REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #26
Director of RS Cares

what youre feeling is normal. everyone goes through it, everyone gets their heart broken at one point in their life. but if you think your life is over and that you'll never find someone better is ridiculous and you'll honestly look back onto this moment some years from now and laugh at yourself. this is just one person out of the many that you're going to meet and date. trust me and everyone else that is telling you this. life is full of disappointments and heartache, don't let ONE person make you think this is the end of your entire existence when you have so much to experience!

love, real love, isn't as horrible as you may look at it right now. when you meet THE ONE, it's going to be the most amazing feeling you will feel.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

pull yourself together, it's okay new gf..!
sweetiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #28
I don't get it

yeah i hear u dude, friend's in the same situation and is always talking about her even tho he doesnt like her anymore, but i think otherwise... if situations that bad maybe consult a psychologist?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i think the saying goes
"its better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all"
as alot of poeple huere said just pull yourself together
improve YOURSELF get stonger, smarter, richer,
show her in the future what a big mistake it was to you have left you
Honyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #31
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
if you never get over this, and/or you kill yourself, then it is natural selection.

and like the guy above you said, it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

get over it, it will take time, but you'll get over it. then when you least expect it you'll meet someone better. that's the way it always happens. and it'll happen to you as long as you get yourself out of your emo rut.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help

don't try to show her up in the future and make her regret it... that makes you think of her even more and plus, makes you look stupid. Just live your life and forget about her. a 1.5 year relationship is nothing to cry about.. disneyland burning down to the ground is.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #33
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

thanks everyone for all the comments. The relationship I had was for 7 years. I honeslty don't have the energy or the feel to go out to be happy or to just keep myself busy so I don't have to think about her. Honeslty when you go out for 7 years and when they wanna end it they end it and thats it? What the fuck was the 7 years for and in a flash its like down the drain and gone. For people who feel me and actually have gone through it, i'm so happy for you guys who got over it. I'm not sure how long it's going to take me but I don't think it will. Everything just seems black and white to me right now, nothing has colour or meaning to it anymore. For like you guys here, when you hear this you feel it right? You guys probably at least feel sorry for me or at least think its sad or whatever right? So how can my ex for 7 years have none of this? How can she be so cruel to me?
xh3atyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Wish you told me this earlier...I fell in love, and then I got married!
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #35

Kill me already
Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #36
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xh3atyx View Post
thanks everyone for all the comments. The relationship I had was for 7 years. I honeslty don't have the energy or the feel to go out to be happy or to just keep myself busy so I don't have to think about her. Honeslty when you go out for 7 years and when they wanna end it they end it and thats it? What the fuck was the 7 years for and in a flash its like down the drain and gone. For people who feel me and actually have gone through it, i'm so happy for you guys who got over it. I'm not sure how long it's going to take me but I don't think it will. Everything just seems black and white to me right now, nothing has colour or meaning to it anymore. For like you guys here, when you hear this you feel it right? You guys probably at least feel sorry for me or at least think its sad or whatever right? So how can my ex for 7 years have none of this? How can she be so cruel to me?
wow... 7 years... and i thought i had it rough. Mine was 1.5 years, and up to now i still feel hurt at random times. And yah, the heartless ex. She left without ever looking back, not even once. It doesn't make sense... if they could be so happy with you before and sharing all those good times, wouldnt they at least feel... bad ... when they leave you?
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

^ i dont know if i have ever stated this before or not, but women are pure fucking evil... thats my answer to your question.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

go to "yes man" conference in San Diego.

Cheer up dude. 7yrs is hard to throw away, but you have the rest of your life to fullfill with something new. Its never too late to restart.

Here is something that could be worst: 7yrs of relationship and one car accident, boom, the partner is dead.

Think about it, Don't kill yourself over 1 deadend relationship

Last edited by wasabisashimi; 05-24-2009 at 11:36 PM.
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #39

7 years holy fuck

i heard the maximum it should take to get over ur ex is half the amount of time you guys went out
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #40
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

damn 7 years?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #41
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i dont get it guys
i mean after going out with someone for even say4 years dont they know they wanna be together forever?? because you guys are used to eachother

but dam 7 years and she realizes that she doesnt wanna be with u?
thats rough man.. dam girls!!
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #42
you
Banned (BBM)

girls r fucking evil
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
dude i thought u were just some whiny teen over a 1.5 year relationship.. NOW i feel sorry for you. did her parents like you? any conflicts? long distance relationship?.. just odd she left you. unless shes shallow and found someone who looks better or is better in bed. no offense. did you want to marry this bitch?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #44
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
LOL
shit no help here man, I can't help you with something I can't even begin to imagine. actually I can, it probably feels like what most people have felt before, but like super ultra extreme fucking worse. lol shit.

if you don't do drugs, lol don't start.

if you don't drink, don't start. well not now anyways.

it'll probably just take time.

uh so what the fuck happened? this is like 1000x more interesting now. why'd she dump you? any GOOD reason at all? were there any signs of this shit creeping up? how old are you? how old is she!?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #45
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
AHHHH MIKE, Take it easy!!!!! Give me a call if you wanna chill, havent talk to you guys in awhile...

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #46
VLS Pet Forum Mod

Quote:

Here's another point of veiw, you keep looking at it (how she treated/treating you) as something she is doing to you. What if she does have feelings and is not wanting to talk to you because it hurts her as well.
Maybe she made a tough decision but one that had to be made. She may not feel strong enough to deal with you and your emotions/feelings/demands at this time.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #47

I always had a feeling her parents didn't like me but she always tells me they like me(well they dont hate me). I don't really like her parents that much but i always respected them, always helped them out and was always nice no matter what. We had little problems here and there, but we were not happy for awhile. I never saw it coming cause of how we were, it was little things but we always get over. We both had made mistakes by cheating, and when i say cheating i mean like real cheating, but i think its sometimes how pissed off we get and how much we hate eachother at the moment that makes us do this. I can explain lots of things to you guys but no one will ever understand our relationship, people will say why are you guys still together after this and that, saying something you guys are never happy together. We understand that or I understand that, in a relationship its not always happy and good there times when things are bad and I learned to just stick with it because no matter what happens I can never be mad at her for long. This girl was my life and still is, and yes I was going to marry her if she wanted to marry me. We search for girls our whole lives, or we go out with so many different girls to find "the one" well this is the one and i know it cause i would risk mylife just to put a smile on her face.
Her reasons of breaking up was because she had enough, things where building up. But what really happened was one day are aruged and i need some time. And when i was ready to talk again she dumped me, it backed fired on me somehow.
Trust me everyone on here is going to think im nuts and i dont know what im talking about, I am 20 years of age. Trust me people i know what love is and i know im not fucking around i know i love this girl. Im not one of thoughs that fall in love and at young age and dont even know what it means. This is no puppy love or highschool bull shit, this is straight up true love.

I understand what lil bastard said and ya you may be right, But this is something that can be fix and talked about. We never talked about the problems we had and tried to fix them. So i dont think it had to be over just like that. Ok saying it need to be over, but it hurts her so much cause it had to be done, as of how we are we would be able to at least talk about how it will be from now on. I dont really know how to say it but say if someone cheated you would never wanna talk to them again or something but this is just different.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #48
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
why not try and win her back?
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #49

You can try to get her back but it could possibly add salt to the wound. Best to cut off all contact, move on and start the healing process. Try something new you've always wanted to do in life, take on a new hobby, travel etc.... If she realizes she made a mistake, she'll find a way to contact you. At that point you might realize you're better off without her or you've found someone better.

I know it's easier said than done but you'll come around....everyone that has been heartbroken sooner or later does.

Last edited by BlackV62K2; 05-27-2009 at 12:44 AM.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 AM   #50
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
you are 20 years of age, and you guys went out for 7 years...
which means you started dating her when you were.. 13?

holy crap
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote