REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #51
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvoMR View Post
They said they don't have any STi's to test drive, regardless of sedan or hatch. There were ones on the lot, but they said no one is allowed to test drive them because no one wants to buy a car with mileage on it. And there are no dedicated demo STi's.
They never have a dedicated Demo STI, but over the years, I have at least "tested" 3 of their STIs, They had like around 10km on them? LOL
Advertisement
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #52
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococly View Post
They never have a dedicated Demo STI, but over the years, I have at least "tested" 3 of their STIs, They had like around 10km on them? LOL
I wouldn't buy a car that had been "tested" by some random with only 10 km on it
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #53
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga250 View Post
I wouldn't buy a car that had been "tested" by some random with only 10 km on it
You wouldn't know!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga250 View Post
When I got my 08 WRX, it had 42km on it. I knew it had been tested randomly, but I couldn't/didn't care too much.
Besides, I tested a 2010 G37S Coupe with serious intention. It had 3km on the Odometer when I tested it. The sales was a very good guy, but the deal didn't go forward...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #55
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
just call up the rs boys and when we all roll up in like 50 cars he'll take u seriously
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #56
Banned By Establishment

If you're seriously interested, put down a small deposit and I'm sure they will be able to accommodate.
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #57
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Honestly, if you were seriously wanting to buy the car...buy the car subject to a test drive.
How can you NOT like how the car drives?
Its more powerful then most people on here can handle. Especially on a short test drive.
You're not gonna be going 200km and rippin it through the turns.
From all the test drives i'v been on. People just drive it around the city at speed limit or a little more and give it a boot once in awhile. Most people don't even do that.
And then they buy the car anyways which they have not really tested anything.
The test drive is more of a mental thing.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #58
racing & tech mod.

The only way you can sell a car without a test drive, is if the customer wants the car and doesn't care about the price.

I have only sold maybe 1 or 2 trucks without a test drive - at the customer's insistence that they have been in or driven a similar truck previously.

The test drive is part of the sales process, and anytime you try to take a shortcut through the sales process, you lose the deal or wind up with an unhappy customer.

That said, there are many types of cars that are sold WITHOUT test drives, specifically due to the rule I posted above. The customer WANTS the car and doesn't give a fuck what it drives like.. they just want it... and they know they can afford it. Usually this holds true for Ferraris and Lambos... but sometimes it filters down to cars like the STi or EvoX..
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #59

I'v sold cars quite a few times without a test drive.
I insisted on a test drive but there are people that just don't care.
I usually get the..."I know Honda drives good so I don't need a test drive" or "I'v had Hondas for 20 years and I know Im getting another."
Old 10-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
^ that's the difference between a regular person who's just buying a car to drive, and an enthusiast who's buying a car to have fun with.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ that's the difference between a regular person who's just buying a car to drive, and an enthusiast who's buying a car to have fun with.
Yeah for sure.
So if it drives good, is OP going to buy it?
That's the whole reason they don't want to let anyone test drive it because most people don't walk in and buy a car on the spot.
So if you're actually going to buy the car if it drives good then throw some money down. A real buyer won't hesitate to put a deposit if they are actually buying a car. But tire kickers definately don't want to do that.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #62
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalesman View Post
Yeah for sure.
So if it drives good, is OP going to buy it?
That's the whole reason they don't want to let anyone test drive it because most people don't walk in and buy a car on the spot.
So if you're actually going to buy the car if it drives good then throw some money down. A real buyer won't hesitate to put a deposit if they are actually buying a car. But tire kickers definately don't want to do that.
So say I put a deposit down. And then I test drove the car. And I didn't like it. Then what? Could I honestly tell you "I didn't like the way it drove", and you'd just say "okay" and hand the deposit back over right then and there? Just like that? I doubt you'd let it go without a fight, and I bet I'd have to sit there an hour convincing you why I absolutely won't buy. So I wouldn't say "a real buyer wouldn't hesitate."

Sorry I don't mean to give you a hard time, it's the honest truth.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
So say I put a deposit down. And then I test drove the car. And I didn't like it. Then what? Could I honestly tell you "I didn't like the way it drove", and you'd just say "okay" and hand the deposit back over right then and there? Just like that? I doubt you'd let it go without a fight, and I bet I'd have to sit there an hour convincing you why I absolutely won't buy. So I wouldn't say "a real buyer wouldn't hesitate."

Sorry I don't mean to give you a hard time, it's the honest truth.
I know what you mean. Honestly I hear lots of customers telling me how they have their deposit at some other dealership and they cannot even provide the car and won't give the deposit back. I know there are people out there like this but I am not. If you don't want the car then don't take it. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you to force you to buy any car. Honestly, it just pisses you off, wastes both our times and you'll probably never come back to see me or send anyone to see me again.
I'v given refunds before and people actually thought I was nice and straight up about it. They came back or brought people to see me. Not everyone but once in awhile.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #64
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Honestly, if you were seriously wanting to buy the car...buy the car subject to a test drive.
How can you NOT like how the car drives?
Its more powerful then most people on here can handle. Especially on a short test drive.
You're not gonna be going 200km and rippin it through the turns.
From all the test drives i'v been on. People just drive it around the city at speed limit or a little more and give it a boot once in awhile. Most people don't even do that.
And then they buy the car anyways which they have not really tested anything.
ughh not its not

you get to feel the steering response, throttle sensitivity, road noise, power delivery thru out the power band. How well the car brakes etc
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #65
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
people can be serious buyers but on the fence as well..

and there's nothing wrong if it's just a mental thing for the average buyers if it means they'll be satisfied and send more people to your way in the future.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
ughh not its not

you get to feel the steering response, throttle sensitivity, road noise, power delivery thru out the power band. How well the car brakes etc
Yes these are things that you should be testing in a car.
All I meant is that MOST people do not test this at all. Yeah they can hear some road noise but not many people test out the steering response, power delivery, or ever used abs. I have never been on a test drive where someone actually used abs. I had someone tell me, im going to test the brakes, is that ok? And im like yeah sure and expecting him to slam the brakes but he pressed on them a little more then usual but that is not really testing it hard. Not many people test the car that hard. It's mostly straight driving and i rarely get anyone to get it near redline. It's usually the young guys that come wanting to test drive a civic si that does that and they just give it a boot but never up to redline.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #67
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
^ I was the same way. People would just pull off the lot, drive 5 or 6 blocks, straight and slowly. Turn a couple rights to get back and park the car. I've had 2 or 3 people actually smash the gas though, just to see what it's like up hills or response, but most people just take it for a 2 minute sunday drive.
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #68
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lets be realistic here...only 5% of sales people would actually be ok if a potential customer gave a proper "test drive" Most will just say "take it easy"
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #69
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Yes these are things that you should be testing in a car.
All I meant is that MOST people do not test this at all. Yeah they can hear some road noise but not many people test out the steering response, power delivery, or ever used abs. I have never been on a test drive where someone actually used abs. I had someone tell me, im going to test the brakes, is that ok? And im like yeah sure and expecting him to slam the brakes but he pressed on them a little more then usual but that is not really testing it hard. Not many people test the car that hard. It's mostly straight driving and i rarely get anyone to get it near redline. It's usually the young guys that come wanting to test drive a civic si that does that and they just give it a boot but never up to redline.
that's because you sell HONDA
who the hell is gonna drive hard in an accord or odyssey??
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvoMR View Post
that's because you sell HONDA
who the hell is gonna drive hard in an accord or odyssey??
Ummm people that get the v6 coupe 6spd drive pretty hard.
Not so much the Odyssey but the civic si, s2000 etc.
Most of the people that come in and drive the shit out of a car dont buy.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #71
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

you have to test drive a vehicle, before you buy it to see if you like it....

i test drove the 2010 challenger RT and the 2010 Camero SS , and it was night and day between the two. so who knows with your own personal preferences.
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #72

Quote:
Ummm people that get the v6 coupe 6spd drive pretty hard.
Not so much the Odyssey but the civic si, s2000 etc.
Most of the people that come in and drive the shit out of a car dont buy.
Maybe these people didn't like the cars after the test-drives?

Well, to be honest. I was seriously considering a 2008 Si coupe back in the days. I had been thinking about it for like half a year? It was almost to a point that I was gona place my deposit.

I was so glad that I tested the Si and I could compare it with other cars in the same class before actually BUYING a car.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #73
straight from the fields of squamton

When I first looked at the genesis I showed up with a rusty 97 sidekick, wearing snowboard pants (was going to seymour night boarding) and the guy had no problems throwing me the keys and letting me drive it hard. because of the test drive I put down my $100 deposit lol and came back in a few days to buy it.

not a chance I'd buy a car without driving it first, and most people who are going to finance a car don't have 5-10k deposits sitting around, that they'll have to fight for if they really don't like the car!

If I was in the market for an Evo or an STi, you'd be sure I'd want to try them both before buying!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #74
Rs has made me the man i am today!

damn saw the new sti sedan in white the other day and I gotta say the look is growing on me...

too bad 5.9 lease and finance kills the deal though
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #75
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
damn saw the new sti sedan in white the other day and I gotta say the look is growing on me...

too bad 5.9 lease and finance kills the deal though
^ That's one major factor for me sticking with the Evo rather than the STI.

48 months 0% financing.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote