REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #4401
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

^ i would go with your regular size top, and then size Up on the bibs at least one size.

like i said, the jersey is okay, but the bibs are not great.

good luck man
Advertisement
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #4402
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,504 Times in 4,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
As disastrous as this sounds, I think I may still order a Jamis kit. Thanks for the review. Man I make stupid purchases sometimes.
I think it depends on who you order it from. We followed the sizing chart and it worked. Comparing sizing to other brands made it more complicated. It isn't rocket science.

The kit I ordered for myself, Alphamale and GREddie look entirely different and don't exhibit the same problems as 604CEFIRO described.

One thing's for sure, the chamois on the one we have is orange and pretty thick.

Edit: I'll try to take pictures later on.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 08-15-2013 at 10:52 AM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #4403

are the seams on yours flat lock? or raised like in my pics?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #4404
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
^ i would go with your regular size top, and then size Up on the bibs at least one size.

like i said, the jersey is okay, but the bibs are not great.

good luck man
You've just got huge ass thick quads. Can't blame Aliexpress for that
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #4405
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
are the seams on yours flat lock? or raised like in my pics?
Pretty much all raised. See the photos. (Click the image for higher resolution)
Spoiler!

I've taken this Rapha Condor-Sharp kit out for about 4 hours worth of rides. The Rapha Focus CX kit for over 8 hours. Again, I followed the sizing chart according to the vendor and have yet to exhibit any of the issues you reported.

Granted, yes, there are some parts of the jersey and bib shorts that are somewhat "loose" or rather, not as compressed as it should be but otherwise, no chafing problems. The chamois works for me and I believe Alphamale did not report any issues. For the $30 - $40, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one just for short rides.

I would not recommend this to be worn during the peak hour where it's the hottest. It does not breath well. Additionally, I would not wear this for rides more than an hour. It will get hot. Perhaps better suited for fall/winter riding.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #4406
RS controls my life!

I had a chance to use the "Rapha" kit. Went for a < 2 hour, 32 kms ride yesterday with my buddies. *Sorry for the size of my pictures*.

Jersey:
- Soft, thick material: kept me warm actually as it started to drizzle later afternoon
- Doesn't breath as well (when it gets warm)
- Zipper was great (zips up/down easily)
- Felt great on my shoulders and across my chest
- 3 cargo pockets (holds things well, just not as roomy)
- Loving the multi-colours ..hahaha

Bib Shorts:
- Bib Pad: soft/thick (kept my rear end comfortable >> haven't tested in a longer ride)
- Straps: comfortable on my shoulders and stretches well
- Felt fine on my legs and I didn't use any chamois cream
- Some of the stitchings inside were a bit loose
- The blue coloured part rubbed off on my saddle (3rd picture)...guess when I started to sweat .

Overall: not a bad kit for the price, would definitely order another kit from these guys.

PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #4407

Your leg gripper is way better than mine
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #4408
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Is anyone running the low profile cadence magnets found on http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icarus-RED-Cadence-Sensor-Magnet-Garmin-GSC-10-200-500-510-800-810-/271217099457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f25cc82c1?

Was seeing if they are strong enough to be read by the Sensor.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #4409
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
Going to soak them in some oxy clean over night... hopefully the stink goes away. If not, new helmet time.

I've had it for almost a year with pretty much daily use for the past 5 months, so i wouldn't be opposed to a new one either.
You know, you can always get a new set of pads. Maybe cheaper than a new helmet.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #4410
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATFLIP_14 View Post
I had a chance to use the "Rapha" kit. Went for a < 2 hour, 32 kms ride yesterday with my buddies. *Sorry for the size of my pictures*.

Jersey:
- Soft, thick material: kept me warm actually as it started to drizzle later afternoon
- Doesn't breath as well (when it gets warm)
- Zipper was great (zips up/down easily)
- Felt great on my shoulders and across my chest
- 3 cargo pockets (holds things well, just not as roomy)
- Loving the multi-colours ..hahaha

Bib Shorts:
- Bib Pad: soft/thick (kept my rear end comfortable >> haven't tested in a longer ride)
- Straps: comfortable on my shoulders and stretches well
- Felt fine on my legs and I didn't use any chamois cream
- Some of the stitchings inside were a bit loose
- The blue coloured part rubbed off on my saddle (3rd picture)...guess when I started to sweat .

Overall: not a bad kit for the price, would definitely order another kit from these guys.

I just rode 80+ km and i must say the bib short is pretty good. i wouldnt mind getting another one.

Bike Ride Profile | Afternoon Ride w/ wesly - nelson - ephram near Vancouver | Times and Records | Strava
mc.jolaika is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #4411

judging from all the positives on the aliexpress bibs, i must have ordered the wrong size bib =S
Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #4412
RS controls my life!

My Aliexpress order FINALLY came in.

The order was placed on July 22 but they did not ship until Aug 2 =(

If you plan to purchase from store #410946 keep that in mind.
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #4413
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
You know, you can always get a new set of pads. Maybe cheaper than a new helmet.
It was a cheapy Lazer helmet to begin with. Been using it for mountain biking too and its got a couple dings in it from storage.

Cleaned it last night and let it out to dry. Smells 100% better!!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #4414
RS Veteran

Bailed pretty hard today.

Helmet saved my head from splitting open. Wear your helmets guys! No riding for me for at least a week.

So far just a sprained wrist, elbow and a few bumps, scrapes, and bruises. Possible fractured ligament yet to be determined.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #4415
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Bailed pretty hard today.

Helmet saved my head from splitting open. Wear your helmets guys! No riding for me for at least a week.

So far just a sprained wrist, elbow and a few bumps, scrapes, and bruises. Possible fractured ligament yet to be determined.
are you ok? what happened?
tipy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #4416
RS Veteran

Hey guys,

I'm ok. Just a little bruised, banged up, and pretty damn sore. My right arm is sprained, particularly my wrist, thumb, and elbow. Alphamale took me to Burnaby General Hospital last night to get checked up. So far, nothing is broken but the radiologists are going to confirm if there is a fracture of a ligament somewhere.

The fall was at the fault of my own due to poor judgement. Nobody was involved. Basically we were heading back from Steveston on Railway, just right where it turns into Granville / Thompson Community Centre. Rather than take the risk of cutting across 2 lanes to make a left turn onto the smaller street to use the crosswalk, I tried to get onto the curb (see photo below) but misjudged the angle to approach the driveway. It was also raining so it was wet and slippery. I went too fast, slipped and fell. I fell with the bike but I took the impact of the fall, smashing my head into the flower pot where the "X" is (it's not shown in Google Maps) and landed on my wrist/arm. The way I fell, my head went inwards, and I felt my neck snap forward. That hurt like a bitch. Got some cuts, scrapes and whatnot but my wrist and arm hurt the most. Helmet is pretty scratched up. I'll take a pic later on. That thing saved me from having my head split open I'm sure.

I toughed it out and rode home but by the time I got home, my head started pounding, my neck was sore, and my wrist and arm started to hurt like a bitch. Went to BGH to get checked up. All in all, I'm glad nothing is broken and that I'm not in a wheelchair or dead. Bike is ok. No riding for me for at least a week or two, or until doctor's orders. I'm having to type and do everything with my left hand for the time being. My right arm is pretty much useless and eating is a pain in the ass. I have to wear a spline until it heals.

I failed Math 10 so I deserved to bail. Should have paid more attention to all that shit about circles, diameters, angles, triangles and that mother fucker Pythagoras.

Google Street View - http://goo.gl/maps/6Ng3B

Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #4417
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Damn. Just be happy you didn't break your jaw like I did last year. Oh boy did the impact and aftermath hurt like a bitch lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #4418
RS Veteran

I'm really glad nothing is broken to be honest.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #4419
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ouch. Hope you heal up fast, Mike.

I've had close calls before where I fishtailed in the rain and was lucky enough to regain control at the last second
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #4420
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
That sucks Mike, hope you heal fast and no lingering issues. I had a friend fall and he lost his short-term memory, couldn't remember what happened for a good 1.5 hr and then has recurring blackouts.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #4421
Better safe than Surrey

Get better soon! Hopefully you can get a couple more rides before the seasons change.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #4422
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hey guys,

I'm ok. Just a little bruised, banged up, and pretty damn sore. My right arm is sprained, particularly my wrist, thumb, and elbow. Alphamale took me to Burnaby General Hospital last night to get checked up. So far, nothing is broken but the radiologists are going to confirm if there is a fracture of a ligament somewhere.

The fall was at the fault of my own due to poor judgement. Nobody was involved. Basically we were heading back from Steveston on Railway, just right where it turns into Granville / Thompson Community Centre. Rather than take the risk of cutting across 2 lanes to make a left turn onto the smaller street to use the crosswalk, I tried to get onto the curb (see photo below) but misjudged the angle to approach the driveway. It was also raining so it was wet and slippery. I went too fast, slipped and fell. I fell with the bike but I took the impact of the fall, smashing my head into the flower pot where the "X" is (it's not shown in Google Maps) and landed on my wrist/arm. The way I fell, my head went inwards, and I felt my neck snap forward. That hurt like a bitch. Got some cuts, scrapes and whatnot but my wrist and arm hurt the most. Helmet is pretty scratched up. I'll take a pic later on. That thing saved me from having my head split open I'm sure.

I toughed it out and rode home but by the time I got home, my head started pounding, my neck was sore, and my wrist and arm started to hurt like a bitch. Went to BGH to get checked up. All in all, I'm glad nothing is broken and that I'm not in a wheelchair or dead. Bike is ok. No riding for me for at least a week or two, or until doctor's orders. I'm having to type and do everything with my left hand for the time being. My right arm is pretty much useless and eating is a pain in the ass. I have to wear a spline until it heals.

I failed Math 10 so I deserved to bail. Should have paid more attention to all that shit about circles, diameters, angles, triangles and that mother fucker Pythagoras.

Google Street View - http://goo.gl/maps/6Ng3B
rest good and get well soon
tipy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #4423
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

FYI bones fracture, ligaments sprain or tear. Happy healing Come join the sidelines with me

I think some part of you was protecting your bike by letting your body take the brunt of the impact.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #4424
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Ouch, heal up soon.
Posted via RS Mobile
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #4425
I bringith the lowerballerith

get well soon mike!

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote