REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #76
racing & tech mod.

everybody thinks they drive better than everyone else.

you know what's really scary? half of the population is a 'below average' driver.

I agree that this legistlation is a waste of time and money. Speeders will simply disable it right away. I'd rather they spend the money on mandatory skill testing autocross for all drivers. IF you cant make it through my course in XXX seconds, you lose your licence. Now THAT would be fun.
Advertisement
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
People who are going to remove the limiter are going to do it regardless of what speed it's set at... and people who don't need to remove the limiter don't need to travel faster than the speed limit on public roads.
so whats the point of having it?

how would people race their cars at the track?
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #78
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
everybody thinks they drive better than everyone else.

you know what's really scary? half of the population is a 'below average' driver.

I agree that this legistlation is a waste of time and money. Speeders will simply disable it right away. I'd rather they spend the money on mandatory skill testing autocross for all drivers. IF you cant make it through my course in XXX seconds, you lose your licence. Now THAT would be fun.
I don't understand why drivers making a left turn, will inch their cars over to the right before making the turn. Same thing with right turns. They keep their cars as far left before making the turns.

I was on Westminister hwy the other night, and this Nissan Versa was going 80 km/h which I though was an acceptable speed to be behind, especially since the speed limit was 60. But everytime we came up to a side street, he would brake almost to a full stop and then continue back up to 80 km/h.

He did this at 3 streets before I was annoyed and passed him.

Even if they can drive, people make some of the weirdest descisions/choices when behind the wheel of a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #79
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I don't understand why drivers making a left turn, will inch their cars over to the right before making the turn. Same thing with right turns. They keep their cars as far left before making the turns.

I was on Westminister hwy the other night, and this Nissan Versa was going 80 km/h which I though was an acceptable speed to be behind, especially since the speed limit was 60. But everytime we came up to a side street, he would brake almost to a full stop and then continue back up to 80 km/h.

He did this at 3 streets before I was annoyed and passed him.

Even if they can drive, people make some of the weirdest descisions/choices when behind the wheel of a car.
People who do that grew up with Initial D arcade stage and the world of "eraser" turns. =P

But think about it, it does make some sense. I am not saying you should go as far left as possible and sideswiping the adjacent car though.

If you are hugging the curb and turning right, you have to turn the steering wheel so much more and make a much sharper turn. Hoping your rear wheels will not hop the street corner and damage those nice rims you got. X.x

Also, I am totally against this bill to have a speed limiter. Instead, ICBC should do as Chopstick has said, have a much more intense and thorough driver licensing program that is MANDATORY.

and fuck the shortcut if you have a license from China, you can get Class 5 immediately. We all know those people bought their Chinese licenses.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #80
Banned (ABWS)

Welcome to the Nurburgring, now you can drive your car at topspeed around the entire track!
jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #81
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
fuckin hell i hate those dumb asses who do that
you! is offline   Reply With Quote