REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #76
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
3 of my 4 wheels are fine, 1 is dented and not fixable, well it is, but the cost to have it rechromed, straightened, which cant be done locally, will cost more than buying a new wheel.
in ICBC eyes a car must have wheels (stock one or better one)
put the stock rims back on
& let your adjustor know that 1 of ur rims/tires are damaged due to the accident & how mush it is gonna cost to get a replacement

I did that 2years ago when ICBC wrote off my 94 Accord EXR
they added $3~400 on top of the car valve

ICBC will cover any aftermartket stuff that was on the car got damaged during the accident

my fd claimed back his Mugen oil pan by doing that
Advertisement
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS(SOLD)
1994 Mazda Miata R(SOLD)
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7(SOLD)
2015 Toyota Prius V
1980 Crossle 45F Forumla Ford
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 V8
Derek128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #77
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

I fail to see how tinted windows are safer. If keeping the glass intact is so important, manufacturers would place a clear film to do so. Fact is, safety glass that breaks into tiny pieces is much safer.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #78
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
no you just fail... how is it better to have a million glass particles stuck in your face than have the glass safely fall out in one piece?

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #79
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,413 Times in 3,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
I fail to see how tinted windows are safer. If keeping the glass intact is so important, manufacturers would place a clear film to do so. Fact is, safety glass that breaks into tiny pieces is much safer.
All glass on cars is laminated from the factory.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #80
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
so my wednesday and thursday.

wednesday after work, i go to my physio, only to have the receptionist tell me that icbc has rejected my physio sessions (1 prior to yesterdays visit). they tell me that i must go see my adjuster first

i go WTF?!, call up my lawyer, he goes WTF?! and tells me to go ahead with physio, and they will call icbc immediately.

Like seriously WTF?! my car is a write off, i had a bleeding hand, visible cuts to my hand and the side of my head. and they think i dont need physio and need approval for it?!

my lawyer calls back saying to go ahead with physio, icbc probably did not get the papers yet, or hasnt processed them yet.

Come today, i visited my lawyers and kept them up to date, its officially 1 week since i got hit. i feel worse, and all the chiro, doctor visits, physio, making me work around my work schedule, and take time off, which i had to today to meet with every one on the list. chiropractor said my spine and back is fuxor. my upper back has compressed spine, and so he's doing a bunch of things to loosen it and have it less tense. all the adjustsments are working BUT bodies reaction is to have it swell up, so after a few hours, i start feeling like shit, real shit again.

the only good out of this, icbc let me tow my car (at my expense) to http://www.thespeedsyndicate.com/ to have it return to stock before i give it back to them. My adjuster/estimater told me my car was written off, i managed to get the car towed to speed syndicate on tuesday afternoon, and they started working on it wednesday, and today, and i was ready to tow it back to icbc, but the towing company says they cant do that without icbc calling it in. by the time i get all that sorted out, its alreayd past 5:30. i feel bad im taking up hoist time.

Anyhow, im just getting fustrated with seeing all these doctors, not being able to do my regular duty, walking around with a hunched back, sore all over. Im fucking depressed cuz i missed out on my friends wedding, which i was looking so forward to going, missed out on golden gardens meet AGAIN and seattle trip, missing out on the autoshow cuz i cant stand around or sit for too long and having to look at my wrecked car for 2 days straight as i see everyone else working on it, and i cant because im fucking injured!

arggggg!!!! =~(, not a good year at all...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #81
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ man that sucks.... I feel for you

so did ICBC say who's at fault? or they doing it 50/50?
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator

Last edited by !Aznboi128; 04-01-2010 at 11:31 PM.
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #82
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
so my wednesday and thursday.

wednesday after work, i go to my physio, only to have the receptionist tell me that icbc has rejected my physio sessions (1 prior to yesterdays visit). they tell me that i must go see my adjuster first

i go WTF?!, call up my lawyer, he goes WTF?! and tells me to go ahead with physio, and they will call icbc immediately.

Like seriously WTF?! my car is a write off, i had a bleeding hand, visible cuts to my hand and the side of my head. and they think i dont need physio and need approval for it?!

my lawyer calls back saying to go ahead with physio, icbc probably did not get the papers yet, or hasnt processed them yet.

Come today, i visited my lawyers and kept them up to date, its officially 1 week since i got hit. i feel worse, and all the chiro, doctor visits, physio, making me work around my work schedule, and take time off, which i had to today to meet with every one on the list. chiropractor said my spine and back is fuxor. my upper back has compressed spine, and so he's doing a bunch of things to loosen it and have it less tense. all the adjustsments are working BUT bodies reaction is to have it swell up, so after a few hours, i start feeling like shit, real shit again.

the only good out of this, icbc let me tow my car (at my expense) to http://www.thespeedsyndicate.com/ to have it return to stock before i give it back to them. My adjuster/estimater told me my car was written off, i managed to get the car towed to speed syndicate on tuesday afternoon, and they started working on it wednesday, and today, and i was ready to tow it back to icbc, but the towing company says they cant do that without icbc calling it in. by the time i get all that sorted out, its alreayd past 5:30. i feel bad im taking up hoist time.

Anyhow, im just getting fustrated with seeing all these doctors, not being able to do my regular duty, walking around with a hunched back, sore all over. Im fucking depressed cuz i missed out on my friends wedding, which i was looking so forward to going, missed out on golden gardens meet AGAIN and seattle trip, missing out on the autoshow cuz i cant stand around or sit for too long and having to look at my wrecked car for 2 days straight as i see everyone else working on it, and i cant because im fucking injured!

arggggg!!!! =~(, not a good year at all...
did icbc deem you at fault or the tacoma driver?
mugentsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #83
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

icbc has not gotten that far.

my car was written off, but the appraisal has not happened yet as they are giving me the chance to put everything back to stock first. i believe they did a brief appraisal, and i have not gone in to see them with receipts yet. the will re appraise the cars value AFTER i have it towed back.

i tried to have it towed back yesterday but they close at 5:30 and im not exactly speedy right now going around town everywhere to make my chiro, physio, doctors appointments. i cant even sit down for more than a few minutes without shifting my weight or moving to another seating position cuz i feel pain through my body. i cant even sit or stand up straight, im walking around hunched over like caveman.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
no you just fail... how is it better to have a million glass particles stuck in your face than have the glass safely fall out in one piece?
1)Having minor lacerative injuries from safety glass is much preferrable than getting a concussion from hitting the window with your head and not having it shatter. You said yourself you ended up with a concussion.

2) If you are in a collision and your doors do not open, you can break a side window and crawl out the car to escape a fire, or if the car is submerged. It is much more difficult to do with tinted side windows.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
All glass on cars is laminated from the factory.
Not true. Windshields are laminated to prevent rocks etc, from penetrating and entering the car. Side windows are usually tempered for strength and to break into small pieces which minimizes injuries.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #86
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Think of it this way, !SG, with this kind of a start to the year, it can only get better.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #87
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
rebirth? http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...663455969.html

or a few more:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...648332866.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...669293266.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...657550936.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...652846368.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...649376089.html

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #88
HELP ME PLS!!!

yea but the gs400 dont have 2jz engine?
Posted via RS Mobile
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #89
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.w *// View Post
yea but the gs400 dont have 2jz engine?
Posted via RS Mobile
Nope. I think it's the 1UZ V8, same one in the older LS400's. GS300 I think has the 2JZ.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #90
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
SG's GS is the GS300.

The "300"s are the 2JZ
The "400"s are the 1UZ
The "430"s are the 3UZ
The "470"s are the 2UZ

Both the 2JZ and the 1UZ had VVT-i for cars made 97+
Random tidbit: The Early gen 1UZ is actually stronger than the later gen 1UZ, if you're building for big power on a stock block. The VVT-i engines made quite a bit more power and was better all around.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #91
I subscribe to Revscene

What car will you buy next?
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #92
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
Think of it this way, !SG, with this kind of a start to the year, it can only get better.
actually it can get worse if ICBC decides to lol and lowball him and he spends the next 2 years in a fierce legal battle.
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #93
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_clue View Post
actually it can get worse if ICBC decides to lol and lowball him and he spends the next 2 years in a fierce legal battle.
2 years? I was embroiled in a 4 year fight, and ICBC had deemed me not at fault.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #94
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Get well soon! Just take your time and make sure you are 100%

How is everyone's experience with ICBC? with your lawyer of course and how long does it usually take to settle... j
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #95
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

so after paying out of my own pocket to have my car towed and put back to stock for them, this is the thanx i got from icbc today.

without, yes, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING FOR RECEIPTS, he based judgement on my car for the value of $6000.00. this meaning in the matter of 2 1/2 years, icbc has judged that i lost 2/3s of the cars value.

here is the best part, no where online can you even find a price low enough to purchase another 99 gs300 at that low offer.

so fucking pissed right now. they didnt even offer to look at receipts! not even 1!!! even though before they estimated my christina's value, they said for me to bring my receipts! now the estimater adjuster doesnt even want to see me. just keeps asking for me to fax over anything. doesnt want to see any of the documentation, receipts, records on christina!

arggg!!!!!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 04-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #96
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,593 Times in 4,321 Posts
So you think you'll go private after all this shit?

Sounds like the adjuster is not only an asshole but a coward too.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #97
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Dick move on the adjuster's part. Piss poor practice on him by hiding behind his phone.

"Fax anything over" means "Fuck you, it's all going in the trash, no matter what you say this car is worth."

What were you hoping to get out of it?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #98
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Hell no a GS is not worth 6000!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #99
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'm under the assumption that if your at 100% fault. ICBC only covers a portion of your massage/chiro sessions, and the coverage goes lower and lower the more you go, meaning you won't receive a payout cheque for anything other than the 20-30% that they cover. They also won't cover your missed work either because your at fault, am i correct? I'm not saying your at fault, just a simple question.
Good luck with everything.
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #100
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

ive done my research online, and printed out every GS, low and high.

im not expecting a miracle, but im asking for fairness. im asking for the amount that it would cost me to get into another GS of same year, make and model.

but this was just, so fucking low ball. its not even funny.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors