REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #26
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Like they said above, make sure you get max value for your car by looking at similar condition cars for sale in the area.
Also, before you let them jack up your rates, take the time to calculate what your new rate will be, based on the car you hope to get the future.
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2009, 04:22 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Wonder which junkyard your R is going to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #28
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special.k View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I got a call from ICBC yesterday, its a write off, apparently even though the wheels were not struck, the frame was pushed over in the front so much that there was a couple of inch difference on the front/back tire alignment on the other side of the vehicle.

Im going to get a beater for the time being (eg6/eg9) and just run that till i can afford an s2k

s2000s are nice
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #29
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:

This happened 3 weeks ago, few days before my Birthday..sad.

It was a write off, damage to the front, rebar and rad bent. frame bend ofcourse, 3 of my suspensions are destroyed after the tires poped and hit the curb.

and ofcourse GG ownage on the wheels, THANKFULLY i put my winters on and didn't own my set of rims.

the proccess was fast i got paid out in 4 days from icbc
I was at fault and now my insurance is +30 percent..sigh

SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #30
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
looks like a write off to me
Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #31
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
there goes another R..

definite write off. my chrysler got hit in the same place and it was a write off.

even if ICBC did fix it.... car wont be the same anymore

time to shop for another one!

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
Sadly, like others have said, this will most likely be a write off.

You do have a few other options though. For starters, if/when they do write your car off, BUY IT BACK from ICBC. Sure you'll have a wrecked car to deal with, but at least you'll be able to take just about everything from this car as far as parts go (minus the obvious body damaged parts).

Since your insurance rates are going to go through the roof (I feel for you, I was in a similar situation) I would hunt around on Craigslist or something for a base model Teg, that has high kms, but the body is straight and in good condition. Hell, there are even Tegs advertised on this site with the JDM front end swap already done. Then I would swap in your R motor, long with the seats, wheels etc, etc. That way you're paying insurance for a base model Teg, but have all the goodies from your Type R. Obviously not ideal, but it's something to concider.
Remember the R is not just replaced parts, the chassis is also stiffer than a base integra. Also with higher mileage cars the mounts/bushings and bolts in general are going to be looser, thats what seperates a new feeling car from a old feeling car
Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
Remember the R is not just replaced parts, the chassis is also stiffer than a base integra. Also with higher mileage cars the mounts/bushings and bolts in general are going to be looser, thats what seperates a new feeling car from a old feeling car
I know, and although there isn't a whole lot you can do about the chassis, replacing the mounts/bushings isn't a big deal.

But at least it's an option. Because there is no way in hell I'd want to insure a Type R with an ICBC surcharge.

Even if he doesn't use all the parts himself for a new project, he could EASILY part out the car and recoupe the cost of buying back the car from ICBC, and then some.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #34
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I rear ended someone a while back in my 92 Camaro (think IROC bodystyle). Fortunately it wasn't my fault. Long story short, he had a stop sign and turn in front of me.

Anyways, while at the bodyshop I priced out a fibreglass cowl induction hood. It was $1 cheaper than the replacement hood. The bodyshop said that it wouldn't be a problem to put in the fiberglass cowl hood. Mind you, I KINDA knew the people at the bodyshop through friends, but then again, ICBC got to save $1 (woo hoo!) so on paper, I would be doing them a favor.
zephyrantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #35

Quote:
I know, and although there isn't a whole lot you can do about the chassis, replacing the mounts/bushings isn't a big deal.

But at least it's an option. Because there is no way in hell I'd want to insure a Type R with an ICBC surcharge.

Even if he doesn't use all the parts himself for a new project, he could EASILY part out the car and recoupe the cost of buying back the car from ICBC, and then some.
....the chassis is pretty much what made the R a special car, or as a matter of fact any car. I pretty much laugh at anyone who gets a GS or GSR and swap B18C5s in there and call it a type R, cause it ain't. If you guys read Honda's change list on the Type R, its actually quite amazing. For example, some of the bushings for the Type R were 5.3X stiffer than the non Type R cars. All the weaknesses in the hatch design were reinforced. 5 bolt hubs instead of 4bolt to provide better wheel stability and torque transfer. So i don't know, if i'm the OP, i would either get a shop to assess how much the damage is to repair using LASER alignment on the frame. Or i would try to find another type R, but if his car is as clean as he says, then its gonna be pretty hard.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #36
Rs has made me the man i am today!

looks done~
Old 11-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
....the chassis is pretty much what made the R a special car, or as a matter of fact any car. I pretty much laugh at anyone who gets a GS or GSR and swap B18C5s in there and call it a type R, cause it ain't. If you guys read Honda's change list on the Type R, its actually quite amazing. For example, some of the bushings for the Type R were 5.3X stiffer than the non Type R cars. All the weaknesses in the hatch design were reinforced. 5 bolt hubs instead of 4bolt to provide better wheel stability and torque transfer..
x2!!

BoS_DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #38

Quote:
....the chassis is pretty much what made the R a special car, or as a matter of fact any car. I pretty much laugh at anyone who gets a GS or GSR and swap B18C5s in there and call it a type R, cause it ain't. If you guys read Honda's change list on the Type R, its actually quite amazing. For example, some of the bushings for the Type R were 5.3X stiffer than the non Type R cars. All the weaknesses in the hatch design were reinforced. 5 bolt hubs instead of 4bolt to provide better wheel stability and torque transfer. So i don't know, if i'm the OP, i would either get a shop to assess how much the damage is to repair using LASER alignment on the frame. Or i would try to find another type R, but if his car is as clean as he says, then its gonna be pretty hard.
Lol, jesus christ... I'm not suggesting to try and re-create his Type R using a regular chassis Teg! Good god no. I'm merely suggesting options. The same reasons we all know why the Type R is better than a regular Teg, is reflected in insurance rates between the two cars. It's a huge difference. But if he swapped some of the parts over to a different car, he could enjoy some of the benefits from the wrecked Type R, while enjoying a 'cheaper' insurance rate.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I'm buying this when it comes through salvage for sure, you notice if there was any damage to the tranny? Mounts? engine? suspension?
AdamsIROC-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #40
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
hmm.. if that b18c5 is still good....

shoe horn it into a CRX!

or find one of those first gen civics and shoehorn it in there. seen it. theyre nuts. great winter project.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #41

Quote:
Lol, jesus christ... I'm not suggesting to try and re-create his Type R using a regular chassis Teg! Good god no. I'm merely suggesting options. The same reasons we all know why the Type R is better than a regular Teg, is reflected in insurance rates between the two cars. It's a huge difference. But if he swapped some of the parts over to a different car, he could enjoy some of the benefits from the wrecked Type R, while enjoying a 'cheaper' insurance rate.
Never said you were telling him to recreate a Type R using a regular chassis, i'm just saying this to EVERYONE who seems to think that swapping a B18C5 makes their car a Type R. I don't know i just find that swapping his engine over to a GSR or a GS, is like turboing a 5L mustang, sure its faster, but still handles like shit.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #42
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
The same reasons we all know why the Type R is better than a regular Teg, is reflected in insurance rates between the two cars. It's a huge difference. But if he swapped some of the parts over to a different car, he could enjoy some of the benefits from the wrecked Type R, while enjoying a 'cheaper' insurance rate.
i think the difference between my previous integra (97 rs & 01 gs) compared to my current itr was not much, probably $10.00-$20.00 more per month? then again, I pay quite a bit because of my low discount rate.
BoS_DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoS_DC2 View Post
i think the difference between my previous integra (97 rs & 01 gs) compared to my current itr was not much, probably $10.00-$20.00 more per month? then again, I pay quite a bit because of my low discount rate.
No kidding? Hmm, I heard the difference was much more than that. Good to know
Old 11-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #44

there was around a 600 difference a year between my 94 gsr and my 01 itr
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #45
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
there was around a 600 difference a year between my 94 gsr and my 01 itr
well that's a 7 years difference too!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #46
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

no! too bad
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #47
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

sry bro.. looks like a write off.. front end looks warped new front end is $$ on this car... i looked up the type-r on the icbc Gold book.. its only worth $8k to them, i think u can fight it though cuz out side they can easily sell for $11+k
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote