REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #126
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

testosterone levels exceeding capacity in thread
Advertisement
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #127
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Umbrella coporation is a nice name
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #128
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
^
i see's monster inside le pic O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #129
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It appears that the new name for the farecard is "Compass". Keep in mind, other more interesting names like Otter and Umbrella were in the running until they were cut out from the final vote unexpectedly.
The final names were Compass, Starfish, and TPass:

http://www.straight.com/article-3845...link-fare-card
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #130
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Anyone here currently employed by TransLink?

I believe there was a thread on it before but I can't find it in the search function.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #131
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
what abouts it?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
what abouts it?
Just in regards to the shuttle and conventional driver jobs, how long the hiring process takes.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #133
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Just in regards to the shuttle and conventional driver jobs, how long the hiring process takes.
The process itself for conventional bus driver takes roughly 2 1/2 to 3 months to complete. I started the process last April and finished early August because I was away on my honeymoon for 2 weeks in mid June. I've been waiting since August to start training. They've been slacking on their training classes but I have a few friends who are also bus drivers who are keeping me in the loop
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #134
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I applied near the beginning of last year for community shuttle, and I had a video test in September, interview in October, driving test and medical in November, along with a few other small things like references, getting my learners, etc. The last I heard from Translink was the beginning of December. I got in touch with them last week with no response, and I'm going to try them again this week. Just want to see if they have any updates or at least know that I'm still being considered for a position.
denham is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #135

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
hiring process doesn't take too long, but the process to be fully hired and working is dead slow. they do everything pretty slow.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #136

the paper work just keeps being passed from department to department if i am not wrong. your testing, interviews, references and all that probably isn't even handled by one person.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
The process itself for conventional bus driver takes roughly 2 1/2 to 3 months to complete. I started the process last April and finished early August because I was away on my honeymoon for 2 weeks in mid June. I've been waiting since August to start training. They've been slacking on their training classes but I have a few friends who are also bus drivers who are keeping me in the loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by denham View Post
I applied near the beginning of last year for community shuttle, and I had a video test in September, interview in October, driving test and medical in November, along with a few other small things like references, getting my learners, etc. The last I heard from Translink was the beginning of December. I got in touch with them last week with no response, and I'm going to try them again this week. Just want to see if they have any updates or at least know that I'm still being considered for a position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
hiring process doesn't take too long, but the process to be fully hired and working is dead slow. they do everything pretty slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
the paper work just keeps being passed from department to department if i am not wrong. your testing, interviews, references and all that probably isn't even handled by one person.
Awesome thanks for all the details! Yeah had a feeling it's going to be a tedious process from start to finished. I applied for the shuttle driver position back in November and just waiting to see what happens after that.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #138
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
It takes a lot of balls for people on RS to admit that they work for or are seeking employment with Translink.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #139
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
They also

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #140

it is what it is
Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #141

nothing wrong working with Translink, unless you're the person making all the shitty decisions and making the company look bad
Old 01-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #142
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Does anyone know how many to a signature?
stdyfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:06 AM   #143

wot?
Old 02-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #144

Positions just opened up for the conventional driver position. When I tried applying for this position, I've encountered this message

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransLink
You have already started or submitted another Transit Operator application.

You can only apply for 1 Transit Operator job opening (Transit Operator Trainee or Community Transit Service Operator Trainee) at a time. Please cancel this application and complete the application already in progress.

If you would like to change your application and apply for a different Transit Operator opening, please let the Employment Services department know if/when you come for an interview.
Because of the fact I applied for the shuttle position and won't be considered for the conventional position?

I'm planning to call their HR department for further clarification.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #145

i believe you are only allowed one application for a transit operator at any given time, whether conventional or shuttle.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #146

Quote:
I'm planning to call their HR department.
If you manage to talk to a real person please let me know what number you dialed and the name of the person you talked to! I appreciate it!

I've been trying to get in touch with them for weeks via email and phone to see if there's any update on my application, with no success. The last I heard from them was the beginning of December, and they said they'd be in touch again soon. It's getting ridiculous. It's simply always answer machine and no response to emails.

After all the time and money I've put out going through this process the least they could do is get back to me with some reassurance that I'm still being considered for a position with their company.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by denham View Post
If you manage to talk to a real person please let me know what number you dialed and the name of the person you talked to! I appreciate it!

I've been trying to get in touch with them for weeks via email and phone to see if there's any update on my application, with no success. The last I heard from them was the beginning of December, and they said they'd be in touch again soon. It's getting ridiculous. It's simply always answer machine and no response to emails.

After all the time and money I've put out going through this process the least they could do is get back to me with some reassurance that I'm still being considered for a position with their company.
This is how I followed with them, I called the general Translink phone number at 604-953-3333 and asked them if they had a contact number that I can reach human resources at Coast Mountain Bus Company.

The phone number that was given to me was 778-375-7500 which directed me to their head office, from then on I was transferred to one of the HR reps.

After speaking to the HR rep about applying for the conventional position, he's gonna speak to one of the IT guys to see if they can over ride my shuttle bus application and put my conventional application as a priority.

It's a tedious process but just have to wait to see what happens when the HR rep follows up with it.

Hopefully that answers your question a bit!

And the rep that I spoke to, his name is Raj.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #148
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
This is how I followed with them, I called the general Translink phone number at 604-953-3333 and asked them if they had a contact number that I can reach human resources at Coast Mountain Bus Company.

The phone number that was given to me was 778-375-7500 which directed me to their head office, from then on I was transferred to one of the HR reps.

After speaking to the HR rep about applying for the conventional position, he's gonna speak to one of the IT guys to see if they can over ride my shuttle bus application and put my conventional application as a priority.

It's a tedious process but just have to wait to see what happens when the HR rep follows up with it.

Raj Takhar is the person in HR that's keeping in touch with me. I have this direct # but I'm on the waiting list to start training. Are you on the list to start training as well Denham or are you still working your way through their testing/requirements?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:48 AM   #149

Quote:

Thanks a lot, that's great. I will follow up and see what I can find out.

hotjoint: I had the video test in September, interview in October, then the driving test and medical and got my class 4 learners, references done, crim record check, etc. That's all finished now and I'm waiting to hear about training.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #150

good luck to you all as shitty as a rep that translink has, its really not a bad company to work for.