REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #25001
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
gotta post on the 1000th page! haha. damn hopefully we can do better next year. so sad that we lost on the exact date to the exact team this year...
you mean 1001
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #25002
The RS Anchorman

Congrats Habs!!! Hopefully San Jose VS Habs in the Final and I see Flyers VS Habs in the Eastern Final !!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #25003
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

hot goalie will do that...i hate the fact the habs got through and not the canucks..i'll be happy if both got through but knowing that the habs has a chance to get to the finals just makes me sad...

well..anyways...seems like a retooling job will be made....

who thinks that raymond will be gone (trade) since grabner is emerging (and cheaper)...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #25004
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
hot goalie will do that...i hate the fact the habs got through and not the canucks..i'll be happy if both got through but knowing that the habs has a chance to get to the finals just makes me sad...

well..anyways...seems like a retooling job will be made....

who thinks that raymond will be gone (trade) since grabner is emerging (and cheaper)...
i would be sad to see raymond go. he's been great this year and he continues to improve. but of course, there's no way to ascertain what will happen with any of our UFAs. it would be pure speculation.
Spoiler!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #25005
Banned (ABWS)

raymond is a JOKE. Yea hes fast but has no finish and no passing skills lol. He just skates around in circles
Old 05-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #25006
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhDang View Post
raymond is a JOKE. Yea hes fast but has no finish and no passing skills lol. He just skates around in circles
Raymond, Mason

82 GP
25 G
28 A
53 PTS

He averages around 1 goal every 3.28 GP and had the same number of goals as Ryan Kesler.

He's paid $760,000 while Kesler gets paid 1.75 Mill.

I guess Kesler is a JOKE as well?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #25007
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,859 Times in 8,217 Posts
Not that I agree about Raymond, but Kesler is worth a LOT more than the goals he scores. He's nominated for the Selke trophy, FFS

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 05-13-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #25008
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
He was nominated, he didn't win it...yet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #25009
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
raymond has potential. look at the improvement from last year to this year. last year he really did just skate around in circles because he didnt know what to do with the puck.

hes 24 and this was his second full season with the big club. he went from 23 to 53 points and 11 to 25 goals.

his passing and hockey sense are improving huge, he hits now and plays with a bit of an edge, and hes even trusted with PK duties. you can learn to score goals (it took kesler and burrows 4 years to learn to score) and you can develop hockey sense, but you cant learn to be one of the fastest skaters in the league.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #25010
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post
He was nominated, he didn't win it...yet.
I doubt he's winning it, Kesler 75 points and a +1. Datsyuk 70 points and a +15. The plus/minus will probably be the difference for Datsyuk considering it's an award for best defensive forward. I hope I'm wrong and he got the votes needed.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #25011
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

As long as Crosby is out of the playoffs then it took some the pain away.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #25012
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
If you posted this last year it had some merit, this year you're flat out wrong. He's vastly improved his game.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #25013
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There is a riot going on in Montreal right now for beating the Pens. LOL

They were showing it on Global TV.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #25014
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelydriver View Post
There is a riot going on in Montreal right now for beating the Pens. LOL

They were showing it on Global TV.
man...if they had a riot for beating the pens, imagine when they lose a series...or win the next series. Oh snap.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #25015
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Mason Raymond is good, he just needs to pass more
Old 05-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #25016
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,698 Posts
Wow. Go Philly! I want to see history happen.

If Philly does win though...
It means I predicted all the wrong teams to advance in round 2.. =/
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #25017

2007 Draft:

Patrick White 25th overall
Taylor Ellington 33rd overall
PK Subban 43rd overall
Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #25018
Banned (ABWS)

Notice how SJ Chi and MTL have a black guy on their team?
Coincidence I THINK NOT!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #25019
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Notice how SJ Chi and MTL have a black guy on their team?
Coincidence I THINK NOT!
So did LA

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #25020
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
2007 Draft:

Patrick White 25th overall
Taylor Ellington 33rd overall
PK Subban 43rd overall
no more of this please. Everyone can make themselves a genius if they knew what they were getting at the draft. If you are going to make this argument, then why not compare the draft rank of Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they got drafted in the 6th/7th round? who would have predicted that!
If your gonna do this then you might as well say that Patrick Stefan was a first round pick. Where is he now?

no more kopitaarz stuff here.. its getting old.
There is no perfect accuracy in selecting the players in draft. At the time of draft, you choose the best player that has the best ability to play up to their potential. It's the organizations responsibility to discover and hone those potential skills. It's not just based solely on the talent that these players have.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #25021
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post
So did LA
doesnt count he was x2 as dark as the others lol
Talk about shit on ice
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #25022

Agreed. Drafting is a crapshoot at best. sometimes u get lucky and lightning strikes

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #25023

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
no more of this please. Everyone can make themselves a genius if they knew what they were getting at the draft. If you are going to make this argument, then why not compare the draft rank of Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they got drafted in the 6th/7th round? who would have predicted that!
If your gonna do this then you might as well say that Patrick Stefan was a first round pick. Where is he now?
It's just a post about PK Subban. I'm not arguing anything. If it makes you feel better, I'll edit it to this:

Quote:
2007 Draft:

Patrick Kane 1st overall
David Perron 26th overall
PK Subban 43rd overall
Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #25024
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
doesnt count he was x2 as dark as the others lol
Talk about shit on ice
Werd. I had HDTV and I still couldn't tell if Simmonds was a player or somebody's shadow. It also didn't help that the LA's uniform was almost completely black.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #25025
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,252 Times in 2,363 Posts
Man, the fans in Montreal must be going nuts.

Edit:

I guess they did go nuts...

Quote:
Montreal mobs loot stores after Game 7 win

Riot police in Montreal moved in to quell rowdy mobs that began smashing windows and looting stores following the celebration of Montreal's win against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Thousands of people poured into the streets to celebrate the win, and most people were peaceful, a police spokesman said.

But police did have to fire tear gas and pepper spray as they marched down Ste. Catherine Street to break up the crowd who were throwing bottles at officers and storefronts. At least 25 people were reported arrested.

The RDI network showed youths breaking into and looting a number of shops, including a Foot Locker store. Some tossed clothes from the store onto the street and the items were quickly scooped up by those in the vicinity.

Some had donned hoods and masks to conceal their identities.

Police officers wearing protective gear were stationed at every intersection. Police on horseback were also assigned to monitor downtown.

Police spokesman Ian Lafrenière said they arrested most people for breaking into two businesses.

"A lot of Canadien fans came forward and they were not happy about what was going on. It’s not them, it’s a small group of organized people," he said. "When you’re looking at a group of people marching two by two, this is not a coincidence."

The violence happened hours after thousands of people poured into the streets celebrate the Canadiens' 5-2 win over Penguins in Pittsburgh, capturing their best-of-seven NHL playoff series in seven games.

Many came from the Bell Centre, where 20,000 tickets to watch the game on giant screens had sold out within minutes. Fans cheered the Canadiens' reaching the conference final for the first time since their 1993 Stanley Cup ride.

Even though the team was playing on the road, police had earlier appealed to fans to be on their best behaviour in Montreal. Ste. Catherine Street was once again closed to traffic between Guy and University streets as of 7 p.m. ET.

Denis Desroches, the deputy police chief, said earlier that a lot of police officers would be on hand to ensure a safe environment.

Montreal has a history of hockey-related violence.

Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed and looted after the Canadiens beat the Bruins in 2008 to advance to the next round of that season's playoffs.

There were also riots after Stanley Cup wins in 1986 and 1993. Police say three types of people are usually swept up in the rowdiness — fans who want to celebrate, people who are drawn to the area of the celebration and get drunk, and thieves who want to profit from any vandalism.

Police said hockey fans don't deserve the blame for any of the looting or vandalism after major Habs wins in recent years. They said none of the people they arrested in 2008 had tickets to the game on them.

With files from Radio-Canada and The Canadian Press

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 05-13-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Closed Thread