REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #51
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
all, see thats what i mean, b2b, bumper to bumper, does not mean wear and tear.

wear and tear is just that. if its something like oil change, it will actually say, lifetime oil change, or actually list it out on the warranty card. however, brakes usual are not covered. unless its a manufactuer defect, then thats considered manufactuer warranty.

that is why there is the whole inspection fee in place, if you choose to get the car fixed at the same place it was inspected this fee is usually waived, cancelled, removed, gone. this is to prevent ppl from bringing in their car, have it inspected, told whats wrong with the car, then have the customer drive away and bring it to a cheaper shop using cheaper inferior aftermarket parts. this comes down to the original question, warranty. brake pads are not covered under warranty. most fluids are not covered under warranty unless outlined specifically in the warranty card.

a dealer has to be credible for everything they do under that car makers brand. they get audits to show and confirm that anything they do under warranty is, lack of a better word, warranted. they represent the brand, and its reputation, so thus if they are incorrectly representing that brand, they will be held accountable. It doesnt take rocket science to know there are far more complications to running a dealership than "sell cars, fix cars".

this comes back to the original question, what you consider as warranty? because bumper to bumper, does not mean wear and tear. read the warranty card, it will outline it clearly, and clearer than i can.

so... you are one of those guys that raises hell at futureshop/bestbuy like in those youtube videos =)
Ok, you either haven't read my post(s) or don't have a firm understanding of English (which I doubt). I am not talking about brake pads worn down to the metal and squeaking, but warrantable repairs. If somebody has a new car, they have to usually service it at the dealer. Most dealers check your brake pads, and it would be obvious if it started squeaking after they inspected it a while back and found them to be at 10%.
However, stuff like warped rotors or similar, if covered under warranty (which most high end manufacturers do), can produce the same issues. So it is the dealers responsibility to investigate anything which can potentailly be an issue covered under warranty.

I see that you work in parts, so I can understand that you may not know the correct procedure when it comes to warranty issues, so I wont take your response as an official BJ policy guide.
And by raise hell I do mean contacting corporate and getting an investigation going. I have done it with Lexus, and got a prompt response where the dealer was forced to fix what they denied before. I also got an apology for them wasting my time by making me come down 3 times only to deny the problem exists.
All I can say is if you buy a new car and expect that kind of treatment, your dealer will walk all over you while laughing all the way to the bank.
Advertisement
ivanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #52
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
I have read your post, and i do have an understanding of english, however, IN this thread, the OP stated his case with involved the brakes. You however brought up warranty. We tried to explain that wear and tear of brakes are not considered warranty. Warped rotors, are iffy at best. The dealership has to show the big parent corporation that the claim for each item must be "warranted" for warranty. The inspection fee, should be waived, if the part is found to be under warranty, or can be claimed under warranty. But until that can be proven or claimed, the inspection fee is there as a safe guard.

It isnt the consumers right to assume everything is under warranty. i see that you are a consumer, and may not know all the policies, as am i, to automotive warranty. hence, go read the warranty card as i stated.

i myself have had brake pads claimed, under warranty, by honda, before on my previous car. the original set that came with the car, had a fracture along the brake pad, creating a gap between the metal and the brake pad material. i had the car inspected, they said that there is an inspection fee, but is waived if i get the job done there, and or found any problems to be under warranty. they found the brake pad to be defective, and thus put a claim through honda canada (parent corp) to have them covered under warranty. Pictures were taken, and sent. all was done and ok'd within an hour.

and if you are not happy with the answer you got, by all means, contact the parent company. but do no expect to always have your way, just because you purchased a high end vehicle. it doesnt make you any better of a person as the next person that purchased from another brand.

top dealers provide top service, but if you are expecting to be treated like caesar, then you got your delusions wrong. that may happen if you buy a lambo in vegas though. they may even open a few bottles of bubbly for you.

assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanz View Post
Ok, you either haven't read my post(s) or don't have a firm understanding of English (which I doubt). I am not talking about brake pads worn down to the metal and squeaking, but warrantable repairs. If somebody has a new car, they have to usually service it at the dealer. Most dealers check your brake pads, and it would be obvious if it started squeaking after they inspected it a while back and found them to be at 10%.
However, stuff like warped rotors or similar, if covered under warranty (which most high end manufacturers do), can produce the same issues. So it is the dealers responsibility to investigate anything which can potentailly be an issue covered under warranty.

I see that you work in parts, so I can understand that you may not know the correct procedure when it comes to warranty issues, so I wont take your response as an official BJ policy guide.
And by raise hell I do mean contacting corporate and getting an investigation going. I have done it with Lexus, and got a prompt response where the dealer was forced to fix what they denied before. I also got an apology for them wasting my time by making me come down 3 times only to deny the problem exists.
All I can say is if you buy a new car and expect that kind of treatment, your dealer will walk all over you while laughing all the way to the bank.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #53
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

i see that you were not happy with my response and thus did a search on my username quickly to get any dirt you could to respond back.

good on your part for using the search function! I've always encouraged our members to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanz View Post

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 AM   #54
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

anyone notice that i posted up a video?
feedbacks please.
jiggazed, is that the same noise you had?
ezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #55
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

from what ive seen on bmw's, they create a huge amount of brake dust! (after working on them before at previous work)

the brake compound and softer rotors make for great stopping power, but do cause that squealing.

if enough ppl write into bmw (not talking about the dealer, but the top, the original, the headquarters) about the problem, and be persistant, there may be a chance, slight though, they will respond with action, like look into different brake compound or something. its highly doubtable, but who knows, maybe they will address the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel View Post
feedbacks please.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #56
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel View Post
feedbacks please.
That's the exact noise I had....and I am sure it's not brake dust, because if it was, I would hear the noise again by now....
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #57
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

If it's not too much trouble, maybe Jiggazed can give his info to Dinan3 for him to check what was actually done to Jiggazed's car and see why that can't be applied to my situation? Do you still happen to have the service report?
ezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote