REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   I LOVE McDONALD'S!!! (and you do too!) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597343-i-love-mcdonalds-you-do-too.html)

TOPEC 09-11-2010 01:29 AM

bumping this thread, kind of offtopic but dont want to start another thread.

so why does mcdonalds fries/mcnuggets + ice tea = bitter taste?

what the hells in their oil? its only when u eat the fries or mcnuggets and drink ice tea that leaves a bitter taste, so it must be the oil or something.

so any ideas?

bbbj 09-11-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 7100232)

what the hells in their oil? its only when u eat the fries or mcnuggets and drink ice tea that leaves a bitter taste, so it must be the oil or something.

so any ideas?

It must be your tongue, its broken. McD fries + McNuggets + McIceTea = awesome taste.

mako 09-11-2010 01:17 PM

the new coupons are so win

buy 6 nuggets, get 6 nuggets free

TOPEC 09-11-2010 01:18 PM

Umm no lol its not just me, talked to a few friends abt it and they too taste the bitter ness
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2010 08:23 PM

Some things just don't taste good together. Try drinking orange juice then brush your teeth right after. That doesn't mean there is "something in the oil" in the toothpaste, it just means the tastes don't jive.

Next time you have nuggets, don't order the iced tea.

KO7 09-14-2010 02:34 PM

Anyone stopped by the newly renovated McD's on kingsway at Victoria in Vancouver? It looks different from any other local McD's and I thought I saw a "McCafe" sign on the front.

bbbj 09-14-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO7 (Post 7104582)
Anyone stopped by the newly renovated McD's on kingsway at Victoria in Vancouver? It looks different from any other local McD's and I thought I saw a "McCafe" sign on the front.

Seriously McCafe????? !!!!!

Razor Ramon HG 09-14-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7067055)
I'm pretty sure McChicken sauce has a shit load of calories, why don't u guys just ask for a side Mayo instead of asking for McChicken sauce. I find that it works better and tastes better... should cost nothing but places charge like 10 cents

McChicken sauce is mayo on steroids. So GOOD.

flawless 09-14-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Drove by there yesterday. Yeah it looks nicer after a reno. And you're right, there's a sign that says McCafe on it.

hirevtuner 09-15-2010 08:39 AM

anyone tried the mango mcmini? what do u think?

SkinnyPupp 09-15-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

There are McCafes all over Hong Kong. They are awesome - same quality as Starbucks (IE nothing spectacular, but good enough espresso), but way cheaper.

choda 09-15-2010 09:34 AM

There's been a McCafe in Langley for years now!

InvisibleSoul 09-15-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

I dropped in just to take a look around on the weekend...

Yeah, they have the full McCafe menu now... same as what they have down at the Main Street and Terminal location.

It's a much more modern decor now, with several large TVs and several big tables with stools around them instead of lots of small tables with chairs...

They also have a faux fireplace with some comfy padded modern type of chairs around it...

Kind of surprised they spent all the money renovating it considering it was newly built not that long ago...

Girl 09-15-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 7100232)

so any ideas?

They use use vegetable fat for their fries and beef fat (which is $0.25 more per scoop) for their mcnuggets. They reuse their oils for x amount of time, I don't recall what it was, it's been ages since I've worked in McDicks :P

gilly 09-15-2010 02:44 PM

my dinner last night. i used three coupons with my friends. came to 9 bucks total. big mac meal, quarter pound and fillet o fish. passed out when i got home.

http://yfrog.com/ca71nuj

FishTaco 09-15-2010 07:13 PM

im about to go pickup some right now and bring it back home and watch the expendables, im kinda excited. im thinkin

2 x dbl cheeseburgers
6 x nuggets
1 x fries
1 x sprite

its sooooo good when i eat it but after, i feel like a used hooker and need a shower

TOPEC 09-15-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevtuner (Post 7105669)
anyone tried the mango mcmini? what do u think?

if u've ever eaten at those malaysian restaurants and tried their skewers, the dipping sauce that comes with the skewers tastes exactly like the sauce on the mango mcmini. it's like peanut sauce + satay sauce. oh and the mango tastes isnt very strong, the first few bites i took, i was questioning weather or not they gave me the right one.

Not really racist! 09-15-2010 08:42 PM

mango mcmini sucks balls..

tastes like curry LOL

jeedee 10-03-2010 11:46 PM

I could really use 2 breakfast burritos and 2 hashbrowns right now.....

Mmmmmm
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 10-04-2010 12:22 AM

Question for Not Really Racist:

Is the Quarter Pounder Deluxe still available or did they discontinue it? I understand it was a limited time offer but please correct me if I am wrong. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Culture_Vulture 10-04-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7130768)
I could really use 2 breakfast burritos and 2 hashbrowns right now.....

Mmmmmm
Posted via RS Mobile

Those breakfast burritos are pretty gross imo.
I hate working morning shifts because the only convenient thing to pick up where I work would be a greasy assed McDonald's breakfast.

The hashbrowns are always good though

TOS'd 10-04-2010 12:51 AM

^ mmm i love mcd hashbrowns, especially when its a fresh batch.

scottsman 10-04-2010 01:00 AM

The dollar menu in the states is the best. One night a group of friends and I ordered 120$+ of cheese burgers, fries, etc. Screwed over the restaurant for a good hour. Line ups onto the street for drive through and caused major line ups in the restaurant.

will upload pics later.

InvisibleSoul 10-04-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7130803)
Question for Not Really Racist:

Is the Quarter Pounder Deluxe still available or did they discontinue it? I understand it was a limited time offer but please correct me if I am wrong. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Even if it's not a menu item anymore, it shouldn't be difficult to order... isn't it just a Quarter Pounder with lettuce and tomatoes? Just add those as extra toppings to your Quarter Pounder...

MrGoodbar 10-04-2010 03:21 PM

mcchicken sawce and ketchup on ma fraiz!!!! I EAT IT WITH AUTHORITY AND LIKE A BAWSS

Seriously though, I find McDonalds utterly disgusting but so tasty. I'll never forget the Play Place at the Micky's on Main and Terminal. That place was fuckin' epic after shopping with my parents in china town. God I hated china town as a kid.