REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #226
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

FIA released the 2010 entries and conditional entries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA
The FIA statement in full:
2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

Following the completion of the applications process for teams to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, the following teams have been confirmed.

TEAM / CONSTRUCTOR
SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO / FERRARI
SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO / STR TBA
RED BULL RACING / RBR RENAULT
AT&T WILLIAMS / WILLIAMS TOYOTA
FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM / FORCE INDIA MERCEDES
CAMPOS GRAND PRIX / CAMPOS COSWORTH
MANOR GRAND PRIX / MANOR COSWORTH
TEAM US F1 / TEAM US F1 COSWORTH
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES* / McLAREN MERCEDES
BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM* / BMW SAUBER
RENAULT F1 TEAM* / RENAULT
PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING* / TOYOTA
BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM* / BRAWN TBA

*These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.
Apparently the ACEA made comments about the current FIA/FOTA situation. FOTA also urged WMSC (World Motor Sport Council) to get involved with the situation too.

Let's see what happens on June 19th and later on.
Advertisement
So why practice?
-- somebody
Old 06-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #227
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
FOTA teams to form breakaway series
Friday 19th June 2009

The Formula One Teams' Association have sensationally confirmed they are to form a breakaway series, causing the greatest upheaval in the sport's 60-year history.

Following a meeting of the eight teams that currently form FOTA - Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW Sauber, Brawn GP, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso - they have all declined to enter F1 for 2010.

Despite weeks of negotiations with FIA president Max Mosley, the two bodies have failed to find a compromise, leaving the sport in total chaos.

The FIA had issued a deadline of close of business on Friday to enter next year's championship unconditionally to McLaren, Toyota, Renault, BMW Sauber and Brawn GP in particular.

As far as the FIA are concerned, Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso are contracted to enter, hence the reason they were given an automatic entry by world motor sport's governing body last Friday.

Ferrari have stated that contract, signed in 2005, was invalidated by the FIA when they failed to recognise the Scuderia's right of veto over the new regulations.

Mosley unilaterally announced the introduction of a voluntary £40million budget cap at the end of April without consulting the teams, most notably Ferrari.

The FIA will point to the fact discussions over cost control were first aired with the teams as far back as January 2008.

At that stage the likes of Brawn GP team principal Ross Brawn and Toyota Motorsport president John Howett were in favour, although not Ferrari.

But it was Mosley's 'publish and be damned' attitude that has most angered the teams, and has now resulted in the greatest shock wave to hit F1 since the championship first began in 1950.

Whilst FOTA have now confirmed their intention to stage a breakaway series, the actual implementation is another matter.

Significantly, Ferrari face being embroiled in a legal wrangle that could last months, especially as Ecclestone has already stated his intent to sue for millions of pounds should they quit F1.

Any series without Ferrari will be hard to sell to television companies and race tracks around the world, the most renowned of which are signed up with Ecclestone.

Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso, both owned by the energy drinks magnate Dietrich Mateschitz, also face being embroiled in similar litigation as to Ferrari.

As for F1, their series as it stands today comprises Williams and Force India, who were forced to break with FOTA due to their own contractual obligations, and three new entrants in Campos Racing, Team US F1 and Manor F1 Team.

The FIA will steadfastly refuse to accept the stance from Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso.

But in the absence of the other five they will today likely name a quintet of new entrants as replacements as they do have other teams waiting in the wings, ready and willing to race under a cap.

Significantly, Lola - who were surprisingly not given one of the initial three new entries - announced on Wednesday they no longer wished to be considered by the FIA for the 2010 championship.

The suggestion is they are to join FOTA's new series, along with former BAR team principal David Richards' Prodrive organisation, who, like Lola, were surprisingly overlooked by the FIA a week ago.

One other scenario, although unlikely, is that Mosley will today back down from his previously staunch position and allow the FOTA eight to enter for 2010, with a prospect of further talks taking place in the near future.
Source: http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...388223,00.html

LOVE IT! I hope their won't be that much rules/restrictions for the series
Old 06-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #228
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
WOW that is the best motor racing news that I have heard in years! Screw FIA and their retarded rules.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 06-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #229
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
maybe the spinoff series will run in montreal =D and maybe we can convince them (and the the city itself) to revive the vancouver road course! (not very likely =[ )

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Old 06-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #230

VETTEL FOR POLE!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #231

I really hope Sebastian Vettel can take this race.
He is the heaviest of all in Q3 and still got pole.

Quote:
Below is the provisional grid for the British Grand Prix with each car's weight.

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 666.5 kg
2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 657.5
3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 659.5
4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 658
5. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 652.5
6. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 657.5
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 661.5
8. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660
9. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 654
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 654
11. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 675
12. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 689.5
13. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 695.5
14. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 682.5
15. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 665.5
16. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 668
17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 687.5
18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 692
19. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 666
20. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 672.5
So why practice?
-- somebody
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #232

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO8TLBn7z1k

"Don't worry, Alonso already drives a tank.." hahaha
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #233

Formula 1 finally is peaceful for now:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76495
Quote:
Mosley: Peace agreed in Formula 1

By Steven English Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 11:49 GMT

FIA president Max Mosley has said he will not stand for re-election after claiming an agreement has been reached with Formula 1 teams to avoid a breakaway series.

According to sources, Mosley, F1 rights holder Bernie Ecclestone and Formula One Teams' Association [FOTA] chairman Luca di Montezemolo held a series of meetings overnight and into this morning, prior to today's World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris, aimed at resolving the crisis.

As part of the deal, Mosley has agreed not to stand again as president of the governing body, despite earlier this week stating that he felt compelled to do so as long as the threat of a breakaway championship remained.

AUTOSPORT understands that as part of the agreement the teams must call off the breakaway series and sign up to a new Concorde Agreement until 2012.

"There will be no split," said Mosley. "We have agreed to a reduction of costs. There will be one F1 championship but the objective is to get back to the spending levels of the early 1990s within two years."

The FIA is expected to announce the official entry list for the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship later this afternoon.
So why practice?
-- somebody
Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #234
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Wow, WEBBER way2go

he went nutz over the radio

edit: mmm camera kept freezing off of the hot chicks that clapped for the winners before the weigh in
Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #235
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Sutil. My heart breaks for thee.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #236
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
I heard today that there will be no refueling during pit stops next season?

What's that about??
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #237
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post

What's that about??
Well, you see... they start races with shitloads of fuel and only pit to change tires.

actually I think the ban on in-race refuelling sucks. It takes out an element of strategy (think of how today's race would have been different without pitstops!) It might be a cost issue - fewer people in the pit and all that. It's certainly a safety issue.

Since the ban is fully in effect next year, I sure hope that the aerodynamics working group gets their shit together and is able to figure out the dirty air issue. Unlikely, but we can always hope.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #238
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
can a f1 car even fit enough fuel for a whole race oO

or is next years cars gonna have a huge tank
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #239
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post

What's that about??
The FOTA could be writing the rules for GP1 and there may not be anymore Formula 1.

Sutil just never has the luck... or he's just too inexperienced and get pressured into making mistakes.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #240
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Tthere may not be anymore Formula 1.
-Yes there will be formula 1 (longest running motorsport ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Sutil just never has the luck... or he's just too inexperienced and get pressured into making mistakes.
...or Raikkonen could stop annihilating the force india car.
That made NO SENSE.. And it is actually SPELT not spelled. Spelled isn't even a word. You would have to be some kind of retard not to know that. Go learn some english and then come back because clearly you are either some highschool wannabe gangster who skips his english class too often or your gene pool is so f***ed up from the in-breeding that it finally screwed up the neuro processors in that lump you call a brain.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #241
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

is there any torrent for F1 racing? or online video?
I can never watch live F1 show..
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burvs View Post

...or Raikkonen could stop annihilating the force india car.

Not if Max stays on.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #243
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burvs View Post
Not really, Indycars has been around longer under various sanctioning bodies.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:24 AM   #244
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valent|n0 View Post
is there any torrent for F1 racing? or online video?
I can never watch live F1 show..
This user usually gets the races out pretty quick!

http://www.mininova.org/user/darmeth

§[]D€€Ð Ѐ[\/]Ö|\| 4 L I F E!

My CarDomain
My Honda Showoff
Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #245

So Max is officially stepping down and is recommending Jean Todt to be the next president.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #246
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamazoid View Post
This user usually gets the races out pretty quick!

http://www.mininova.org/user/darmeth
Go directly to the source: http://forum.darmeth.co.uk

I love his caps as sometimes I forget to set the PVR...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #247
I don't get it

So when there's a 2010 f1 season you all gunna gimme a doller?
That made NO SENSE.. And it is actually SPELT not spelled. Spelled isn't even a word. You would have to be some kind of retard not to know that. Go learn some english and then come back because clearly you are either some highschool wannabe gangster who skips his english class too often or your gene pool is so f***ed up from the in-breeding that it finally screwed up the neuro processors in that lump you call a brain.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #248
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
F1 Felipe Massa injured in a crash

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=285698

Quote:
BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Ferrari says Felipe Massa sustained bone damage to his skull and a concussion after his high-speed crash at the Hungarian Grand Prix and will undergo surgery.

Ferrari said the 28-year-old Brazilian was airlifted to AEK hospital following the accident and will remain "under observation in intensive care" following the operation.

Ferrari said his condition was "stable" upon arrival to hospital, where he was conscious.

A spring that had fallen off another car flew up and struck Massa in the helmet during qualifying on Saturday. An apparently dazed Massa continued straight through a curb, across the track and through the gravel area alongside the circuit before slamming into the tire barrier at high speed.
This happens just a week after Henry Surtees was killed after a wheel hits him in the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #249
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
AFAIK the GP hasn't taken place yet - this must have happened during qualifying. So instead of giving you points I'll just say "dude fucking spoilers, asshole!"

Remember for next time
Old 07-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #250
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

It's for qualifying
Closed Thread