REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Would you ever date a friends ex?

As the title states. Yes I know blah blah "theres so many girls around why go after a friends ex" whatever I know about all that but this isn't the point of the thread. My question is, if you are single, and you and a few friends are talking about girls to hook you up with and he says to hook up with his ex, even tho you stated to him that she's his ex and he tells you it's over n done with it's fine, what would you do?

No I'm not in this situation right now, but that did happened to me and I'm just wondering what everyones opinion on it is.

Please don't come in here telling me that it's dumb cuz theres other girls. If you don't have anything useful to add then don't bother posting in here.

Any of you guys ever been in this situation and actually gone through with it? What was it like?

97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Depends on how good of a friend that friend is. The closer the friend, the more unlikely that ex would be dated.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
Depends on how good of a friend that friend is. The closer the friend, the more unlikely that ex would be dated.
That pretty much sums it up.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Pussy is pussy.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #5
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nhan View Post
As the title states. Yes I know blah blah "theres so many girls around why go after a friends ex" whatever I know about all that but this isn't the point of the thread. My question is, if you are single, and you and a few friends are talking about girls to hook you up with and he says to hook up with his ex, even tho you stated to him that she's his ex and he tells you it's over n done with it's fine, what would you do?

No I'm not in this situation right now, but that did happened to me and I'm just wondering what everyones opinion on it is.

Please don't come in here telling me that it's dumb cuz theres other girls. If you don't have anything useful to add then don't bother posting in here.

Any of you guys ever been in this situation and actually gone through with it? What was it like?
If he's ok with it, why not?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

everyones different, some will be ok with it, some wont, depends on how strong of a friendship you have with your buddy but i dont see anything wrong with it
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Depends on how "chill" your friend is, and if not, how much you want the exgf vs. how much you want to keep your friend around.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
Mod.

Would you guys ever do it? For some reason when the topic was brought up I felt a slight releif but then again I felt awkward just becuase he said to go do it.

He's a pretty easy going guy and he said just go for it regardless of her being his ex or not. I found that pretty interested. I don't think I'd ever be able to let a friend date my ex
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
im sure iff your good friend knows your a good guy i think it will be ok i dono try it out and tell us
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
yea if you did date the ex it would get really awkward, you wouldn't probably wouldn't ever talk about the stuff you guys do together. and there would be those awkward pauses if you all hung out.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

no, it's kinda weird. it would probably bother me because it would be in the back of mind that im dating someone that dated my friend and im probably constantly being compared to my friend. that would suck!
ur-lil-sw33tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nhan View Post
Would you guys ever do it? For some reason when the topic was brought up I felt a slight releif but then again I felt awkward just becuase he said to go do it.

He's a pretty easy going guy and he said just go for it regardless of her being his ex or not. I found that pretty interested. I don't think I'd ever be able to let a friend date my ex
It depends on the ex & prev. relationship. Not all exes will be the same.

In my case, there are some exes which I don't really care about, and there are some exes out there, that if given the chance, i'd like to bang again. Needless to say, the latter would give me a little discomfort (but that's really my prob and not theirs).
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

for some reason exs of friends are almost always off limits... depends how comfortable you are... i'd never want any friend of mine dating my ex so I would not do the same to them
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i don't understand why ex's of friends always have to be off limits, this is what happened to me. i dated this girl a while back then i ended up dating her best friend after we broke up. the whole situation got fucked up after so it's maybe a bad idea haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
I agree with this and Physixx for backing it up, but still for me I dunno if I would be able to deal with it, like imagine that buddy comin up to you and saying shit like "she likes it when she's on top" or starts giving u annoying advice on how to take care of her, that'd be f*cked up

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I'd make sure my buddy really doesn't mind, cause sometimes they say they don't, but they really do. Don't want them starting shit even when they said go for it.
IronCork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #17

On the flipside, would you let your friend date your ex? I don't know why, but somehow I feel that most would go, "GOOD GOOD TAKE HER NOW GO."

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Look at it from another angle. Do you ever wonder about the other guy/girl/it that your gf has dated? What if you met this guy afterwards and he turns out to be a cool guy/girl/it. Would you allow him to be your friend?
When you kiss her or do her, do you ever think about all the guys/girls/it's that she has kissed or had sex with?

There are plenty of fish in the ocean, but if you really are interested in her and she is interested in you, why not?

If his sister-in-law is good enough for Martin Brouder, then it must be good enough for everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
Mod.

that's all true and yeah you guys are right, but given if i were in the opposite scenario where it's my ex for some reason i just can't do it. mayb it's cuz i still hold a grudge against her i don't know lol.

but my friend was pretty forward with telling me to go after her. my friend and his ex were pretty on and off and i brought that up and he said it's off for sure, this is because he's in a new realtionship of course, but it's just weird. i dno't think he'd be the type of guy to bring up advice shit or say stuff like "she likes it when you're on top" sort of thing infront of me. i think that's pretty immature haha.

sumaznguy: that's true. i don't ever really think about who my gf has kissed or didn't and what not.

i guess we'll see what happens
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
Banned (BBM)

lets put this way

do u want a pussy that has been shoved beforehand by ur buddy's dick

now if thats cool, lets play ball bitches
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
lets put this way do u want a pussy that has been shoved beforehand by ur buddy's dick
And what is the difference if it was her ass that had 5000 other guy's dick in? Would you still love her the same?

What if she was willing to do ATM and swallow some random black dudes jizz but then doesn't want you to jizz in her mouth or face?

In all seriousness, what are you guys, 12?
Most likely, if he isn't over her, then he would have issues about a friend going out with an ex.
If he has moved on and is in a new relationship and doesn't want you to go out with his ex, something is wrong there.

What if there is a girl who you have the hots for and flap to her picture at night but then she ends up going out with your buddy that you introduced to at some random time. Would you or do you have the right to be upset with your buddy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #22
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
dip her into a bucket of Mr Clean for a week before fucking her good
asian_XL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #23
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I wouldnt care if my friend dates my exes, they're my exes for a reason, the shit didnt work out but it doesnt mean it can't work out with the new couple. And anyone saying shit about ur buddy banging the chick before you, think about all the other guys that banged her before you and your buddy. Everyone is always "used" these days unless you got a virgin. People like to fuck, nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #24
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
dip her into a bucket of Mr Clean for a week before fucking her good
i like that

bleach would probably do a better job
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I wouldnt care if my friend dates my exes, they're my exes for a reason, the shit didnt work out but it doesnt mean it can't work out with the new couple. And anyone saying shit about ur buddy banging the chick before you, think about all the other guys that banged her before you and your buddy. Everyone is always "used" these days unless you got a virgin. People like to fuck, nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.
that is true
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I wouldnt care if my friend dates my exes, they're my exes for a reason, the shit didnt work out but it doesnt mean it can't work out with the new couple.
+1

RS Feedback (46-0-0)