REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #51
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
clearly you guys don't know about March 14th - Steak and Blowjob Day

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #52
I'm like the Fred Astaire of Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
clearly you guys don't know about March 14th - Steak and Blowjob Day

OMG my life has been changed forever!... well at least my March 14th has been.

I might be a bigger fan of may 12th though, which is national anal sex and waffles day, even though i may have just made that up... may 12th!! its going to be fun
josh t-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh t-1 View Post

OMG my life has been changed forever!... well at least my March 14th has been.

I might be a bigger fan of may 12th though, which is national anal sex and waffles day, even though i may have just made that up... may 12th!! its going to be fun
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
lol my friends gf wants nothing less than a 20k ring
Good luck with that! She can either wait till some rich guy which might take forever or lower her standards and find a guy that really cares about her. Personality I blame the media, movies..... for this. Girls see all these romtaic weddings, the perfect guy etc etc.... and thinks they are real.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #55
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
lol my friends gf wants nothing less than a 20k ring
Not surprising. The most common "game" guys play is by promising girls the world just to get what they "really" want; or put pussy on retainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard View Post
$400 for an engagement ring? Holy shit lol even though I'm not balling outta control, I would like my future-wife to be able to show off her engagement ring but that's just me though. I would never spend a couple hundred on one for her, most likely over 4k+. My friend said "the engagement ring depends on how much you're making, it's usually 10% of your total income" I wouldn't want to spend over 9k on a wedding ring
Times are changing now dude. It's a civil ceremony and it makes sense. People nowadays have better things to do & better things to spend money on (considering the always increasing costs of standard of living).

Sooner or later, gone will be the days of old tradition of big festive weddings; at least in our western culture anyhow. The following are just my "theory" as to the growing trend:

*** Less and less parents are paying for weddings and more and more couples pay for it themselves.
*** A lot of women's idealisms have humbled to realistic expectations due ot the growing trend of working, career minded women who understand that expenses aren't just pointing at things you like.

or maybe its just my social circle that's giving me this impression.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #56
VLS Pet Forum Mod

i don't want a huge wedding and being the wedding is being pushed back until after the baby is born money isn't going to be as plentiful. I do want a wedding with family and good friends. Nothing too big. Food will probably be where most of the money is spent. Will probably just have a hall rented and bring in a caterer. For me it's more about enjoying the day but not blowing all the cash. Luckily my fiancee wants a similiar thing, except he doesn't think the food is that important. We'll probably try to stay under $2,500.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #57
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
weddings are a huge waste of money.

i want to keep it cheap. it is not about how much you spend...it is about who you are marrying.

it is a day you want to be nice and full of love...not what the flowers look like, the food you serve, or the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. it is about who you are standing with, the words you are saying, and the look in their eye. it is about the people who mean the most to you in life being there to witness, not the postman's cousin's son who you met when you were in the line-up at the bank 4 years ago. Why feed people you barely know for show? weddings with 300, 400, 500 people? not necessary.

and guys...if you S.O. isn't cool with a 400 dollar ring....you are marrying the wrong person. i'd rather have a well thought out, meaningful ring for 50 bucks, than a 5000k+ ring that you picked out a case that looks the same as every other girl.

IMO.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #58
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I always wonder about these big weddings. How many ppl do u actually know? It's safe to say that I have less than 10 "real" frds and whatever way i look at it there's no way I can come up with over 100 ppl to attend my wedding.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:19 AM   #59
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I'd want a smaller wedding (approx 100 people or less)... budget would probably be around $25,000.
We've talked about the cost of my engagement ring... should be around $20,000... b/c of the quality that i want.
so total... $45,000 is actually very reasonable i think. We have a good dual income for 20-something yr olds. Plus we already own a home together.
KChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #60
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

um if i can buy a decent running used car with my wedding budget.. thats too much.
i'll admit when i go into a jewelry store and look around, i'm attracted the the rings that are like $1500-$2000 mostly. it would be nice if my man had the money, but if he didn't, i def don't need it. alot of the "promise" rings that are like $200-$300 could easily pass for engagement rings, imo.
i'm down for spending $1000 or less on my wedding.... we can use the rest to buy a house or go on a trip or something. sure i'd like the white dress and reception.. but even when i picture a big wedding with those, my style is very classic and simple. the type of dress i'd like is even just a prom dress design but in white... i've seen it at dress stores and the max price was like $250...i'd even bake my own cupcakes/cookies for wedding favors :P

anyway, as long as we are both in love, healthy, able to support ourselves and are serious about the commitment we would be making, i'll be more than happy
DGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #61
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGiRL View Post
um if i can buy a decent running used car with my wedding budget.. thats too much.
i'll admit when i go into a jewelry store and look around, i'm attracted the the rings that are like $1500-$2000 mostly. it would be nice if my man had the money, but if he didn't, i def don't need it. alot of the "promise" rings that are like $200-$300 could easily pass for engagement rings, imo.
i'm down for spending $1000 or less on my wedding.... we can use the rest to buy a house or go on a trip or something. sure i'd like the white dress and reception.. but even when i picture a big wedding with those, my style is very classic and simple. the type of dress i'd like is even just a prom dress design but in white... i've seen it at dress stores and the max price was like $250...i'd even bake my own cupcakes/cookies for wedding favors :P

anyway, as long as we are both in love, healthy, able to support ourselves and are serious about the commitment we would be making, i'll be more than happy
you're awesome
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #62
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
Weddings are such a waste of money. We put our money into buying a house before getting married. And when we did get married we did the bare minimum.

Engagement ring ~$400
Wedding licence ~$100
Wedding commisioner ~$100

Total cost to get married... Around $600.

The marriage commisioner just came to our house and we signed the documents with 2 witnesses present. The documents get sent off to Victoria and everything's done.

The in-laws were away on vacation when we got married. They weren't too happy when they got back and we told them.
You and your wife sound like a good happy couple. She doesn't care about superficial things, and you won't blow $50K+ just to "get face". The world needs more people like you guys!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #63
SiRVs up, dude

^ where can i find a girl like that?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #64

Depends on how they were raised, and how compatible they are with you. Chances are, if you are an elitist selfish superficial prick, that's the kind of girl you'll attract.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #65
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
nice me and my girl can be elitist selfish superficial pricks together!

we will go around together flaunting our money in our very expensive cars, that come from our very awesome house, and we will have many great parties there, and our guests will give us lots of face, and shower us with gifts of sucking up.

I love being asian.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #66
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
no matter how much you spent for the wedding..it will pays itself off if you find the right woman..
She will cook you sandwich without complaining, give birth to your child and take care your elderly parents
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
nice me and my girl can be elitist selfish superficial pricks together!

we will go around together flaunting our money in our very expensive cars, that come from our very awesome house, and we will have many great parties there, and our guests will give us lots of face, and shower us with gifts of sucking up.

I love being asian.
If that's what's important to you, then all the power to ya

Be sure to fight and scheme to get as much money as you can from your and her parents when they eventually die!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #68
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I did the big wedding thing more for the chance to party with 200 of my relatives and friends then anything else...

How many other opportunites do you have to get that many people you know together at once?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote