REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

empire vehicle solutions

anyone ever use this company?

They called me today asking about a car i have forsale.

I've tried to do research/searchs on google and found several forum's with threads, but when I goto the thread, its been deleted.

In one case, the admin had edited the post, deleting everything and saying how EVS threatened lawsuits.

so anyone here have an opinion/experience?

thx
Advertisement
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

they call you like every day diff person and even when u tell them no and to stop calling someone else from them calls u any way..i had 3 calls in 1 day even i was like ok seriously fuck off ....honestly it seems like a total bullshit thing
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
That's the company where you pay them and they promise to list and sell your car and if they don't they'll give you your money back, right?

Anyone who's looking to do that is spewing utter bullshit. The only time you should offer money to someone in order to sell something is as/after it is sold. Anyone asking for money up front is scamming your ass.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts

Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
im the one that called, give me your car and i will GAREEE ANTEEEEEEE you a sale within a week :{D
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #6

only spoke with them (her) for a quick chat, asked her to call back tomorrow so i could have some time to investigate

from the deleted threads and threats of lawsuits, pretty save to say we'll not be using them!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
only spoke with them (her) for a quick chat, asked her to call back tomorrow so i could have some time to investigate

from the deleted threads and threats of lawsuits, pretty save to say we'll not be using them!
``safe``
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #8

right, that too
Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Stay away from those, especially Global Auto Registry. All bunch of scammers, just try to sell it locally or online private.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I've been contacted by them, and other similar companies, in the past when I was selling cars on the Buy & Sell website.

A friend of mine had used their 'services' in the past. They did not sell his car, but they were more than happy to take his money. It was not returned. He sold the car on his own, with no help from them whatsoever.

From what I can gather.. they pretty much spam mail everyone who is trying to sell a car, trying to find suckers who will give them money. It may sound good if you're hurting to sell the vehicle.. but you'll probably have more luck selling it yourself if you just lower the price instead of falling for their sales pitch.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
I've been contacted by them, and other similar companies, in the past when I was selling cars on the Buy & Sell website.

A friend of mine had used their 'services' in the past. They did not sell his car, but they were more than happy to take his money. It was not returned. He sold the car on his own, with no help from them whatsoever.

From what I can gather.. they pretty much spam mail everyone who is trying to sell a car, trying to find suckers who will give them money. It may sound good if you're hurting to sell the vehicle.. but you'll probably have more luck selling it yourself if you just lower the price instead of falling for their sales pitch.
How do they stay in business, isn't this basically a scam? Unless the owners sign papers indicating that they keep the fee.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
I heard the most they will do for you after you pay them is post your car on craigslist again or some other free site which is something you can pretty much do on your own. Also keep in mind they'll only do this if they feel nice. lol Other than that its a complete scam.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #13

@ the end of my call with the lady yesterday i asked her how they make money.

She said that basically they are a financing company. So that's how they do it.

My guess is they offer people with no/bad credit the ability to buy a car, and then push 'their' cars on them.

I expect a call back from her today, in which case i'll be telling her thanks but no thanks based on the shady threats of lawsuits for online postings, etc...

we'll see what she has to say
Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
basically they are a financing company. So that's how they do it.

My guess is they offer people with no/bad credit the ability to buy a car, and then push 'their' cars on them.
Makes sense... that's the other half of the company. Hell of a way to do it...
Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #15

So they called a little while ago...

I had to interupt her speech in order to discuss the findings of lawsuits, etc... that I found last night.

She was able to speak about the lawsuit, which i found here:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=70155

She said it wasn't based on any actual complaints, but rather an incorrect use of the company name.

I have no way to confirm if this is true or not.

I then told her that I was not willing to sign anything with them. I explained that we have a finders fee of 500 dollars included in the ad and if they want to sell my car, i'll gladly give them the 500 bux.

She asked if she could put me on hold while she spoke to her manager about the finders fee.

a minute later, a guy answers the phone and starts to discuss the car, asks questions, etc... Sounds good!!

and then he says 'So most of our customers use visa/mastercard, which will you be using today?'

wtf?! I said, neither... didn't the other lady explain to you that im not willing to give you people money upfront?!

So he tried to make me a deal, giving me the same price as if i was selling mutilple cars, etc... Not super pushy, but definately trying to get me to sign.

In the end, he finally got the idea that there wasn't any way he was getting my cash right now and he ended the call.

The other thing thats worth mentioning is that he stressed that when they do their ad's, it says something like:

audi for sale, 13,000 or 200 a month OAC.

So of course most people will go for the financing/credit route.

Also, the lady mentioned several times that they had received mutliple inquries about my style of vehicle. I have no idea if this is in fact true, or simply a sales tatic.

btw: here's the car... someone buy it already

http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-20...i-t606781.html
Old 02-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
hi guys, i wrote a little review of them last year. check it out and judge for yourself.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/empir...empirevehicles
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #17

Thx for the link to your experience Unit...

Sounds like we had pretty much the exact same dealing
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

If anybody gets scam from companies like these, you guys can go to:

http://www.bbb.org/canada/ (they can help you talk to the company and try to get back your money and give them bad reps.)

http://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/

Also you can threaten them with these companies and lawyers etc.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I just recieved a call from these guyz today!! Sounds too good to be true... and most of the time they are!!
kj604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I wanted to post regarding the Empire vehicle solutions stuff that I was reading mainly B/C I was a victim of their scam as well .
davestar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I have a friend at major TV network that I am going to contact regarding these crooks; If anything they have made it harder to sell my car B/C of their inept posting of it on C L using stock pics of my truck instead of my own, and lame description of the details as well. They say they can help finance but every person that was seriously interested and contacted empire about financing was put off the sale after speaking with their sales reps . And may I add that the only interest I have had was through the ads that I myself have posted!! What about all these sites that they supposedly post your car on for you? Whats even worse is that Craigslist is blocking me from reposting because of multiple postings for the same Truck so tell me do these guys just take your money? no !! they screw up your rep on CL and make it hard for a buyer to find you credible. I think they need to be investigated thoroughly...
davestar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

wow.

thank goodness I did some research before.
They just called me... I was hesistant and called back and asked some questions. Then read this. People need to know more about this, other forums have removed posts about this company I think because EVS themselves goes and sends a letter to the forums themselves for slander...etc.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #23
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
I am pretty sure the guy who owns (or at least weorks) Empire lives in my building. I see a parking spot with a different car every few days, all with "Empire" license plate frames
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-604-583-3524

To save people more time from being harassed.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #25
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
lol, i was selling car, they called me, im like i have no money thats why im selling car, they are like you have no money at all, im like wtf if your problem my financial situation is mine, he's like well what about the money you get from selling the car, we can guarentee you more money if you sell with us... i just hung up.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote