REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #76
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
lol this should soon be in fight club, the majority of VNA888's posts are in this thread!

How can it be illegal to pass on the right, so on a 2 lane street if someone is turning left, does that mean the entire traffic has to stop because it would be considered "passing" to go ahead?

Point is, people aren't gonna change their habits if u post this on RS, i'm all for a higher speed limit, Slow = Right, Fast = left, but I don't think arguing about this is effective.

How about when there's slow, fast, and 120 kph in the city? LMFAO
if you look up passing from the right in the MVA you'll see that there are exceptions to the rule, such as in the case of left turners.
Advertisement
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #77
Banned (BBM)

bengy, if what you say is true, then that means SpuGen, BNR32, and others can't read (they are saying gtfo REGARDLESS even though the scenario I presented was a situation when both lanes are full). So either they can't read (somehow misconstrue my words as "when traffic is light, BLOCK the left lane!!", OR, they support the idea of having the whole left lane move over.

oh btw
if anyone's curious here's the MVA on passing on the right:
Quote:
Passing on right

158 (1) The driver of a vehicle must not cause or permit the vehicle to overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle, except

(a) when the vehicle overtaken is making a left turn or its driver has signalled his or her intention to make a left turn,

(b) when on a laned roadway there is one or more than one unobstructed lane on the side of the roadway on which the driver is permitted to drive, or

(c) on a one way street or a highway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the roadway is free from obstructions and is of sufficient width for 2 or more lanes of moving vehicles.

(2) Despite subsection (1), a driver of a vehicle must not cause the vehicle to overtake and pass another vehicle on the right

(a) when the movement cannot be made safely, or

(b) by driving the vehicle off the roadway.
hence, even if someone isn't making a left turn, you can pass on the right, provided you're not using the parking lane or shoulder (on a highway)
Sorry, had to mention it, I hate to have someone mistakenly think it's illegal to pass on the right.
vna888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #78
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vna888 View Post

PS. maybe that idiot speeder (trying to go 80 when flow is 65, both lanes full) should join the VPD, then he'll have a car with lights and a siren so everyone in the left lane will move out of his way everytime, and BNR32, SpuGen, wouwou, woob, and others can take turns sucking him off in the police car

^^sorry if I crossed the line? Iono mods edit it if you think so. I'm too used to fight club
omg you took this too far. im having an emotional breakdown. im down, man down man down, im emotionally hit! quick, somebody get some help, get a mod in here or some neutrally opinionated nay-sayers, quick.. its an emergency.

seriously vna just STFU and MOVE your ass over to the right... MOVE! you see me flashing my highbeams at you? i got some important shit to go to.. so MOVE.. scram... move your slow ass over.. get the hint yet? im honking my horn, that means MOVE OVA.. MOVEIT MOOOB ITTT, LALALA MOVE YO ASS SON, somebody get this guy a moving company coz he gotta MOVE his slow ass over to the RIGHT lane.. what did the cow say? cow goes MOOOOOOOOOve. what language do they speak in slowville? coz this message aint going through to you: move to the right. notice the guy in the mirror flipping you off? he wants you to move the hell over because he has to take a shit. im soo close to your ass you swear your in jail, so unless u wanna get fucked, move the hell over boy. SEE the line of cars behind you? thats my crew, we're called the left laners, and you're in our territory. havent you taken driving lessons? if you did, you probably would recognize my face on chapter 1: move out of my way.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #79
Banned (BBM)

oh no! bnr32 and your crew, see all the cars IN FRONT of you in the left lane (that includes me)?? We're all going as fast as we can given traffic volume. We're all going 70 already. HOpe you don't expect all of us to move over

Sorry bro you'll have to take a different route.

Come by next time when the left lane isn't full (so your selfish ass wouldn't be expecting 50 cars in front of you to move over), and I will gladly move over for you

This time I'm really done with this thread. mods can ban me if I make one more post. No point repeating myself if some people can't read and accuse me of being a left lane blocker when traffic doesn't permit the left lane to be empty lol.

btw
I could care less about this acct, that's why I made this acct, it's a random POS account becuase I don't post here regularly (if I was a regular and had 1000+ posts, I'd think about my reputation a lil), but since I could care less, I don't hold back with the insults. Maybe I shoulda represent more with 604 in the username. But w/e as a Chinese, we love the number 8.

and for the record, I support the rule of using the left lane to pass (and then going back to the right lane). I support this in the city, and I support this 1000000% on the freeway. I hate left lane blockers on the freeway as much as you do. Only time I don't support it is when traffic volume results in cars being in both lanes(especially in the city with traffic lights, and other stuff slowing down traffic). Then there's nothing you can do. There's nothing you SHOULD do either other than go with the flow.

cheers have fun
goodbye RS
have fun sucking off the idiot who wants to go 80 when everyone is doing 65 mr. BNR32, SpuGen, wouwou, bengy, and some others. Too lazy to check.

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.
vna888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #80
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vna888 View Post
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Boo hoo.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #81
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Left turn hogs are all over the sea to sky now that its nearly 2 lanes everywhere... this will be a huge problem when its finished
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #82
Banned By Establishment

I got a special song dedicated to VNA888 and all the other mother fuckers slowing society down with their ignorance:

[youtube]wJGST0XNAIg[/youtube]
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #83
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Guys, stop letting the guy with the shitty license plate username troll you
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #84
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
Scenario 1) You're on your way to work. Everyone on both lanes are cruising at 60, not because the people in the left lane are slow drivers, but because of the sheer volume of cars and the light patterns, everyone is stuck at 60. You're the last guy in the pack of the left lane. You see some guy zoom towards you from behind going about 80km in the city. He starts tailing you. (mind you the following distance in the city when its jammed isn't very far anyways) You don't even notice him tailing you. He starts honking and flipping the bird at you. What do you do? Stay on the left because both lanes are going 60 anyways? or switch to the right lane, only for him to come up beside you and start tailing the next guy?

If the flow is at 65 (15 over the speed limit), why should we move over to the right lane for a guy going 80km if the sign clearly says while the speed limit is 50 if the flow is at 65? That is in no way under the term of

I'm not gonna side with anyone as I rarely drive in the left lane ANYWAYS. That is just my opinion.

How about this, let's all play nice and stop thinking that winning this argument is gonna get rid of all the "left lane blockers" (however you wanna define them) on the roads. Thank you, and good night.
The sign is wrong! It should be 'Keep right unelss passing!'
kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote