REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #6701
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Where do you guys normally ride? I'm newish to riding so I don't know many routes.

Looking for something out of East Van that will be like 20-40 km, but not just through neighbourhoods. Something more scenic? Hills or flats okay. Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2016, 12:29 AM   #6702
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Since you are East Van, riding to UBC is the best way to go but that's just me.

Richmond center; airport, arthur lang, UBC, spanish banks, Kits, Burrard bridge, Stanley park, lions gate, then up to Cap bridge. That's 45 km, and then i ride back which is another 45; if i want to hit 100 mark, I'll ride to Iona beach.

The goal is to know where the bathroom & where you can refill your water half way.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 12:30 AM   #6703
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Where do you guys normally ride? I'm newish to riding so I don't know many routes.

Looking for something out of East Van that will be like 20-40 km, but not just through neighbourhoods. Something more scenic? Hills or flats okay. Thanks.
False Creek > Jericho > Spanish Banks > UBC
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #6704
I subscribe to Revscene

Stanley Park is a solid ride for noobs/pros alike. almost all flat, nice hill to climb, sweet descent as a reward. and it's a loop, so you can do it all again!
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #6705
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Tuesday nights at Stanley park. Ride with people with the same abilities as you. It's friendly group. Turn out is usually 60+ and separated into groups

Register here

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2016-bic...on-25073143447
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #6706
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:

Not sure where in East Van you are, but my usual goto easy route (I'm near Nanimo Skytrain) is:
*Ride down to Trout Lake - Exit on Lakewood and cross over to Broadway to join onto Central Valley Greenway to Clark Dr
*Ride down Great Northern Way all the way to Ontario/2nd turn right on Ontario and cut over to False Creek/Science World
*Follow Seaside bike path along the north side of False Creek and loop around Stanley Park
*Come back in reverse order.
*Stop at Earnest on my way back because I'm a fatty that likes to eat.

Pretty easy and mostly flat ride. Only hill climb is on Great Northern Way right by the VCC Clark station and not a whole lot of riding on the road which is good if you're riding with kids or if you're just apprehensive about riding on the road in general. That's a 35KM ride according to MapMyRide.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #6707
I bringith the lowerballerith

not sure if this has been posted, but for those with thule racks or know anyone that does, theres a new recall for some models.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/suppo...rint-recall-na

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #6708
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Got a set of new wheels recently. So far only 100km later, the rear hub is slowly getting louder. Replaced all new cables today with a friend and decided to take a picture of her:

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #6709

Thanks for the suggestions, about too head out for a ride now!
Old 06-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #6710

First big milestone, 50+ km ride. Thanks RS. Also took an ice cream break at 30 km, lol. Thanks to the guy going up Spanish Banks to UBC who asked if everything was good, my chain popped off due to my noob shifting but it was a quick and easy fix.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #6711
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Got a set of new wheels recently. So far only 100km later, the rear hub is slowly getting louder. Replaced all new cables today with a friend and decided to take a picture of her:
The Campy wheels are great value, takes a longer break in but they are very smooth!
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2016, 09:15 PM   #6712
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Ah ha, I finally found the perfect accessory for cruising around the seawall, especially for the people who are wearing earphones and don't hear the bike bell.
Fuze Cyclone Water Blaster Bike Accessory - Walmart.com
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #6713
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
Stanley Park is a solid ride for noobs/pros alike. almost all flat, nice hill to climb, sweet descent as a reward. and it's a loop, so you can do it all again!
Did it saturday. Had an STi keeping pace with me. Guy's gf/wife said "Keep going! We're with you!" as I descend after prospect point.

Speed topped off as I spun as fast as I could on one gear.

I think it's time to take out my proper road bike when the weather clears.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #6714
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Guys who have ordered from probikekit, how do they ship? Canada post hopefully? I don't mind paying the 5% gst plus $10 Canada post handling fee. But not wanting to deal with brokerage fees from other couriers.

Looking at an 11spd 105 group, around $450cdn complete. Not a huge cost savings from ordering the pieces separately so I could foreseeably piece together the group $100 order at a time which should avoid the tax/fees completely.

Been out of road bikes for a couple years while I got back into mountain bikes. Hoping to build up a nicer mid level ride for the nice summer sunny days where I'm too lazy to drive to the trails
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #6715
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Guys who have ordered from probikekit, how do they ship? Canada post hopefully? I don't mind paying the 5% gst plus $10 Canada post handling fee. But not wanting to deal with brokerage fees from other couriers.

Looking at an 11spd 105 group, around $450cdn complete. Not a huge cost savings from ordering the pieces separately so I could foreseeably piece together the group $100 order at a time which should avoid the tax/fees completely.

Been out of road bikes for a couple years while I got back into mountain bikes. Hoping to build up a nicer mid level ride for the nice summer sunny days where I'm too lazy to drive to the trails
My last order with them was shipped Canada Post (not tracked), and yes, my total was $101.xx Cad.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #6716
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

Mine was delivered by a "CORREOS" which I personally have not heard of before. No taxes or duties at the door. Best part was it was delivered bang on the day they promised.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #6717

Forgot to ask, after the 62 km ride, I checked my tire pressure and they lost about 10 psi from the ride. I always check and top it up before I leave the house for a ride. Is this normal for this distance? Or is there a really really slow leak?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #6718
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Forgot to ask, after the 62 km ride, I checked my tire pressure and they lost about 10 psi from the ride. I always check and top it up before I leave the house for a ride. Is this normal for this distance? Or is there a really really slow leak?
Topping up before each ride is always a good practice.

In your situation, it could be possible when you topped up you let a little more out than usual when releasing the valve. I would leave it overnight, any slow leak will show the next morning.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #6719
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Also depends on your tire pressure gauge as well. If you use the one on your floor pump for example, because of the length of the hose air from your tire has to travel and fill the ~50cm length before it reaches the gauge, leading to an overall lose of tire pressure when in fact you didn't actually lose any during the ride, but while checking

Stand alone tire pressure gauges are more accurate for that reason because they use only a very small volume of air to get a reading.

If you're using a floor pump gauge, leave it connected overnight and if there is actually a slow leak it should show up

Last edited by UFO; 06-14-2016 at 05:57 PM.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #6720

Thanks again for the advice. I was indeed using a floor pump with a built-in gauge. Left it for 24 hours and it dropped like 2 psi. So I think when I initially went to check the pressure on it with the floor pump one, it loss a decent amount of air when the nozzle initially connected. Hence why I thought I lost 10 psi over that ride.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #6721

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
i think Cypress doesn't like me. I drove all the way to N. Van to ride and it was hailing.
Went back to Stanley park and it was drizzling. FINALLY went home to Richmond and rode (mofo boring ass ride, compared to Cypress).

Ended up 83km but I was running out of time, I wish I could have had more time to push 100km.

Got speedplay pedals and FUCK, fell down twice. So gay, gotta find a better way to fall over in style with these mofo clip ons. It's all finesse and not about how hard you clip in esp. on pedals.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #6722
I subscribe to Revscene

SU1-P8K7-9T5M-7D55

20% off rapha code if anyone wants to use it. help order me a set of bidons if you do :P
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #6723
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Has anyone ridden SW Marine Dr to UBC recently on weekends? Is it ridable, or is there still a lot of construction ongoing?
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #6724

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
Has anyone ridden SW Marine Dr to UBC recently on weekends? Is it ridable, or is there still a lot of construction ongoing?
I tried last Sunday, NOT ridable. Too much construction, kill your tires.

I tried starting at 57th ... don't do it.

Last edited by whitev70r; 06-17-2016 at 11:58 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #6725
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I tried last Sunday, NOT ridable. Too much construction, kill your tires.
I usually take 49th West bound, right (North) on MacDonald and left (West on 41st. It will take you to the base of Camosun.
This post thanked by: