REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #26
I am on the internets

I'd love to thank 92% of people who use the 91 HWY to the US border, because all 92% of you move over when people need to pass you.

I take that highway quite a lot to drive to the US and its excellent there.
Advertisement
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I just hate anyone that doesnt pay attention when they're driving, doesnt matter what lane they're in.
Aren't you 15 years old?
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vna888 View Post
lol that's funny.
"wtf happened? Oh we had a fight on the internet and it led to this...."
Sounds like you're backing off. Good choice.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I've come to realize that the majority of people in the lower mainland honestly, truly do not know that there is any distinction between the right and left lanes. They're not being deliberately obnoxious. They seriously don't know better.

Get out of the city (i.e. the drive to Calgary) and you will see proper road etiquette.

Some countries in Europe have this down pat. When your rear bumper is 5 feet in front of the front bumper of the car you've just passed, you move to the right lane NOW! It's so beautiful. It makes me cry like a happy, little girl.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

that's why you install one of these on your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjycPit1DPo
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
^^^ mmmeeehhhhh not as funny s the first time I saw it
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

Your e-penis sure grew another inch right when you posted that.

Funny how the guy going with the flow is the dangerous driver, but the idiot who wants to go 10km FASTER than the flow and get everyone to move out of his way, ISNT the dangerous driver? Not to mention this is in the fuckin CITY.

EDIT
BNR32, my bad I forgot to add this:

As you have quoted from the MVA:

So again, what makes the asshole who wants to go 80 "the normal speed of traffic" ? I'd say if everyone is going 70, THAT is the normal speed of traffic.

Oh and your opening few sentences shows you can't read.
So you made this thread in response to the 2 threads I made (1st one was in fight club which I had a mod delete because it turned ugly - MY BAD now I know turning ugly is cool in the fight club).

You said

Since your post was in response to me, WHEN (seriously QUOTE me) did I say it was ok to drive 50 in the left lane continuously? *shakes head*

What you (and some other idiots) are suggesting is that if flow is 60-70, and some idiot wants to do 80, EVERYONE in front should GTFO. That's just RETARDED in city traffic. If there's a natural flow already, just enjoy the drive.
Again, seeing as you've quoted Skidmark and the MVA... the word "EVERYONE" coincides with "natural speed of traffic".
less than normal speed of traffic <-- this means the speed of which the traffic is generally flowing. ie, 65km/h can be the normal speed of traffic on oak street during rush hour

if it meant the speed limit, then it would say "less than the posted speed limit"

ok got any more or are you done? slower traffic move right, do you understand this yet?
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #33
Banned (BBM)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can't read again
let me spell it out for you. Lmao

I said:
Quote:
So if the flow is 60-70, what makes that guy who wants to do 80 the "normal speed of traffic" ?
You have a point if you just said "don't drive the limit in the left lane when flow is 60-70". But instead you and the other few supporters of aggressive driving, expect everyone to move over when flow is already 60-70 because of ONE guy going 80 (who btw won't get anywhere any faster due to traffic lights, left turners, and simply TRAFFIC - but this isn't my point).
I'm sorry bro, but if the speed of the 'flow' is 60-70 and I'm going at 60-70, I'm not traveling at "less than normal" speeds. Normal is now defined as 60-70 because that's the speed of the flow. Got it?
The guy doing 80 is not the "normal speed of traffic" as stated in the MVA. The crowd doing 60-70 is.

Clearly you seem to have trouble reading.

Now, if the 'flow' is at 70 and I decide to go 50 continually in the left lane, then YES I will GTFO. I've stated that 10000 times in my posts but you people can't read.
vna888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #34
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
^either that or you're bringing across a point nobody agrees with,
ever thought of that, Einstein?
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #35
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
^ lets say u see a guy behind u screaming down at 80k while you and the 20 other cars in the left lane are doing 65k, in a 50zone.

a) do you move to the left and let the 80k guy pass

b) you keep going 65 in the left cuz "you are going with the flow" , while the guy on the right lane is obeying the limit and going 50?

pick one mr.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can't read again
let me spell it out for you. Lmao

I said:

I'm sorry bro, but if the speed of the 'flow' is 60-70 and I'm going at 60-70, I'm not traveling at "less than normal" speeds. Normal is now defined as 60-70 because that's the speed of the flow. Got it?
The guy doing 80 is not the "normal speed of traffic" as stated in the MVA. The crowd doing 60-70 is.

Clearly you seem to have trouble reading.

Now, if the 'flow' is at 70 and I decide to go 50 continually in the left lane, then YES I will GTFO. I've stated that 10000 times in my posts but you people can't read.
in your original post in your other thread, you were asking why cant people drive slow in the left lane? what if they have to look for street names or something? blah blah. buddy, if somebody is tailing you or coming at you at a fast speed, move over. why is that so hard to understand?

VNA88: MAN THE BATTLE STATIONS, THIS GUY THINKS IM GOING TO MOVE OVER FOR HIM! I'll show him.. he'll wish he never wanted to pass anybody ever again after this! MWAHAHAHA *flicks on left turn signal*

what makes you feel so stubborn that you have to hold your ground? what gives you the right to draw the line at 80kmh? what if the guy was going 79km/h? would you move over for him then? what about 74kmh? 71kmh? who are you to judge who to let through, and who to keep behind?

the rules have been clearly outlined as stated by the law. slower traffic keep right. just because theres 30 other ppl infront of you all going slow too, doesnt make it OK for you to be a part of the problem. be a part of the SOLUTION and move over.

when im in the left lane and i see a guy move over for me because im going faster, i think in my head "god damn, don't see drivers like that very often!!" and i would give them the thank you wave but thats a little too corny. when i see people turn into the closest lanes without cutting lanes, i think the same thing.

but when i see scum like you blocking the road, i get so bitter.. bitter because you're ignorance is costing other people time. and no matter how you try to spin it, twist it, argue it, time IS money.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
^ lets say u see a guy behind u screaming down at 80k while you and the 20 other cars in the left lane are doing 65k, in a 50zone.

b) you keep going 65 in the left cuz "you are going with the flow" , while the guy on the right lane is obeying the limit and going 50?

pick one mr.
I pick A and move the fuck over because I know my place is in the slow lane if theres a faster guy behind me. I expect the same from other people.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #38
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

What you (and some other idiots) are suggesting is that if flow is 60-70, and some idiot wants to do 80, EVERYONE in front should GTFO. That's just RETARDED in city traffic. If there's a natural flow already, just enjoy the drive.
Again, seeing as you've quoted Skidmark and the MVA... the word "EVERYONE" coincides with "natural speed of traffic".
[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of the "theory of constraints" shit-for-brains? If some idiot decides that he should drive at 60 next to another idiot driving at 60, the traffic flow becomes 60 even if the natural flow might have been 80. Just stay out of the way of faster drivers, so they can pass you on the left, or the right (in the city) and on the left on highways. It's not up to you to decide that faster drivers should drive the same speed as you because you are driving at the flow.

Coles Notes: The flow is determined by the slowest driver(s) on the road impeding the ability of any other driver to pass them. If everyone drove in a way that allowed faster drivers to get by, traffic would move far more efficiently.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #39
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
^either that or you're bringing across a point nobody agrees with,
ever thought of that, Einstein?
Only because they think they're the shit and know everything about traffic. By they it's only a few people. I know there are a lot of people on here who see my point. They're just not cocky asses like some of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post

pick one mr.
that's drastically different than calling me a "dangerous" driver or an idiot "left lane blocker". Trust me, I'M not the dangerous driver in that situation if there are 20+ cars in front of me too. This is IN THE CITY.

So why would BNR32 bring up the MVA when even the MVA doesn't support going 80 while the flow is 65 which is what I said? Your "what would you rather...." scenario is irrelevant with what the other supporters of aggressive driving are saying.

If you can read what my point was I said also

If there's LITTLE traffic, then YES use the left lane to pass, do whatever. But if there's flow and everyone's doing above the limit ALREADY, there comes a point where you should realize that the guy who wants to go 80 is IN THE WRONG.

Getting everyone in front to merge to the right because of ONE guy...give me a break? I condone using the left lane to pass and I condone moving to the right if I'm travelling at less than normal speeds, but you're really pushing this.

If you want to make this a "what would you rather have" scenario, then I can come up with a million others to circumvent all the other rules of the road.

I'm not saying I will sit in the left lane at 50 while the flow is 65. I did say however, that ALL TRAFFIC in front (which will be endless once you get to the next block and so on) should NOT have to move over (huge merging going on in the slow lane) for one idiot who wants to go 80. You think THIS is the solution to traffic problems? By responding to this by saying "GTFO" you're simply supporting aggressive driving, and at the same time, suggesting that all vehicles should bend over backwards for 1 idiot
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #40
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
SLOWER is a relative definition, not an absolute.

To be more extreme, if you're doing 1000km/h on the left lane and a guy behind you is doing Mach 2, you should still move over and let him pass despite the fact that you're going faster than a 747.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #41
Banned (BBM)

**ppl cant read**
see later posts

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #42
Banned (BBM)

If you want to get into a debate about why someone might go a bit slower (but not below the limit) when they are watching out for their turn coming up (small street signs, many other factors)...

read this post VERY carefully
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=92

just because you're passing through a business district doesn't mean someone else's destination isn't around that area.

btw
You said to me in the other topic "why are you trying to argue the law"
Well, you just posted the law and I just showed you why the law doesn't contradict what I said. It supports what I said, in fact.

Now don't throw in a "what would you rather have...." scenario because like I said, the whole left lane (40-50-100) cars should not all have to bend over backwards for one idiot, causing the slow lane to be fucked.
Where do you draw the line bro? Just man up and say the idiot going 80 while flow is 65 IN THE CITY is in the wrong and should not be driving.

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
pet peeve of mine... slow drivers in the left lane -.-

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #44
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvu View Post
pet peeve of mine... slow drivers in the left lane -.-
slow drivers as in....one idiot going 50-55 in the left lane continually while the flow is 65-70?

Or slow driver as in...70 in both lanes (read, both lanes full), but YOU want to do 80? (not accusing you). Just saying.

If it's the former (I hope it is), then I fully agree that they should GTFO!!!!11111!!11!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment

vna888 your original post was basically arguing that you're too lazy to make the effort to even attempt to get into the right lane because it's too jammed up. you changed your argument from its OK to drive the limit in the slow lane, to you only had that altercation with that dude because you had to turn left anyways.

look, you obviously failed. im not even reading half of your posts anymore because you just type too much. if i wanted to, i could go back and quote you every time you said something that supported your original argument of blocking the fast* lane.

now before you go to bed... drink a glass of milk, pray that you wont get owned next time on RS, then go to sleep. tomorrow's another day, young guy.

Last edited by BNR32_Coupe; 06-24-2009 at 07:29 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
slow drivers as in....one idiot going 50-55 in the left lane continually while the flow is 65-70?

Or slow driver as in...70 in both lanes (read, both lanes full), but YOU want to do 80? (not accusing you). Just saying.

If it's the former (I hope it is), then I fully agree that they should GTFO!!!!11111!!11!
You don't understand.. it doesn't matter what speed everyone is going, it doesnt matter what the speed limit is, it doesnt matter how dangerous it is -- slower traffic move right. good night
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #47
Banned (BBM)

Again,
I never said it was ok to drive continually at 50 in the left lane? Where are you getting this from? Care to provide a quote? Unbelievable lol...
1-2 blocks if you're preparing to turn is okay. It IS a city after all.

Last edited by vna888; 06-23-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #48
Banned (BBM)

It's funny how you provide the MVA in your original post. I pointed out the whole issue with "driving less than the normal speed of traffic", yet here you are saying it doesn't matter if someone wants to go above the normal speed of traffic (you just insulted the MVA right there). Everyone should GTFO. So is that idiot now considered the "normal speed of traffic" ?

Why provide the MVA quote in the first place if you now choose to ignore what it says?

Last edited by vna888; 06-23-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #49
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Scenario 1) You're on your way to work. Everyone on both lanes are cruising at 60, not because the people in the left lane are slow drivers, but because of the sheer volume of cars and the light patterns, everyone is stuck at 60. You're the last guy in the pack of the left lane. You see some guy zoom towards you from behind going about 80km in the city. He starts tailing you. (mind you the following distance in the city when its jammed isn't very far anyways) You don't even notice him tailing you. He starts honking and flipping the bird at you. What do you do? Stay on the left because both lanes are going 60 anyways? or switch to the right lane, only for him to come up beside you and start tailing the next guy?

If the flow is at 65 (15 over the speed limit), why should we move over to the right lane for a guy going 80km if the sign clearly says
Quote:
Slower Traffic keep right
while the speed limit is 50 if the flow is at 65? That is in no way under the term of
Quote:
Slower Traffic keep right
I'm not gonna side with anyone as I rarely drive in the left lane ANYWAYS. That is just my opinion.

How about this, let's all play nice and stop thinking that winning this argument is gonna get rid of all the "left lane blockers" (however you wanna define them) on the roads. Thank you, and good night.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #50
Banned (BBM)

Fair enough.
Now one last msg before i stfu tonight:

From your scenario 1)

there are 2 responses I can think of:

1. Just move over, the guy's a fuckin moron trying to overtake everyone who's already going pretty fast (in the fuckin city). Your safety is not worth it, if he's honking at you and fingering you and shit, just move over let him tail the guy in front. He's the one fucking up the flow.

2. YOU'RE the fuckin asshole blocking the left lane (along with the 20+ cars in front). MOVE OVER you fuckin idiot. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT for that one guy! (MVA doesn't support this).

big difference here. I mean calling ME the dangerous driver for going with the flow. (the guy wasnt honking or fingering) but just saying. Not once did they acknowledge how big a douche the other guy is. That's sure pro-aggressive driving right there. In fact, they think everyone should merge to the slow lane just for that one guy AUTOMATICALLY which results in crawling traffic in the slow lane. If that's how traffic works then yikes is all I can say.

good night