REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #51
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Just test drive them both.

I'm pretty sure you'll like the RSX more. Integra seems a bit dated.
Advertisement
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
welfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: van
Posts: 2,657
Thanked 314 Times in 205 Posts
he already went with the integra...months ago
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie P View Post
I am an atheist still, thank God.
an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

No matter the damage caused, the truth is never wrong
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
lol yeah i did go with the integra, but still a good discussion thread

ended up going for integra over rsx because:
-price range: biggest factor. Found an integra with 105k kms, timing belt etc done, local car and not rebuilt for $6k. RSX would cost be double that :-(
-i really am not as much a fan of rsx's when modded than integras. RSX no matter how much you mod it, for me, still looks really tall....just doesn't have that same low small and simple appeal for me as older cars
-when it comes down to it, i think i like the look of integras more...i guess i'm not as fast as most people to accept newer trends...still a fan of 90's type japanese cars over current models

just my opinion though!
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1 S2 View Post
^ No, Rsx was discontinued, 06 was their last year of production.
LOL someone should put this on failblog
s3ri3s-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #55
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rsx > integra
arjaeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #56
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,502
Thanked 4,036 Times in 1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::lazybum::.. View Post
boyfriend owns a RSXtypeS

Great car, hes had it for a while .. shes a great car. they dont have any usual problems a integra can have.
integras can have the annoying issue of the IACV going which is pretty common..etc.

I personally would get an RSX. they are perfect for what you seem to be looking for.
changing an IACV takes about 15 minutes lol, one man job too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
lol yeah i did go with the integra, but still a good discussion thread

ended up going for integra over rsx because:
-price range: biggest factor. Found an integra with 105k kms, timing belt etc done, local car and not rebuilt for $6k. RSX would cost be double that :-(
-i really am not as much a fan of rsx's when modded than integras. RSX no matter how much you mod it, for me, still looks really tall....just doesn't have that same low small and simple appeal for me as older cars
-when it comes down to it, i think i like the look of integras more...i guess i'm not as fast as most people to accept newer trends...still a fan of 90's type japanese cars over current models

just my opinion though!
me too!

i still think EK9 is the best looking civic hb, better looking than Fits too.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #57
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,576
Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,361 Posts
am i the only one that hates the frog-eyes on the dc2?
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #58
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
welfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: van
Posts: 2,657
Thanked 314 Times in 205 Posts
DA pwns..
peaceout
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie P View Post
I am an atheist still, thank God.
an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

No matter the damage caused, the truth is never wrong
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #59
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,552 Times in 1,369 Posts
RSX! as I said..
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #60
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,552 Times in 1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongG View Post
DC.
care to elaborate? which one?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #61
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!
 
james_and7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
integra
james_and7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #62
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,146
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
dc5
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #63
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,364
Thanked 1,798 Times in 828 Posts
There's only one Integra you should own... and that's the DB2.

On another note, it's too bad that Acura stopped making the Integra/RSX.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #64
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,146
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
indeed

honda and toyota blows balls now...in terms of sport cars
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #65
I don't get it
 
for the nguyen!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 401
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey, just wondering how you're liking the car so far?

Looking to pick up a 98 or 99 for myself.
for the nguyen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by for the nguyen! View Post
Hey, just wondering how you're liking the car so far?

Looking to pick up a 98 or 99 for myself.
no complaints. I bought a 98 RS with low mileage but that had a few accidents and a cracked bumper yet still had absolutely no issues after a year of ownership. it's been reliable as hell.

it's also very fun to drive, esp when lowered. It's affordable, yet nice looking, so you can drive it around, soupe it up and enjoy it all you want, without getting too scared to touch it or attached. Feels like a toy car, since it's small, not too tall and lowered - very fun to drive around in, but also reliable and good looking.

another thing that has unexpectadly impressed me is the crazy trunk space. I flipped my back seats down and easily fit and transported a 50" plasma in the back. Did the same when i bought my 16" rims from the states. Very very roomy trunk space. If you want to drive people in the back though, the RSX is much roomier, although both cars are cramped. I think of the integra as a two seater with 4 seats lol
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #67
I don't get it
 
for the nguyen!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 401
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
no complaints. I bought a 98 RS with low mileage but that had a few accidents and a cracked bumper yet still had absolutely no issues after a year of ownership. it's been reliable as hell.

it's also very fun to drive, esp when lowered. It's affordable, yet nice looking, so you can drive it around, soupe it up and enjoy it all you want, without getting too scared to touch it or attached. Feels like a toy car, since it's small, not too tall and lowered - very fun to drive around in, but also reliable and good looking.

another thing that has unexpectadly impressed me is the crazy trunk space. I flipped my back seats down and easily fit and transported a 50" plasma in the back. Did the same when i bought my 16" rims from the states. Very very roomy trunk space. If you want to drive people in the back though, the RSX is much roomier, although both cars are cramped. I think of the integra as a two seater with 4 seats lol
Thanks for replying, glad to hear it's been a good experience. Read some complaints online about road noise. How's it been for you?
for the nguyen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #68
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,034
Thanked 413 Times in 119 Posts
The ITR in the DC2 chassis is the best handling front wheel drive car ever. Its not a matter of opinion but fact.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #69
:: Resident Tofu Salesman ::
 
tofu1413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,929
Thanked 8,432 Times in 2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by for the nguyen! View Post
Thanks for replying, glad to hear it's been a good experience. Read some complaints online about road noise. How's it been for you?
road noise usually from ricer exhaust, low pro tires and excessive audio equipment.


the regular cars arent too bad. assuming theyre bone stock.



if you're really concerned about road noise, add sound deadening and dont buy a type R.
__________________
12' (typ 987) Porsche Cayman R PDK- Platinum Silver

99' (EM1) Honda Civic SiR - Milano Red


Only Bought. Never built.



Le tofu.
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #70
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
yup i have an exhaust, so i guess i shouldn't comment. I imagine it would be quieter in the rsx tho, as it has a newer design? but overall, i don't think it's really not such a significant difference
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #71
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
MCC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 530
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I had a integra before...and now own an RSX .... the integra was bone stock...the RSX i did the usual bolt ons and lowered. hard to compare...but when i first got the RSX i feel it was a more solid car...the steering wheel was heavier .....everything seem more luxurious.
__________________
"www.mybackpainfacts.com"
MCC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #72
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
delSol97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 2,685
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
RSX.
The Integra chassis is a decade older. The RSX is light-years ahead in refinement, fit/finish, etc.
No question. The only Integra I would consider instead of an RSX would be a Type R, but even then only if I intended to track it.
delSol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #73
I am Hook'd on RS
 
stockcivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 64
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
RSX is heavier
stockcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #74
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vernon
Posts: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
integra ftw
Hondahatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #75
Certified Troll: Access Removed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: home
Posts: 40
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How about ITR vs RSX-S, shouldn't that be thread title?
Art Vandalay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net