the other guy is ok, he is typical commentator, bland but not too boring...

I miss Chuck Swirsky, ONIONS BABY ONIONS!! haha but Jack keeps it gangsta still holding it down though
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #2696
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
Completely agree. I just feel fortunate as well to have witnessed 90's NBA as well. I still have Game 6 of the 1993 NBA finals (Bulls vs Suns) on VHS.

I don't really see big men like these days who can move and carry the the ball like pf's such as Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, and center's like Olajuwon, David Robinson or even Shaq gunning for that potential fast break. Oh and Hakeem, the way he did the dream shake and other post moves - it was just silky smooth ...
Carlos Boozer comes to mind. Also, Al Jefferson learned his shit from Kevin Mchale in Minny, he didn't have any moves whilst in Boston, so I think your argument/agreement on D12 is not quite correct. No one is born with moves in the paint, you might know one or two, but you have to think about your game and learn new tricks to be successful, Dwight is just too thick in his head, all he cares is dancing and laughing and making cover albums. And a side note, people like Michael Jordan didn't have the jumpshot he had in college, he "learned" a new shot, so did Tony Parker. Karl Malone doesn't handle the ball.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #2697

Man... Another Lakers no show tonight.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #2698
My homepage has been set to RS

^yep nobody seems to be helping kobe out on offence, except lamar odom sometimes...pau seems to have disappeared. and their defence is not great, not coming up with stops when they need it.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #2699
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
^yep nobody seems to be helping kobe out on offence
Maybe he should try getting more than 2 assists then...The rest of the team shot better than Kobe, so that certainly wasn't the problem...
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #2700
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
Maybe he should try getting more than 2 assists then...The rest of the team shot better than Kobe, so that certainly wasn't the problem...
The whole team don't give a shit right now, it's January. Also they were never like the Celts who always has a chip on their shoulder, nor like the Spurs who execute well every night. The Lake show just don't effin' care at this point.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote