REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #4376
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

So I took a look at the fake Sky kit. I put it on etc but haven't ridden in it yet

I have a feeling that this is probably something that ill wear on short rides and probably for commuting only.

The top fits okay. Because its made of a polyester jersey material there is no compression. The cut of the top is a bit off and is loose in the upper chest. Neck hole fits fine, arm holes fit fine. No gripper on the bottom so the jersey will ride up as u move.

The bibs... Multi panel, sublimated graphics. The leg grippers are TERRIBLE. The leg holes are a bit too tight and not forgiving (maybe my quads grew?). Did I mention the leg grippers are TERRIBLE? I foresee the grippers ripping through my skin on a long ride.

If ur gonna buy this you better lube up your legs, thighs and all the seam areas unless you have elephant skin.

It was $30 bucks so you can't really complain .... I expected this much.

I also foresee the material stinking very badly very soon. I felt pretty hot wearing it too so maybe this is more suited for the fall.

I don't mind taking pics. I'll post it tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayceeee View Post
mind taking a pic of the actual kit if you get a chance?

kinda want to see the finish/quality on it.

thanks!
Advertisement
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #4377
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Finished the triple crown today.

From Kits area it took about 5 hours

Hardest ride i've done so far. most meters in one day.

used 4 gels, 2 granola bars, 1 gaterade, and 1 coke mixed with water.

did a bit of gravel trails too near the dam which was nice.

Bike Ride Profile | Triple Crown w/ Jeff and Beau. Straight madness near Vancouver | Times and Records | Strava
Kudos to you, Beau and Jeff!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #4378
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Will Wong - Resident Triple Crowner AND Bib Short model
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #4379

Hah I meant I'll take pics of the product LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #4380
RS controls my life!

Does anyone know any LBS that has good deals on energy gels? Preferably looking for some in multiple amounts. Want to get some for this week.
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #4381
Better safe than Surrey

604CEFIRO- you sir are a bad ass!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #4382

Thanks for the kind words guys... but it's definitely something that all of us can achieve! I know mc.jolaika's first time out to seymour was when he did the triple crown, so i think that's even more badass lol

[edit]

i feel like death today... total jello

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 08-13-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #4383
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
For those of you looking for a new wheelset, Competitive Cyclist is selling the Mavic Ksyrium Elite right now for $559 (from $799.)

Mavic Ksyrium Elite Clincher Wheelset | Competitive Cyclist

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #4384
I bringith the lowerballerith

arts cyclery has it as well

Mavic Ksyrium Elite S M11 Wheelset Black

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #4385
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up bcrdukes. I just wonder if it'll work with my 9 speed setup.
Posted via RS Mobile
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #4386
RS Veteran

It should. I believe it is Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10 speed compatible. Swap your cassette out and fine-tune your derailleurs, brakes and you're set to go.

If I recall correctly, you have a chain whip and lock nut tool. Should be a breeze for you!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #4387
I subscribe to Revscene

yay for mavics!

honestly i beat them up pretty bad...i act as a courier a lot at work and riding through gastown/chinatown over cobble and brick would un-true a lot of wheels but mine are still going strong. then again i'm pretty pinner..struggling to keep 145 and riding certainly doesn't help.

took a casual stroll around stanley park after work today and when i got home i got a new PR for prospect point...3:50..
this was me climbing while snacking on an Oh Henry too. boy, Garmin sure knows when to track me and when to go blank.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #4388
I bringith the lowerballerith

which means your PR must be like 2:50!

i wanted to get the mavics too but at 799 i couldnt justify getting it over the boyds. but im pretty happy with what i have. cant compare too much since i've only had the boyds and shimano rs10 lol

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #4389
Got MOD?

Anyone interested in grabbing my fakeddarlocks? They're good but they don't fit my head well.

My Feedback (50-0-0)

Last edited by !MiKrofT; 08-13-2013 at 08:16 PM.
!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #4390
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
yay for mavics!

honestly i beat them up pretty bad...i act as a courier a lot at work and riding through gastown/chinatown over cobble and brick would un-true a lot of wheels but mine are still going strong. then again i'm pretty pinner..struggling to keep 145 and riding certainly doesn't help.
145lb is like..ideal cycling weight. When you are a big guy like myself weighing in at 200lbs, wheel strength, build quality and weight make a huge difference.

I'm no wheel expert but so far in my own personal experience, the quality of hubs and wheel's balance quality makes a huge difference. I'm sure spoke design, materials, and lacing play a huge role in the equation too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
took a casual stroll around stanley park after work today and when i got home i got a new PR for prospect point...3:50..
this was me climbing while snacking on an Oh Henry too. boy, Garmin sure knows when to track me and when to go blank.
haha that time we went on the ride up Prospect Point with Wormiez, I'm more than positive your PR up the climb was 3:30, if not, much lower.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #4391
Banned By Establishment

helping my friend selling his full 105 groupset 50/34 11-25 around 100km.
still in new condition. any idea how much should i list it
tipy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #4392
RS Veteran

$10 is my best offer.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #4393

Alright so here's my review on the fake Team Sky kit off Aliexpress, or more specifically: Aliexpress.com : Buy FreeShipping 2013 Sky Team Cycling Jersey BIB Shorts Quick Dry Breathable Cycling Clothing (maillot ) Wholesale Bike Jersey from Reliable cycling jersey suppliers on iBike Cycling Jersey

Sizing:

I am 5 foot 7, 145 lbs. Chest 38 inch, thigh 22 inch. In Rapha (and all other brands) I wear a Medium Jersey. In Rapha Classic Bib Shorts, I currently wear size Medium, but they are a tad loose now (i used to weigh 155) and I know that I fit a size Small in the Classic perfectly. In the Rapha Pro Team, I am still a medium.

Aliexpress Size and Fitment:

I ordered Medium Jersey and Medium bib shorts. The size chart on the ad was confusing, so I spoke with the rep on live chat, and they recommended me to either order Medium or Large. I went with Medium size I'm on the smaller side.

The Jersey

The jersey kinda fits, kinda doesn't. It fits in the way that it doesn't look or feel silly, but it's baggy in annoying areas. I fit in the neck, shoulder and arm holes, but it's baggy in the chest. When I'm leaning over my bars, it looks baggy in the chest and flaps around in the wind. The length is okay, but the bottom of the jersey creeps up because there isn't a gripper on the inside. It also has to do with the elastic used. I think I could probably get away with a size Small

The Bibs
I know it's not fair to compare aliexpress bibs to actual Rapha bibs, but these aliexpress bibs are not comfortable. Not even compared to my $40.00 Funkier bibs from CRC.

The aliexpress bibs do not have flat lock seams. The bibs are multi panel, so there are large seams that run on the inside of your legs in areas that rub around quite a bit when riding. Keep in mind, i only rode around for 1 hour but my skin is pretty red and itchy right now. Even tho I lathered on huge layer of chamois cream.

The leg gripper is horrendous. It's raised rubber lines that dug into my leg. Very red and sore right now.

The chamois pad is thick in the wrong spots. They don't support my sit bones. It's very thin and I suspect will deform and not hold it's shape after a couple uses / washes.

I could have gone for a Larger size maybe?

Does it look real vs. the real Rapha Sky Kit?

Yes, from 5-10 feet away. The aliexpress bibs have sublimated graphics on lycra. The real Rapha bibs have a different lycra material and the graphics are screen printed on top of the material. When wearing the aliexpress bibs, you can notice the printed areas of the bibs have a different color black to the non-printed areas. Sublimated prints are done on white lycra, so when majority of the lycra has been dyed black, when you bend over the material on your ass turns white because the white lycra starts coming through. It also makes the seams look like they are coming undone because there's white coming through at the seams.

Would you buy them again?

The Jersey, sure. But not the bibs. I foresee the bibs doing more harm than good. They are not comfortable, at least for me. I'm not sure if going up a size would solve all of the problems, especially the raised seams. One of the most important thing for riding is a comfortable pair of shorts and these aren't it.

It's $35.00 for jersey and bibs so yea, you get what you pay for.

Pics of the seams, the rubber gripper and what it did to my skin after less than 1 hour

This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #4394
Better safe than Surrey

Did some SFU/BBY mountain hill climbs today. Experienced some brake fade for the first time ever. On the Burnaby mountain park decent. Stopped at the bottom and looked at my rotors....

Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #4395
Better safe than Surrey

How do you guys get the stink outa your helmets? I've tried Febreze but that doesn't do shit.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #4396
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
you spray fabreze on your helmet?

I use a stronger scented dish detergent to wash the grim off the helmet and regular strength laundry soap + hot water to wash and clean the straps and pads.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #4397
I subscribe to Revscene

yup same. i remove the pads, leave them in a bowl of detergent and hot water over night.

another caad on the market:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...997727447.html

54cm

I would offer $1500 for this simply because it comes with a good amount of upgrades (bars and fork)
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #4398
Better safe than Surrey

Going to soak them in some oxy clean over night... hopefully the stink goes away. If not, new helmet time.

I've had it for almost a year with pretty much daily use for the past 5 months, so i wouldn't be opposed to a new one either.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #4399
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Vinegar and water should work. You need something that will kill the bacteria. Take out the pads and soak em in some sort of mixture of vinegar, then rinse them out afterwards, unless you don't mind the smell of vinegar.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #4400
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Alright so here's my review on the fake Team Sky kit off Aliexpress, or more specifically: Aliexpress.com : Buy FreeShipping 2013 Sky Team Cycling Jersey BIB Shorts Quick Dry Breathable Cycling Clothing (maillot ) Wholesale Bike Jersey from Reliable cycling jersey suppliers on iBike Cycling Jersey

Sizing:

I am 5 foot 7, 145 lbs. Chest 38 inch, thigh 22 inch. In Rapha (and all other brands) I wear a Medium Jersey. In Rapha Classic Bib Shorts, I currently wear size Medium, but they are a tad loose now (i used to weigh 155) and I know that I fit a size Small in the Classic perfectly. In the Rapha Pro Team, I am still a medium.

Aliexpress Size and Fitment:

I ordered Medium Jersey and Medium bib shorts. The size chart on the ad was confusing, so I spoke with the rep on live chat, and they recommended me to either order Medium or Large. I went with Medium size I'm on the smaller side.

The Jersey

The jersey kinda fits, kinda doesn't. It fits in the way that it doesn't look or feel silly, but it's baggy in annoying areas. I fit in the neck, shoulder and arm holes, but it's baggy in the chest. When I'm leaning over my bars, it looks baggy in the chest and flaps around in the wind. The length is okay, but the bottom of the jersey creeps up because there isn't a gripper on the inside. It also has to do with the elastic used. I think I could probably get away with a size Small

The Bibs
I know it's not fair to compare aliexpress bibs to actual Rapha bibs, but these aliexpress bibs are not comfortable. Not even compared to my $40.00 Funkier bibs from CRC.

The aliexpress bibs do not have flat lock seams. The bibs are multi panel, so there are large seams that run on the inside of your legs in areas that rub around quite a bit when riding. Keep in mind, i only rode around for 1 hour but my skin is pretty red and itchy right now. Even tho I lathered on huge layer of chamois cream.

The leg gripper is horrendous. It's raised rubber lines that dug into my leg. Very red and sore right now.

The chamois pad is thick in the wrong spots. They don't support my sit bones. It's very thin and I suspect will deform and not hold it's shape after a couple uses / washes.

I could have gone for a Larger size maybe?

Does it look real vs. the real Rapha Sky Kit?

Yes, from 5-10 feet away. The aliexpress bibs have sublimated graphics on lycra. The real Rapha bibs have a different lycra material and the graphics are screen printed on top of the material. When wearing the aliexpress bibs, you can notice the printed areas of the bibs have a different color black to the non-printed areas. Sublimated prints are done on white lycra, so when majority of the lycra has been dyed black, when you bend over the material on your ass turns white because the white lycra starts coming through. It also makes the seams look like they are coming undone because there's white coming through at the seams.

Would you buy them again?

The Jersey, sure. But not the bibs. I foresee the bibs doing more harm than good. They are not comfortable, at least for me. I'm not sure if going up a size would solve all of the problems, especially the raised seams. One of the most important thing for riding is a comfortable pair of shorts and these aren't it.

It's $35.00 for jersey and bibs so yea, you get what you pay for.

Pics of the seams, the rubber gripper and what it did to my skin after less than 1 hour

As disastrous as this sounds, I think I may still order a Jamis kit. Thanks for the review. Man I make stupid purchases sometimes.