REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
AJL
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Worst car purchase experience ever

Tonight i experience the worst customer service I have ever received while attempting to purchase a new car. After this experience i thought it wise to ask here if there are any dealerships i should steer clear of while searching for a second car and any recommendations of dealerships i should stop in at.

TIA
Advertisement
AJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Sick motherfucker mod

if you are thinking about going to speedway don't. Drive the 2 hours to Naniamo, it is worth it in every possible way. Don't ask why, trust me on blind faith.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

sort of off topic, but one of the best experiences ive had recently was at Campus Honda. Jim Galand was our sales rep and hands down THE best car salesman ive ever dealt with.

Never really liked the guys at Nissan, they always seem to look down on me when i come in my work attire when im grabbing a part and ask them a question regarding the new G or Z.

But once i clean up and drive in with my car, they wont stop hounding me.... assholes

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
AJL

rental_metard I assume you are referring to the VW/Audi dealership if so thanks for the heads up.

Super Dipper, was your car purchase recent? we are looking into Versa, echo, accent, ect.

I have received two messages: My bad experience was at Victoria Hyundai where I feel the sales manager personally attacked me over what i assumed to be easy questions. We had an agreed upon price and financing worked out and as we were signing papers the dealership informed us that they could not honour the deal. We thanked everyone for their time, the manager attacked my character, i then thanked him for his time, shook his hand and departed.

It is an experience like this that will keep me away from ever purchasing a car from this dealership and in the future i am looking to avoid the situation all together
Old 05-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Island Mod

I had a fun experience last night, not really looking at buying a new car but thought we would go for a drive and check things out. Well we pulled into a Ford Dealership last night at 845pm thinking they would be closed, well I wasn't even out of my car yet and I had a salesman standing at my door. The guy was so greasy looking and cheesy he fell into the stereotypical sleezy salesman look and aditute, well after a few minutes of him trying to talk to me like i have no idea about cars and whats what, he finaly asked me what I did and I told him that I work for Honda. His whole aditute changed and he turned into a bit of a kiss ass. I walked right after that. Not a bad experience but funny none the less.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I experienced similar things at Vic Hyundai on Gorge there while helping a friend shop for a car. We came straight from work at a welding shop we both worked at and the sales staff were strangely reluctant to help. Much like Jas' situation, we came back later after changing from gritty work clothes, we were treated much better but they ducked every attempt we tried at getting a bottom line price. If you're set on a Korean automobile, I think my buddy ended up going to the Duncan dealership, and he can't say enough good stuff about the service.
94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
ROOGP-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectcivic View Post
I had a fun experience last night, not really looking at buying a new car but thought we would go for a drive and check things out. Well we pulled into a Ford Dealership last night at 845pm thinking they would be closed, well I wasn't even out of my car yet and I had a salesman standing at my door. The guy was so greasy looking and cheesy he fell into the stereotypical sleezy salesman look and aditute, well after a few minutes of him trying to talk to me like i have no idea about cars and whats what, he finaly asked me what I did and I told him that I work for Honda. His whole aditute changed and he turned into a bit of a kiss ass. I walked right after that. Not a bad experience but funny none the less.
What was his name? hah
Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

The Hyundai dealership is hilarious. I went there to get an xmas presetn for my mom (wanted some hyundai stuff... lol w/e)

I couldn't even make it to the parts deartment. They wanted to sell me a goddamn tiberon as if it was the hottest thing on earth.

"Nice car, we can upgrade you to a 2009 tiburon today!"

was stopped by like 4 salesmen. Had to explain to them that "upgrading" to a 200hp fwd car is a downgrade from mine :P

Drove off with my teddy.

If your looking at getting a new car I suggest on hiring a car broker. My wife's mother did. I went with her. They do all the haggling for you and get the bottom line directly from the managers themselves. They tell you how much wiggle room there is and whether or not they think you'll accept the offer. (they keep the bottom line confidential for obvious reasons) If you have a broker they know your serious. The guy she dealt with was very professional and I was really impressed. You avoid all the unnecessary talk with salesmen and etc. Deal with the broker and he deals with the dealership for you, he shops around for you to get the best price. In my opinion, worth every penny.
Fleemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
rental_metard I assume you are referring to the VW/Audi dealership if so thanks for the heads up.

Super Dipper, was your car purchase recent? we are looking into Versa, echo, accent, ect.

I have received two messages: My bad experience was at Victoria Hyundai where I feel the sales manager personally attacked me over what i assumed to be easy questions. We had an agreed upon price and financing worked out and as we were signing papers the dealership informed us that they could not honour the deal. We thanked everyone for their time, the manager attacked my character, i then thanked him for his time, shook his hand and departed.

It is an experience like this that will keep me away from ever purchasing a car from this dealership and in the future i am looking to avoid the situation all together
my parents bought their CR-V from campus honda just after new years.

with nissan its the same BS everytime im in. I get treated a little better now that a chick i know works on the infiniti side, but its the same old story nonetheless.

My favorite story so far was when the girl i knew, came up to me, introduced me as being new to the infiniti team, and we were talking, some grease ball sales guy from the nissan side comes up to me and starts telling me that modifying the G35 wasnt a good idea, as the camshafts will let go and cause the motor to fail and i should look into a either a 370 or G37s because they are a better motor and whatnot.

He rambled on for a little bit and then when he asked me what i did for work, he walked away red in the face while his colleague pissed herself laughing.

Im all for "one-upping" the next guy or trying to make ones appearance superior infront of others, but do your fucking homework first.

lol idiots.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD

Quote:
think befro you type
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

oh btw, if you are looking at a hyundai, go check out duncan hyundai. my boss has bought 2 cars from there in the past 3 years or so and she has been happy with them both times. As well, the service dept seems to go that extra mile to make their customers happy.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD

Quote:
think befro you type
Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
AJL

Well I flew into Vancouver this morning for meetings and flew back to get my car, I am now spending the weekend here, I am going to see if any of the dealerships here want to sell the car at the price we worked out, if so the wife will drive it back Sunday.

I did get a laugh at dinner when the wife told me the dealership called and asked her to come back in on monday, I told her i would go back simply for the apology, apparently they didn't realize when I told them I had an important meeting to attend every monday and thursday at 7pm I really had an important meeting.

thanks for the tip on duncan as well, if i dont find anything this weekend i will check Duncan out on the long weekend
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
I don't get it

all i can say is victoria hyundai is a joke. will not be going back there.
VBP EP3 *sold*
Eros250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Adding to the pile of praise, a good friend of mine bought a Hyundai Elantra to get him through his residency, and has nothing but great things to say about Duncan Hyundai. If you're looking at one, it seems you'll do well to deal with those folks
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
AJL

From everyones experience with Duncan Hyundia is there a prefered sales person I should contact? If so please post or PM the sales persons name, in exchange I will inquire if they have some sort of customer referral program and let them know who, and possible multipile people, has referred me to the sales person.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #15
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

all i can say...don't go @.....mitsubishi vancouver.....thats the F*** dealership in the city!!!!
m3lv_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lv_VIII View Post
all i can say...don't go @.....mitsubishi vancouver.....thats the F*** dealership in the city!!!!
Uh.... Quoi?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #17
AJL

well the search is over. Went to the coquitlam Hyundia to see if they wanted to match the deal Victoria Hyundia offered originally on the accent... Left with a new Tiburon for about $20/month more and $100/year more on insurance.

Overall it was a great deal and the sales staff were excellent. The manager sat with us a few times over the course of our visit and appologized for the way we were treated in victoria. Overall it was a better experience then i had buying any other car (bmw, Audi, Subaru)
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
sort of off topic, but one of the best experiences ive had recently was at Campus Honda. Jim Galand was our sales rep and hands down THE best car salesman ive ever dealt with.

Never really liked the guys at Nissan, they always seem to look down on me when i come in my work attire when im grabbing a part and ask them a question regarding the new G or Z.

But once i clean up and drive in with my car, they wont stop hounding me.... assholes
+ 1 for jim, hes a wicked guy!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #19
Banned (BBM)

Hahaha, coquitlam should phone victoria and thank them for the sale ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
well the search is over. Went to the coquitlam Hyundia to see if they wanted to match the deal Victoria Hyundia offered originally on the accent... Left with a new Tiburon for about $20/month more and $100/year more on insurance.

Overall it was a great deal and the sales staff were excellent. The manager sat with us a few times over the course of our visit and appologized for the way we were treated in victoria. Overall it was a better experience then i had buying any other car (bmw, Audi, Subaru)
Fleemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #20
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Not sure if he's still there but Tony at duncan hyundai helped us with our used hnda civic from there and my parents sante fe. They seem to be a good dealership with no BS.
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #21
Head Mod yo

Tony has owned Duncan Hyundai for years. His wife used to work with me at the CVRD. Great people there.

Capilano Audi is excellent, treated me fantastic. They are also incredibly understanding.
Victoria SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #22
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Never been in the market for a Hyundai, but I did recently deal with a slew of dealerships before buying my wife's caddy.

Ford: Went to Glen Oak and the one in Colwood. Both times just wanted to see the product and get a feel for the vehicles. Both times Sales guys started off not too bad, with reasonable product knowledge and were fairly helpful. Upon completing the drives and atrying to leave was where it got hard. They will try and seize upon you and stick you in their little austere room while the shuttle back and forth to their manager "trying to get you a deal". My wife and I actually liked the product and she loved the little escapes, but we hated the sales experience.

Sales guy at Nissan was just greasy and didn't seem to really care. we found most of the Nissan stuff (Rogue and Murano) to be expensive for the content level you were getting.

Saturn guy was good. No issues at all. Just the Vue was pugly.

GM guys were not bad at all. We ended up buying from them and it was a good experience. The Equinox/Torrent was not bad, and the SRX was sublime compared to everything else we drove. We worked out a deal I felt was reasonable and are happy with the new vehicle.

We never did check out Honda as the CRV's overbite grill styling was just too hideous.

We didn't look at the korean vehicles either as my wife and I are employed.
ChrisStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
AJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Capilano Audi is excellent, treated me fantastic. They are also incredibly understanding.
Capilano Audi is where i purchased my A4, great sales staff and even better support after purchase and with maintenance.

Hyundai canada has contact the wife over the letter we sent after dealing with Victoria and we are expecting a phone call from the head office this week.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

We had the best experience ever from a dealer this week... the gungy place on Bay Street. Most of their selection is horrid, but hey... what do expect for mostly sub $3000 cars. Andrew was our sales guy. A British guy with absolutely zero sales pressure and no used car sales cheese.

I still refuse to buy brand new although it was awfully tempting this time.
1965 Chevrolet Nova SS - BBC powered gasser in the making.
1963 Acadian Beaumont Convertible - My silver on red baby.
ostampflee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #25
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
+2. Didn't end up buying from him because they didn't have the colour I was after and Duncan did, but I dealt with Jim in December and he remembered me when I went back in April. Excellent service, would have happily bought from him if they'd had the car I wanted in stock.

Discovery Honda in Duncan is even better, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by BilletPimp
and she wishes you'd realize that she broke up with you ;)
Demosthenes X is offline   Reply With Quote