REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 06-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #26
Crafter of Light

Kinda nice to hear I'm not the only one that found Victoria Hyundai to be a bunch of fuckhats. Although all I could do was ASSUME they were fuckhats, as after 3 or 4 walks around the Genesis sedan, opening and closing the doors a couple of times, and thumbing through the brochure I didn't get even a "hello" or a glance of acknowledgement from any of the 912,000 staff that were in there.

Granted, it was a Saturday and I was in street garb but c'mon; it's a fucking HYUNDAI dealership for christ's sake. Do I have to show up in a Rolls Royce to get some service?

Same deal at Volvo of Victoria; show up, go directly to the CLK55 sitting in front of the building. 3 salesmen walked by without a inkling of interest.

Maybe it's because I'm white.
Advertisement
snootworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootworks View Post
Kinda nice to hear I'm not the only one that found Victoria Hyundai to be a bunch of fuckhats. Although all I could do was ASSUME they were fuckhats, as after 3 or 4 walks around the Genesis sedan, opening and closing the doors a couple of times, and thumbing through the brochure I didn't get even a "hello" or a glance of acknowledgement from any of the 912,000 staff that were in there.

Granted, it was a Saturday and I was in street garb but c'mon; it's a fucking HYUNDAI dealership for christ's sake. Do I have to show up in a Rolls Royce to get some service?

Same deal at Volvo of Victoria; show up, go directly to the CLK55 sitting in front of the building. 3 salesmen walked by without a inkling of interest.

God damned cracker. Go buy another FORD.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootworks View Post

You didn't try saying hi in either place? I usually do when looking to buy, though I also know what I'm looking for before I go in.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 AM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lv_VIII View Post
all i can say...don't go @.....mitsubishi vancouver.....thats the F*** dealership in the city!!!!
Some salesman at the Victoria Mitsu dealership told me that in Vancouver they sell there EVO's for over $3000 MSRP, whereas at Victoria Mitsu they sell them for MSRP.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
You didn't try saying hi in either place? I usually do when looking to buy, though I also know what I'm looking for before I go in.
You should always be greeted promptly when you enter a store of any kind. Especially one offering high dollar items like a cars and trucks.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Stay away from the Mazda stealership on Yates. If you want a Mazda talk to Wolfe's in Langley.
HavoK041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoK041 View Post
Stay away from the Mazda stealership on Yates. If you want a Mazda talk to Wolfe's in Langley.
x2 on that. So rude to us when we were interested in a car that my mom went to van to get her 3.
JesseVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #33
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoK041 View Post
That's strange - my wife and I were looking for a second car not too long ago and one of the places we dealt with was Pacific Mazda - and they were probably one of the best. At least our salesman was.

We looked at Hyundai (our main car is a Hyundai Veracruz) - was looking at a Genesis Coupe and others. They were super pushy, and generally NOT pleasent to deal with.

I called up Mazda one day and spoke with a sales guy, he was helpful, polite and we went in to look at a couple of cars and I really enjoyed working with him. He offered me a discount on a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport - and laid it out on the table and said "call me if you are interested, but I won't keep bugging you every 2 days - I may call in a few weeks to touch base - thats all". Pretty much the exact opposite to what we were used to dealing with at Hyundai.

In the end we went to Toyota and got a 2009 Yaris RS 5door (MT). They were also very good to deal with.

Our first new car was a Hyundai, then we traded it in for the Veracruz. This was the first time we did lots of looking around at other dealerships, and my faith in car dealerships and salesmen has been renewed. I don't think I will ever go back to Victoria Hyundai except for service...they are just the exact opposite of the other dealerships we went to.

Now to be fair - they are MUCH better now than they used to be. We thought things had much improved when we got our second new car there (from the first time a few years ago) - but I really think they still have a long way to come.

If I want a Hyundai again in the future, I'll go to Duncan.
B_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Pacific Mazda seemed allright when I had them warranty repair my car's radio, except for the mechanic blasting through 1st gear on the lot when he was pulling it into the garage.

Signature Mazda on the mainland was great when they sold me my car, but their service department is a different story.

In april I took my car in for it's first oil change + warranty TSB for cowl rattle (They had to stick new insulators under the cowl)

#1: They overfilled my oil by almost a full litre.
#2: When taking apart the cowl, the moron tech must have used a plain old flat head screwdriver to pry out some clips, leaving a number of scratches & chips in the paint around those clips.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote