REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #201
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Feel free to resort to the video posted earlier in this thread, I dont own a rsx.
If you havn't caught the idea it's me saying that a "measly" honda can beat down your imaginary m3.
However if you would like to show up at the next meet please let me know ahead of time as everyone would love to see you along with your imaginary m3.
Feel free to resort to the other 10,000 videos on YouTube that show an M3 ass-raping an RSX... or the car magazine reviews that illustrate the M3 is 2 seconds faster in the 0-60... or the 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers from every car website on the internet.... or perhaps a bit of common sense?

Advertisement
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

No what i'm saying is bmw accused the owners of being idiots for blowing up the engine and using the "black box" against them. Both which malfunctioned. If you want to compare the # of m3 owners vs the # of honda's vs complaints go for it. BMW has wet dreams about only have 300 complaints throughout it's a model year much less however long that honda one spans for.

We all know bmw's arn't on anyones list of reliable vehicles but your own.
If you think replacing brake pads vs pads + rotors which are standard then theres no point argueing with you, your head is stuck too far up bmw's ass.

Everyone knows you buy japanese cars and lease german cars. I wonder if your an owner or leaser just for the sake of defending your ego you'd have to be a owner. Of course everyone else knows that you wouldn't ever want to be stuck with a euro car out of warranty but hey i'm just "assuming" things again.

I have
A. Never said the RSX was faster, just said your "ultimate posing machine" might have problems passing it on the highway.
B. I know what an e46 m3 is I tend not to care too much about the base model posers such as yourself.
C. Those arn't fake stats they exist and have been documented however as the car is 8+ years old now there are less up to date info about past claims.
D. It's not one customers complaint, if i were to list everyone of them i'd be at it forever. What is undisputable is that bmw is not going to be on any "reliability" top choice picks.

Please go back and quote my post where i've said the rsx was ever "faster" than the m3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
So in other words, what you're saying is that BMW admitted there was a problem and issued a service action and replaced the parts on any cars that could possibly be affected. And what exactly where they supposed to do?

I'm not going to sit here and defend BMW NA, because I'm not always fond of their business practices, but they're no better or worse than any other company.

Here's a listing of more than 300 individual customer complaints regarding your beloved Honda and their poor handling of warranty-related issues. (Similar sites can be found for Toyota, Ford, Mercedes, VW, etc).

That's rather presumptuous, don't you think?

So you're willing to make a judgement on an entire company based on one person's experience (which may or may not be true) at one dealership? That's especially funny since the guy's problem ended up getting solved under warranty, for free, and he was given a loaner vehicle.

Anyway, Honda must be a disastrous company to deal with given the link I proved above... I mean, if one customer complaint indicates that BMW is an awful company, then the 300 complaints above must indicate Honda is the worst company on the planet... right?

No, obviously not. BMW sold 1.2 million vehicles last year... do you really think that one complaint from one customer at one franchised dealership indicates the company is "a pain in the ass to deal with?"

Got any proof of this, or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

No... no, they don't. You have clearly made this up, and once again you have indicated that you know nothing about cars and even less about BMW's.

Apparently. In this thread you have managed to:

1) claim a 200bhp fwd car is faster than a 333bhp rwd car;

2) demonstrate that you do not know what an e46 is;

3) make up statistics and fabricate false info regarding the m3;

4) pass judgement on an entire company based on one customer complaint.

So... yes, you know less than an "M3 leghumper", and you've demonstrated that very clearly in this thread.

...sorry? Not only does this not make sense, it's ridiculously presumptuous once again. I've owned my car for 2.5 years and to date it has been as reliable as my previous car (an Acura Integra).

It's also an absolutely fantastic car. If you stopped trolling for a minute and drove one, you'd realize this.

I don't even know where to start with this, so I'll just ignore it.

I will, however, re-post the following in hopes that your retarded ass will stop claiming that an RSX is faster than an M3:

----

2002 RSX Type-S: FWD, 2.0L I-4, 200 bhp, 142 lb-ft. @ 6000 rpm, 2771 lb. curb weight (13.8 lb per 1 bhp)

2001 BMW M3: RWD, 3.2L I-6, 333 bhp, 262 lb-ft @ 4900 rpm, 3407 lb. curb weight (10.8 lb per 1 bhp)

----

2002 RSX Type-S, 0-60mph: 6.5 seconds

2001 BMW M3, 0-60mph: 4.7 seconds

----

2002 RSX Type-S, 1/4 mile: 15.20 s @ 93.6 mph

2001 BMW M3, 1/4 mile: 13.38 s @ 105.73 mph
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #203
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Wow..this is still going on? As a former owner of a E46 M3 that was driven 130,000KM I must say the car was fairly reliable. Aside from having to spend money on the preventative maintenance items around 100,000km this car has been pretty solid.

The car can be operated for very minimal costs if you know the right places to go to for parts. I replaced all of my rotors and pads at around 100,000 for $350 using centric OEM replacements and axis ultimate pads.

Valve adjustments are an expensive job if you get it done from the dealership but when you're car is out of warranty, who the heck goes to the dealership for service anyways?

I will say that the M3 is probably more expensive to maintain than a similarly priced Japanese sports car however the small marginal difference in maintanence costs is far outweighed by the extra driving enjoyment that the E46 M3 will give you over the Japanese alternative.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #204
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Infact, I loved my M3 so much I'm looking to get another one. Of course this time I'm trying to find a clean one that I can supercharge or go HPF turbo with.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #205
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

This thread is fucked.. who compares a RSX to a M3.. both on different levels through performance and pricing.

You can probably get two RSX for the price of an E46 M3. Personally, i had to choose between a g35c and E46 M3, i'm glad i choose the g35 because now that i think of it, i would rather have the E92 M3 instead but back when i was purchasing my car, i didn't want to spend so much on my first car.

Now, im looking forward to a new E92 M3 or a slightly used one, i like how slick it looks but don't get me wrong, i love my g35 and if i had the money would probably keep the G and buy an M3 as well. I remember the first time sitting in a G35, it was so comfortable , i just adore how the seats hug you.

When purchasing performance cars, it isn't about if you are able to afford it, it is about if you are able to maintain it; gas , insurance , maintenance.

Last edited by 6insomnia9; 07-12-2010 at 02:17 PM.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #206
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 View Post
This thread is fucked.. who compares a RSX to a M3.. both on different levels through performance and pricing.
yea what the hell? how did the rsx get thrown in? straight nonsense!
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #207
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I dun think it's that easy to find a E46 M3 for 25k. A lot of them r still going for well over 30k

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #208
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

You won't find any clean E46 M3s for 25k either its been in accidents or it has a lot of clicks on it.
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #209
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

maybe a 02 or a 03 with lots and lots of kms..
ALEX1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 View Post
You won't find any clean E46 M3s for 25k either its been in accidents or it has a lot of clicks on it.
I dunno about that. 01-03 models have dropped quite a lot; you could definitely find a clean one with about 100,000km on it for $25k before tax.

Example 1

Example 2

The used car market is ridiculous these days... US imports & longer lasting vehicles have resulted in an over-saturated market and depressed prices. An accident-free 2003 M3 convertible with 95,000km for less than $27k? That's a steal, plain and simple.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #211

Quote:
We all know bmw's arn't on anyones list of reliable vehicles but your own.
If you think replacing brake pads vs pads + rotors which are standard then theres no point argueing with you, your head is stuck too far up bmw's ass.
No, BMW's are not known for being reliable, but they're not God-awful, either. Especially the e46, which is one of BMW's more reliable models.

And you're just completely wrong about the brakes. There's no reason you can't replace the pads without replacing the rotors. Period.

Quote:
Everyone knows you buy japanese cars and lease german cars. I wonder if your an owner or leaser just for the sake of defending your ego you'd have to be a owner. Of course everyone else knows that you wouldn't ever want to be stuck with a euro car out of warranty but hey i'm just "assuming" things again.
I love owning a "Euro car" and I could care less that it's out of warranty. So do millions of other people, most of whom are enjoying their cars and will buy another "Euro car" again.

Quote:
I have
A. Never said the RSX was faster, just said your "ultimate posing machine" might have problems passing it on the highway.
Semantics aside, it's still a completely ludicrous assertion and one without any logic/reason behind it.

Quote:
B. I know what an e46 m3 is I tend not to care too much about the base model posers such as yourself.
Yes, but I was pointing out that you have a general lack of knowledge regarding BMW's. And that continues to be extremely evident based on all your posts.

Quote:
C. Those arn't fake stats they exist and have been documented however as the car is 8+ years old now there are less up to date info about past claims.
How is there "less" info available now? If anything, there would be more information now regarding the e46 m3 than there ever was previously, simply because there's 8 years worth of feedback available online.

Quote:
D. It's not one customers complaint, if i were to list everyone of them i'd be at it forever.
Actually, that's exactly what it is. You have provided a link to a single customer complaint and attempted to use this one post to justify your hatred of BMW.

I'll be the first to admit that the RSX is a more reliable and affordable vehicle, but it will be passed by an e46 m3 with ease.

Quote:
Please go back and quote my post where i've said the rsx was ever "faster" than the m3.
You said the M3 "will have trouble passing" an RSX. In other words, you are saying that the M3 is in the same performance ballpark as the RSX, and that is a completely asinine suggestion.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you actually believe the nonsense you're writing... but either way, I am finished debating the subject, as you have already proven to me and everyone else on these boards that you completely lack the ability to apply reason or logic to your arguments.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #212
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...AdIdZ217087305
^
http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-2003-bmw-t619665.html

decent
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #213
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
i see e46 m3 everywhere now
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
i see e46 m3 everywhere now
I assure you... they're not getting any more common.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #215
Banned (BBM)

werd

they stop making them lol
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #216
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
I assure you... they're not getting any more common.
saw 3 at YVR parking lot the other day and 2 at costco yesterday
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #217

Just like supras are getting more common people are importing them here from other places.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #218
Hyde's Understudy

the car has an accident over 2K, i know its minor but "clean" m3 with low km's at 25K is very rare. Plus the accident can be 8K, who knows, since it doesnt specify the exact amount
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #219

Sure thats not what the Factory recommends but go ahead.

Again you can't quote me saying that the rsx is faster, since you have still have problems understanding i'll say it more clearly. THE BMW E46 M3 IS NOT GODS GIFT TO MAN AND WILL HAVE PROBLEMS PASSING RSX ON THE HIGHWAY. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO PASS SINCE YOU ARE BASE MODEL COMPARED TO THE FLAGSHIP YOU BIG BMW HEADED POSER.

There is less info because the info is old and i dont feel like signing up to 10 bmw forums sitting there for hours just to prove you wrong. In that thread alone is more than ONE owner complaining so your obviously blind.You know damn well who is going to have more problems per car sold bmw vs honda/acura. So dont play dumb.

M3 having problems passing an rsx is a reality, video proves so. Twist my words however you want.

Quote:
No, BMW's are not known for being reliable, but they're not God-awful, either. Especially the e46, which is one of BMW's more reliable models.

And you're just completely wrong about the brakes. There's no reason you can't replace the pads without replacing the rotors. Period.

I love owning a "Euro car" and I could care less that it's out of warranty. So do millions of other people, most of whom are enjoying their cars and will buy another "Euro car" again.

Semantics aside, it's still a completely ludicrous assertion and one without any logic/reason behind it.

Yes, but I was pointing out that you have a general lack of knowledge regarding BMW's. And that continues to be extremely evident based on all your posts.

How is there "less" info available now? If anything, there would be more information now regarding the e46 m3 than there ever was previously, simply because there's 8 years worth of feedback available online.

Actually, that's exactly what it is. You have provided a link to a single customer complaint and attempted to use this one post to justify your hatred of BMW.

I'll be the first to admit that the RSX is a more reliable and affordable vehicle, but it will be passed by an e46 m3 with ease.

You said the M3 "will have trouble passing" an RSX. In other words, you are saying that the M3 is in the same performance ballpark as the RSX, and that is a completely asinine suggestion.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you actually believe the nonsense you're writing... but either way, I am finished debating the subject, as you have already proven to me and everyone else on these boards that you completely lack the ability to apply reason or logic to your arguments.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #220
Resident Bullshitter

so a M3 didnt down shift to the right gear + not full throttling = tough to pass a RSX.....LMAO, you fucking ricer

you know what, RSX could smokes the Veyron when its running at idle too.
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #221
RS controls my life!

Set aside $15k a year in maintenance and contingency funds for a E46 M3 over 100k+ km, is this accurate?
JDMStyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #222
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
the car has an accident over 2K, i know its minor but "clean" m3 with low km's at 25K is very rare. Plus the accident can be 8K, who knows, since it doesnt specify the exact amount
Ya, exactly...
When I was looking for a M3 last summer, there was a 02 smg coupe with 70k selling for 26k, the seller said the car is accident-free. Then I carfax'd it and there was a $19,000 claim...wth...
The fact is a low km 6mt coupe is really hard to find in the market..
If you look on craigslist, the cabriolets for selling are way more than coupes...

Last edited by ALEX1988; 07-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
ALEX1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #223
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Sure thats not what the Factory recommends but go ahead.
Most manufacturers "recommend" you do maintenance and repairs a certain way. It doesn't mean that it needs to be done in such a manner. Automotive Mechanics 101 will teach you that...

There's a difference between reusing torque-to-yield head bolts and reusing rotors that are still perfectly good.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
Set aside $15k a year in maintenance and contingency funds for a E46 M3 over 100k+ km, is this accurate?
No, it's not even close to accurate.

Quote:
Again you can't quote me saying that the rsx is faster, since you have still have problems understanding i'll say it more clearly. THE BMW E46 M3 IS NOT GODS GIFT TO MAN AND WILL HAVE PROBLEMS PASSING RSX ON THE HIGHWAY. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO PASS SINCE YOU ARE BASE MODEL COMPARED TO THE FLAGSHIP YOU BIG BMW HEADED POSER.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #225
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
so a M3 didnt down shift to the right gear + not full throttling = tough to pass a RSX.....LMAO, you fucking ricer

you know what, RSX could smokes the Veyron when its running at idle too.
it can also smoke your imaginary lambo
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: