REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #51
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
Thats how humans are. There was a study where people were given positions of authority in a prison and they totally abused their powers. It was a documentary in a prison where they gathered a group of volunteers for the experiment.

The only place i've ever seen totally transparency and fairness is Japan. People over there are all equal and treat each other with respect!
I like the Brazilian approach where people fear the cops cause they'll shoot you and ask questions later. Fear can be a very good motivator.

I've seen a similar study, thus why I hate all the angelic hippies in this thread stating they'd never think of pushing down a drug addict that bumped into them on a ghetto street.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

" Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. " Remember that the next time you make fun and push around the poor and misfortune.
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #53
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Since we have ridiculous posts in here talking about lining up cops and shooting them, I figure I'd add an equally ridiculous (and possibly plausible) solution.

Every month, a fleet of individuals, either privately contracted or paid public servants, who arm themselves with full automatic weapons. Their job, should they be able to stomach it and the reprecussions, is to find and kill any of the following:
-mentally-challenged people
-drug addicts
-drug dealers
-homeless people
-crab people

There. I said it. No one's going to admit it, but deep down you know that exterminating these folks would make our lives all sunshines and lollipops.

Watch. A bunch of guys are going to be like "WTF you're an asshole for saying that". No doubt the same guys who quickly label all cops power-tripping pigs who are deeply hurt by their VIs because they can't accept that their tint is illegal, their exhaust is too loud, and their ricer HIDs blind EVERYBODY.
How does "exterminating" mentally-challenged people make our lives better? Because it would make less of a burden in the healthcare system?

With this mentality, would it be appropriate to "exterminate" the following?:
- people who suffer an brain injury from an accident and have brain damage
- babies or children born with a mental disability
- individuals born with a mental disability that surfaces later on in their life
etc.

If you're going to exterminate mentally-challenged people, you might as well exterminate all of the physically-challenged people while you're at it. Then we can have a society full of "healthy" people, free from such "defects".

Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #54
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Well, if any of the above end up on the DTES.....

LOL, maybe you should re-read my original post before taking it too seriously.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
How does "exterminating" mentally-challenged people make our lives better? Because it would make less of a burden in the healthcare system?

With this mentality, would it be appropriate to "exterminate" the following?:
- people who suffer an brain injury from an accident and have brain damage
- babies or children born with a mental disability
- individuals born with a mental disability that surfaces later on in their life
etc.

If you're going to exterminate mentally-challenged people, you might as well exterminate all of the physically-challenged people while you're at it. Then we can have a society full of "healthy" people, free from such "defects".

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #56
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
fuck all you bleeding heart hippies so he pushed some1 down that looks like a junkie lets see you guys do their job and put up with the shit they put up with..who the fuck is going to want to be a cop with all this bad media that "represents the police force as a whole" news gives you a one sided story and people eat it up and jump on the band wagon get over yourselves and create your own opinion instead of hearing one story and fully agreeing....
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #57
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
what the hell is a "crab people"?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...2-155019085400
LUUUUUUUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #59
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
update

Quote:
Vancouver police officer charged
Woman was shoved to the ground on Hastings

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - A rookie Vancouver Police officer has been charged with assault after a three-month investigation by New Westminster Police. Cst. Taylor Robinson is accused of shoving a disabled woman to the ground on East Hastings Street in June and not helping her up.

New Westminster Police were handed the file in late July. The VPD says Robinson, who has been with the force since March of 2009, has been put on desk duty.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...fficer-charged

good.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
if your waiting on the officer to get a stiff punishment. your in for a long wait. if they started beatin her down they would have probably got suspended with pay or something crazy like that.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote