REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #26
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
It's definitely a scam. I've seen them do it for many years now with the same "cause." They mainly target Asians who look like they could be Filipino. I'm Filipino myself, and I just pretend to be Chinese whenever they ask me, so they flip off.
Advertisement
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #27
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

FUCK, i gave them 5 dollars 2 years ago.
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
FUCK, i gave them 5 dollars 2 years ago.
Oh noes. THE INTEREST!!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Only had one run-in with these people. They came into Honolulu on Kingsway around 10pm or so. Just randomly sat down with people at their tables... freakin' annoying and rude.
Vinny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Scam?
Dammit... I gave them 10 bucks a couple weeks ago.
Didnt even occur to me they were scamming.
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

damnit, how come i, one of the few guys who actually enjoys this stuff, have not yet seen them :-( I'm just daydreamingabout the wealth of possibilities of how to reject them...i love fuckign with ppl like this. I'm gonna try to get the mto give me money lol
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #32
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I mean honestly though, if they could prove to me they were a legitimate charity organization, I would mind donating a couple bucks. Like when I go to Timmy's I usually drop a loonie or a toonie in the donation box at the register if I get change back.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #33

Legit registered charitable organizations are always able to provide tax receipts. It's a good thing to keep in mind, unless it's petty change for Salvation army, Cadets, etc.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #34
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Had one women rush over to me as I was walking to staples and ask for a donation of change. I told her I had no change because it's a hassle to carry around in the type of wallet I have so she asks me for paper money and I was in disbelief no charity or any type of money collecting has ever been as persistent as to ask for paper money. Figured something was up so I said no thank you and tried to leave but she kept following me asking for money, normally I'm a pretty patient personbut she kept harassing me for paper money and saying I'm not letting the kids have a home at which point I just got really fed up and said if I donate money to you and they get homes what am I going to get I'm trying to save money for a mortgage down payment so I have a place to live... The nerve she said "so? This is for the kids I can goto the bank with you to get money". I just got pissed off told her to donate her own money and tried to walk away... Walked into staples she followed me but since my gf works there and the managers kind of know me I told them she was harassing me they asked her to leave saw her leave the store really pissed off. These people are annoying rude and very dissrespectable just ignore them your best bet.
Posted via RS Mobile
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I've had them twice come into restaurants to ask.
why the managers don't kick them out with more force I don't know.
one time they even had a guitar and were singing.
I said no, then went to the store next door, bought a 649 and said oh sorry I found some change.
fucking retards.
Rogue951 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
I STILL don't get it

yeah I'm pretty sure I ran into them awhile back by commercial drive, they asked me for a donation to some funding for underprivileged children. I didn't think much about it and gave them a 5 which I thought was a pretty generous donation coming from a broke college student. All they said when I gave them the 5 was why I wasn't donating the other two 20's in my wallet, they hounded me for awhile for the 20's but I just put on my headphones and walked off lol.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Next time they come up asking for donations, just tell them you will give them a dollar for every push up they do...

Then don't.

Sooner or later their arms will get tired and they will just stop asking people for fear of more MUSCLE TEARING PUMPS!!!!!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #38
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Next time they come up asking for donations, just tell them you will give them a dollar for every push up they do...

Then don't.

Sooner or later their arms will get tired and they will just stop asking people for fear of more MUSCLE TEARING PUMPS!!!!!
What if you only had a $100 bill Thats a lot of pushups/

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #39
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
I remember the day the news of the Hongers who were shot on that bus in the Philippines, these same Filipino came into a chinese restaurant and asked for donations for the "children in the Philippines"

I mean are they out of their mind? The Chinese have only hatred in their eyes against these people, and they ask for money?
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #40

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Always see them infront of TD on number 3. Once infront of pearl castle I almost fell for it cause was just after the flooding in the phils.

Next time I see these girls il negotiate for a blowjob, or a clean house.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #41
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

they give our race a bad name.. (unless of course it's a real donation with proof lolz..)
NinjaAceYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOX View Post
I remember the day the news of the Hongers who were shot on that bus in the Philippines, these same Filipino came into a chinese restaurant and asked for donations for the "children in the Philippines"

I mean are they out of their mind? The Chinese have only hatred in their eyes against these people, and they ask for money?
WTF? what does the children in phillipines have to do with the hostage situation?
Not all chinese people have hatred against these "people". thats pretty fuckin ignorant if you ask me.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #43
br2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

so everyone is seeing the same 2 ladies?
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #44
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Am I the only one surprised that some of you give 5 or 10 bucks to people "repping" a "charity" they've never heard of?

Scam or not (which it probably is 99% chance), please only donate money to causes you actually support or trust. I know your heart is in the right place when you do this but it does take away from legit charities, where you KNOW the money is going where you want it.

If it's proven that these are 100% scam, we should just go around looking for them and if they ask for money, punch them in the face - that should put an end to it pretty quick.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Interesting...never came across these people before.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #46
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Always see them infront of TD on number 3. Once infront of pearl castle I almost fell for it cause was just after the flooding in the phils.

Next time I see these girls il negotiate for a blowjob, or a clean house.
Posted via RS Mobile
Do you really want blowjobs from these old ladies? o_O

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #47
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Wow, I thought it was just me. I ran into them 3 times in total. All three times were at Superstore. One time I was going to work and she just leeched onto me and wouldn't leave, but I just walked away. The second time I was with my buddy and the same woman asked us for money. I didn't have any bills so I just dumped all my pennies and dimes into the bucket, while my buddy only had bills and no change so the bitch had the audacity to ask if he would donate the bills and if he wouldn't, she would follow him to the counters to exchange for coins. One time I was with my mama and another bitch asked us for money, I was like "MOTHER DON'T DO IT!!!!" But too late, my mother already took out some change.

I also hate the scouts people that block the doors at Richmond Centre and ask for money, like fuck you seriously, if I want to donate, I wouldn't need you to remind me, and maybe I don't want to donate to that certain cause.
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
must beat his left hand.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #49

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
Meh. A female mouth IS a female mouth lol. Plus, the ones I saw weren't exactly old ladies, maybe mid 30 early 40's
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #50
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Wow, I thought it was just me. I ran into them 3 times in total. All three times were at Superstore. One time I was going to work and she just leeched onto me and wouldn't leave, but I just walked away. The second time I was with my buddy and the same woman asked us for money. I didn't have any bills so I just dumped all my pennies and dimes into the bucket, while my buddy only had bills and no change so the bitch had the audacity to ask if he would donate the bills and if he wouldn't, she would follow him to the counters to exchange for coins. One time I was with my mama and another bitch asked us for money, I was like "MOTHER DON'T DO IT!!!!" But too late, my mother already took out some change.

I also hate the scouts people that block the doors at Richmond Centre and ask for money, like fuck you seriously, if I want to donate, I wouldn't need you to remind me, and maybe I don't want to donate to that certain cause.
Yeah, these things are totally the same.

You know, one being a scam and all while the other being a legitimate youth organization that lacks funding.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: