REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
Exclamation EMPIREVEHICLES.COM

ive been trying to sell a car on craigslist, and for those of you who've done it before, you get tons of calls from relisting companies who bug the shit out of you to pay them a fee so they can aggressively list your car on tons of websites and papers. this one in particular is called empirevehicles from surrey.

their promise is, they GUARANTEE the sale of your car for an upfront fee of $400. if you sound really relluctant, they will eventually drop this fee as low as $249. they say that they list the car on buysell, craigslist, kijiji, autotrader, etc... the attractive thing about their service, is that they offer financing options for buyers. most of their salesmen sound really unprofessional on the phone (probably all 17yr old min wage hs dropout losers) and once you show any resistance at all, their main sales guy who is a pushy SOB gets on the phone with you.

first off, i'd never buy anything from a pushy salesman, PERIOD. if the product sounds like a great deal, it sells itself. i dont need someone to force me into buying anything.
second, how can anyone guarantee a sale of something? if theres no buyers, theres no sale. end of story.

so i tell the guy im not interested and i want to sell it myself. hes still being really pushy at this point and i tell him that if i dont sell it in a month or two, give me a call back. a few months goes by, the car hasnt sold. he calls back and is more fuckin annoying then ever. he gives me a little more info on his company and i tell him i'll call him during the week, DONT CALL ME.

so during this week, i go on their website and look at their listings. all the listings have emails of their clients so you can contact them directly. i decide to email them and ask them about empirevehicles' service, if it was worth it, did they sell the car for you, etc....

heres a few of the emails i got back:

"Hi,
I don't think their services are worth it. First of all, they never sent me the links to the ads of my car. I emailed them about it, and all I got was "will provide the links with in 2 business days". Second, I seem to be getting a lot more junk emails lately...a few people "from Europe" were trying to buy the car, but wanted me to pay them a few thousands first.
Anyway, if I can choose again, I will not do it. But that's just me. They did what they said to do, just not as good as promised. And the sales person will not be the one you will be dealing with once the fee is paid.
Good luck selling the car."

"i was not very impressed with the service and thought it was a waste of money. I ended up selling mine on Craigslist with better luck."

"Don't do it. They are pretty close to a scam. They list on a bunch of free websites. Not worth it."

"Dont waste your $$$$.I havent heard shit from them since they took my money.I havnt seen adds for my truck on well-known sites to buy used cars.I totally feel like an idiot for being sucked into advertising with 2 of these sites! Ive bought and sold many cars and due to lack of time I decided to go with these crooks....they told me everything i wanted to hear just to sign me up.Ive been listed for about 6-8 weeks and maybe 2 responses.Since then Ive been solicited by about 5-8 other companies just like these guys.List it yourself in fairly local publications."

"they are a scam- DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY $$$$$....i fell for it- ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn awaaaaaaaaaay fast -vanessa...gl on selling your car!"

"Well I would love to say that I am totally satisfied, but I am not quite sure. I have two cars listed with them for a week and a half now. I still haven't checked all the websites that they say they list with. So I haven't been that dilligent, unfortunately. I will be completely satisfied when my cars are sold. They sound like they have good guarantees, so I am trusting in that. But it is quite a bit of money to put down intially."

so the guy calls me back today, sounds a little fed up with me giving him the runaround. the conversation goes like this:

"hi chris, are you ready to list the car?
"i dont think im interested in your service"
"why is that?"
"well i went on your website and emailed a bunch of your clients, and none of them are happy with you guys, so i dont see myself being happy with you guys either"
----------------LONG SILENCE-----------------------
(at this point this is the very first time ive said anything to him that he didnt have a pushy sales response to)

"ok chris"
"ok bye"

im super happy i didnt give them a dime! these relisters wont work for shit once they have your money. i even went on their site and tried searching for the cars that they supposedly relisted everywhere (they say the re-list each ad twice a week), and most of the ads i couldnt even find on craigslist let alone buysell or any other website! stay far away and if they harrass you just tell them the same thing i did.
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
hmm, they guarantee they sell your car!??!?! so they welcome all low ballers?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Those fuckers called me too. I guess they found my ad for my car on craigslist.
The first time they called was awhile ago. They try to explain how their company work and etc...blah blah blah.
I told them I am not interested. Because I have dealt with similar company b4.
Greatcarsandtrucks.com and empirevehicals.com are all the same shit different cows.

I wont be surprise if it is the same owner for both company.

Anyway 1 month later I got a call again. Asking if I want to sign up.
I told them I am not interested cos I dont trust your company or the way it do business.
He then try to get me to go all the way to Surrey to see their "legit" office space....

There is no way I am wasting half a day to go to surrey to see somethign I already know
It is a scam.

By that time the saleman was getting really pushy and rude.
Saying shit like, you wont be able to sell your car as quick as they can, or at all.

At that point I just told him no thanks and hung up.

What piss me off the most is. 3 months later. They called again while I was taking a nap. I was harrsh cranky. and pretty much told them to fuck off.
................/__/ \__\...............
KiDEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

all they guarantee is the listing of your car anyways.

fucking crooks, if i sat around on CL all day... i'd love to get paid for it..

oh wait.. i do.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Good post. I think we know all we need to now.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
These fuckers gave me a call too when I posted my previous car for sale on Craigslist. I told them I wasn't interested and these fuckers kept on calling back!!!!!!
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Luckily I sold my car a while back!! If they "guarantee" they can sell your car for sure, why don't you just ask them for cash upfront and hey, the car is theirs. They can sell it however they want! hahaha
Old 06-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I asked them b4: "if u Guarantee to sell my car, I would be more than happy to give you $300 for it. I would even be happy to give you $500. But thats only if you sell my car first and I pay you after it is sold."

Then they gave me some bs story about thats not how it works, and said they cant work for free.....
................/__/ \__\...............
KiDEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
In any case, just tell them to piss off. It's like dealing with telemarketers, except they're trying to push a product....oh wait.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

God! Seems that everyone is getting called. I was told about the information of the company first, then they said 88% of the cars are sold within the first 2 weeks, and if it doesn't sell in 12 weeks with a payment of $25 a week, they will list it for free until it is sold.. god they were annoying as balls.. thanks for posting this thread, now i know never to deal with this crap!
typ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i guess i was a lil' too late...read this thread after i paid...i didn't even bother sending them the details and the pics. BTW, anyone wants a miata? j/k
ken855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDEclipse View Post
I asked them b4: "if u Guarantee to sell my car, I would be more than happy to give you $300 for it. I would even be happy to give you $500. But thats only if you sell my car first and I pay you after it is sold."

Then they gave me some bs story about thats not how it works, and said they cant work for free.....
That was exactly what i told them, and that was their exact response!!!
kj604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #13

Just realized how old this forum is!! They just phoned me today so i decided to do some investigating. Wonder how they survive? Must be alot of suckers out there!!!
kj604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^^

At least, if people are searching Empirevehicles.com in Google, they'll see this thread at #5 in the search results. Hopefully, this thread can help deter people from using their shitty service.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Heh, I got a call from them today also. The guy asked details about the car that were clearly listed on the CL advert already, then proceeded to make his proposal... for $399. I let out a long "uhhhh", to which he responded "Acura TLs of this year are in high demand right now!"

Said I'd call him back. Will I? Hell no
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM.

My old buddy use to do this back in the day. They pick up an auto trader and call everyone in there. Their guarantee is B.S. buysell, craigslist, kijiji, autotrader are all free to list and take about 5 minutes each to list. Anyone one can do what they are doing. Just pick up an auto trader and start calling.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

theres one fine detail missing here. yes u pay the money up front and they reassure you, that your car will sell within 2 months. But whats missing here is if it DOESNT sell within 2 months you get your money back. Im speaking from experience and its win win. You take this program mark up the car 300 bucks and they push sales, or they help you sell the car and it doesnt sell you get your money back. It sounds unlegit on the phone but i went in person to talk to someone and its actually quite legit. No need to bump adds on clist everyday cause theyll be doing it.
MaGNuM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #18
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGNuM16 View Post
theres one fine detail missing here. yes u pay the money up front and they reassure you, that your car will sell within 2 months. But whats missing here is if it DOESNT sell within 2 months you get your money back. Im speaking from experience and its win win. You take this program mark up the car 300 bucks and they push sales, or they help you sell the car and it doesnt sell you get your money back. It sounds unlegit on the phone but i went in person to talk to someone and its actually quite legit. No need to bump adds on clist everyday cause theyll be doing it.
But... it seems like you never get your money back though. And what specific experience did you have with Empirevehicles.com? Right now it just seems like you work for the company.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:

Employee spotted
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Dude called me too when i was selling my car a couple months back, at first the sales seems nice and what not. Told me to pay $500 up front and i will get it back after the car has been sold, it is a safety deposit. I was like..ugh..wtf??? I told him i will look up their website and think about it. After discussing with a couple close friends, they said it was a scam. OK one week later he calls back, starting to be really pushy. I said no, not interested. He wouldnt take NO for an answer, i told him you guys are a scam. Than he starts calling me names and talking trash. Obviously i told him to go fuck himself than hung up.

Unbeveliable experience.

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #21
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

No I don't work for them . I thought the same as all of u guys but I really wanted to get rid of my car . I told the lady I would like to come in and discuss details and read over te contract. I signed up , my car didn't sell after 2 months I went in talked to the lady about getting my money back , with no problems I received a check in the mail a week later and they also continued to help sell my car too .
Posted via RS Mobile
MaGNuM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/telemarketing.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #23
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
ive never heard of anyone getting their money back with them.
when i talked to them they said they would continue to try to sell your car (forever)
but they basically stop caring and occasionally list your car on craigslist so they can make that claim and keep your money.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #24
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
I signed up , my car didn't sell after 2 months I went in talked to the lady about getting my money back , with no problems I received a check in the mail a week later and they also continued to help sell my car too.

Just sayin...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #25
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
bunch of scumbags
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote