REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
I bringith the lowerballerith

http://hagensofblaine.com/receive-with-us.php

Quote:
Between now and the end of the year we will be transitioning
to automatic email-only package notifications. On January 1st, 2011,
there will be AN ANNUAL CUSTOMER FEE OF $12.00 imposed
that will cover all notifications and access to a website where
acknowledgement of your package's receipt will be available.

THOSE NOT OPTING TO PAY THE ANNUAL FEE WILL BE SUBJECT
TO A $5.00/PACKAGE SURCHARGE FOR ADDITIONAL HANDLING.
looks like i'll be switching..
Advertisement

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
the new system actually works well, i'm liking it already.
$12 / year, then its just 2.50 per package.
both of these numbers are very competitive with the other places. their customer service is unparalleled though.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #28
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
the new system actually works well, i'm liking it already.
$12 / year, then its just 2.50 per package.
both of these numbers are very competitive with the other places. their customer service is unparalleled though.
Security Mail Services is just a one time only $10 registration fee and $2.50 a package. No special tracking as far as I know but the "Create an account/login" form on their page leads me to believe that something like this is in the works.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #29
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
I've never been taxed crossing the border after picking up parcels from TSB Shipping. Maybe it's been luck so far, but I've had packages going up to $800 in value. Maybe I'll give Hagens a shot
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #30
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Shipping a set of wheels next week which one to go with... hmm
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

package express in sumas is great...no yearly fee and free email notifications
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Shipping a set of wheels next week which one to go with... hmm
well hagens hasnt implimented the annual fee yet, so you only pay whatever they charge for the package..
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #33
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
I've never been taxed crossing the border after picking up parcels from TSB Shipping. Maybe it's been luck so far, but I've had packages going up to $800 in value. Maybe I'll give Hagens a shot
TSB at PR?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I would think wheels are a garanteed tax so pick closest location.

I've gone to point roberts - the letter carrier a few times and never taxed, always over $250.
but then I have nexus and just roll up, declare what I got straight up and they just wave me by.

and for those who don't know if you have nexus you do NOT have to write up a slip,
BUT when you go up to the window you must declare what you have right away and NOT have them ask you...
Atleast thats what the uptight asian guy told me the first time I tried it without a slip, that or the guy was having a bad day.

It's worked fine for me so far.
Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #35
I subscribe to Revscene

hagens new system is retarded.. just a new way to get more money outta customers. who the hell needs email notifications? all my packages have tracking #. I don't think ive ever had a shipment that hasnt
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
hagens new system is retarded.. just a new way to get more money outta customers. who the hell needs email notifications? all my packages have tracking #. I don't think ive ever had a shipment that hasnt
Posted via RS Mobile
it was 2.50 per package regardless of notification. $1 per notification call per item, therefore $3.50 per item essentially (if you dont always get tracking, plus just because it's delivered doesn't mean it's processed and ready to be picked up)

now it's 12.00 / year and 2.50 per package with FREE email notification and SMS notification available as well (dont know if sms is free notification though).
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #37
CRS

Any new places that doesn't charge an annual fee?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #38
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Any new places that doesn't charge an annual fee?
TSB Shipping & The Letter Carrier never had annual fees
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #39
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

ive been using hagens last two years no. you sign up multiple ppl on the account so just split the 12 between your friends or family.
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #40
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
TSB Shipping & The Letter Carrier never had annual fees
Any in Blaine?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Any update on this topic? Im about to order a header from ebay. Looking to pick up in blaine,
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #42
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

+1 for Pacific Mail and Parcel.

Hagens lost my package.
JunFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

I've been using Hagens for about 6 years now and have not one complaint. They are efficient, friendly, well priced and organized. Location is great too since I live 10 mins. from the truck crossing.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
it was 2.50 per package regardless of notification. $1 per notification call per item, therefore $3.50 per item essentially (if you dont always get tracking, plus just because it's delivered doesn't mean it's processed and ready to be picked up)

now it's 12.00 / year and 2.50 per package with FREE email notification and SMS notification available as well (dont know if sms is free notification though).
Exactly. I ship tons of stuff on a yearly basis to them and the new method saves me a good $30-$40/yr without dealing with the phone calls.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #45
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I don't know if they decided to reduce that $5 handling charge, but Hagen's website says the surcharge for no annual membership is $2.50 per package, so it's $5 total for a small package.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #46
RS controls my life!

hagens use to be good when they were smaller, now this annual fee of 12$ + 2.50$ each pkg or 5$ non annual fee is stupid. they dont offer same day service anymore either because theyre do busy, i got owned because the tracking said a package was delivered, but when i got there they havent sorted them yet.

try blaine enterprise, they are 2 blocks from hagens. no annual fee and 3$ a package.
jack_dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #47
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_dangerous View Post
they dont offer same day service anymore either because theyre do busy, i got owned because the tracking said a package was delivered, but when i got there they havent sorted them yet.
learned my lesson on that one too. the kid just looks at me and shrugs and says not here yet.

i just accepted the fact they are bigger now and as such service is not as good due to being busy. i just have to wait for their email.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I've never had any problems with TSB. Only the last two times I've gone the line ups were pretty long due to it being Christmas time. Waited almost 1.5hours on one of the trips and the other time was about ~20minutes.

They're upping their rates 50c for each package. And they've always had email notification which I find is really useful.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #49

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
TSB Shipping in Point Roberts emailed another guy with the same name to pick MY parcel up. Unbelievable.
Wow I'm always nervous about that happening :/ Especially since I have seats that are being shipped to Point Roberts right now, but they're being shipped to TLC. What's to stop them from knowing who's package as long as they have the same name? My only experience has been with TLC and they just take a quick look at your ID to match up the names before giving you the packages :S Did you end up getting your parcel back?

At TLC I went a day or two after boxing day and the wait was only a few minutes at most. The wait for crossing the border back was like half an hour though lol, longest line up I've seen at Point Roberts but still nothing compared to Peace Arch or Truck Crossing

I've brought a lot of packages home over through Point Roberts before, the guys working at the border as you go over from BC to Point Roberts are all pretty chill and funny. The ones on the way back are okay too and if it's busy they let you go with 0 hassle lol. I've brought back packages up to $340 for just myself and haven't been taxed yet. My next package will be about $450 though so I'll see how that goes lol, I've heard as long as it's under $400ish per person you should be okay? Don't quote me on that though

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #50
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Wow I'm always nervous about that happening :/ Especially since I have seats that are being shipped to Point Roberts right now, but they're being shipped to TLC. What's to stop them from knowing who's package as long as they have the same name? My only experience has been with TLC and they just take a quick look at your ID to match up the names before giving you the packages :S Did you end up getting your parcel back?

At TLC I went a day or two after boxing day and the wait was only a few minutes at most. The wait for crossing the border back was like half an hour though lol, longest line up I've seen at Point Roberts but still nothing compared to Peace Arch or Truck Crossing

I've brought a lot of packages home over through Point Roberts before, the guys working at the border as you go over from BC to Point Roberts are all pretty chill and funny. The ones on the way back are okay too and if it's busy they let you go with 0 hassle lol. I've brought back packages up to $340 for just myself and haven't been taxed yet. My next package will be about $450 though so I'll see how that goes lol, I've heard as long as it's under $400ish per person you should be okay? Don't quote me on that though
I've been shipping stuff to The Letter Carrier longer than most. I've been using them for about ten years already. I have never been asked to show ID when I pick up my packages. I've never seen them ask ID from anybody in all the times I've been there. Yeah, it became a problem when they started getting more than one customer with the same name. They have a little list of these names up on the wall by the counter now. Luckily I've never had an issue with a package not being there for me.

To me, it seems like the Canada border agents used to be a lot more strict with making people go in to pay customs. In the early 2000s, I would get called in pretty routinely, even for bringing back like $40 worth of stuff. In the last few years, they seem to waive you through a lot more often. There is no "magic number" that determines whether you get waived through or not... just depends on the border agent.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: