REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #26
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Man these PUA books are sprouting up everywhere! I haven't touched that stuff for awhile but I guess there's nothing to contribute since v.Rossi has it all summed up perfectly.

But I just wanna add that you need to get over your shyness. It really doesn't get you anywhere. I used to be a little shy, not completely but I look back at all these social situations that I never capitalized on because of my shyness.

I noticed what works best for me is to be cocky & funny, tease her a lot, and be random.

What I mean by cocky & funny is to say something cocky (obviously) but in a VERY OBVIOUSLY JOKING WAY. If you're a skinny person, make a joke about how built you are or something like that. But make sure it comes off as sarcastic and a joke or you you just look like an idiot. Conan O'Brien does this all the time and I grew up loving his humor so it rubbed off on me.

Teasing is pretty self explanatory I think. You pretty much want the "*punch to the arm* omg shutup! lol" kinda reaction.

And for randomness I can use a recent date I had with a shy, Taiwanese girl as an example.

When I picked her up for our date, as soon as she got in the car you can feel the nervousness, especially in her because she was quiet and stuff. Deep down, I was nervous as fuck too but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. I was random and always talking bout whatever shit that came to mind, making jokes and stuff, tapping my hands to the music, keeping the fun energy up and basically trying to make her feel comfortable. Now that I think about it I was a borderline crazy person lol.

It look maybe 15 minutes or so and next thing you know she felt comfortable around me and as if she knew me for a long time. She told me during dinner how other guys she dated were quiet and shy and shit and the date was awkward but it wasn't like that around me.

So basically put up the front that you're feeling comfortable and it'll rub off on them.

Sorry, I was planning on making this short but I went off on a rant that kinda went no where, oops. I better sleep lol.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx

Last edited by DanHibiki; 10-28-2010 at 06:44 PM.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #27
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post
Man these PUA books are sprouting up everywhere! I haven't touched that stuff for awhile but I guess there's nothing to contribute since v.Rossi has it all summed up perfectly.

But I just wanna add that you need to get over your shyness. It really doesn't get you anywhere. I used to be a little shy, not completely but I look back at all these social situations that I never capitalized because of my shyness.

I noticed what works best for me is to be cocky & funny, tease her a lot, and be random.

What I mean by cocky & funny is to something cocky (obviously) but in a VERY OBVIOUSLY JOKING WAY. If you're a skinny person, make a joke about how built you are or something like that. But make sure it comes off as sarcastic and a joke or you you just look like an idiot.

Teasing is pretty self explanatory I think. You pretty much want the "*punch to the arm omg shutup! lol" kinda reaction.

And for randomness I can use a recent date I had with a shy, Taiwanese girl.

When I picked her up for our date, as soon as she got in the car you can feel the nervousness, especially in her because she was quiet and stuff. Deep down, I was nervous as fuck too but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. I was random and always talking bout whatever shit that came to mind, making jokes and stuff, tapping my hands to the music, keeping the fun energy up and basically trying to make her feel comfortable. Now that I think about it I was a borderline crazy person lol.

It look maybe 15 minutes or so and next thing you know she felt comfortable around me and as if she knew me for a long time. She told me during dinner how other guys she dated were quiet and shy and shit and the date was awkward but it wasn't like that around me.

So basically put up the front that you're feeling comfortable and it'll rub off on them.

Sorry, I was planning on making this short but I went off on a rant that kinda went no where, oops. I better sleep lol.
pictures of said Taiwanese girl
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
^^ hey im not the only person that does that
Old 10-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #29
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
pictures of said Taiwanese girl
lol not gonna happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
^^ hey im not the only person that does that
Which part?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #30
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Get your best friend to arrange an outing with you and your frnds, along with her and her frnds. Then you can introduce yourself, and from there just be casual and see how she reacts. Just try not to be too quite lol
temp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post

But I just wanna add that you need to get over your shyness. It really doesn't get you anywhere. I used to be a little shy, not completely but I look back at all these social situations that I never capitalized on because of my shyness.

What I mean by cocky & funny is to something cocky (obviously) but in a VERY OBVIOUSLY JOKING WAY. If you're a skinny person, make a joke about how built you are or something like that. But make sure it comes off as sarcastic and a joke or you you just look like an idiot.

Teasing is pretty self explanatory I think. You pretty much want the "*punch to the arm omg shutup! lol" kinda reaction.

And for randomness I can use a recent date I had with a shy, Taiwanese girl as an example.

"You pretty much want the "*punch to the arm omg shutup! lol" kinda reaction."
I couldnt have worded it better myself.

Some people are too shy to do that kinda stuff, but if you know me you would know i am not shy at all. Just being funny is all it takes for a girl to be attracted to you.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #32
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
"You pretty much want the "*punch to the arm omg shutup! lol" kinda reaction."
I couldnt have worded it better myself.

Some people are too shy to do that kinda stuff, but if you know me you would know i am not shy at all. Just being funny is all it takes for a girl to be attracted to you.
this is not working for me at all. every time i meet a new girl and i joke around and get this reaction, it somehow puts me in the "friend zone" where i don't wanna be. care to help me out and explain why this happens?
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Yea, you don't want a punch in the arm, you want her lips on your cock.

What I found works best for me is stop the nice guy approach. That only gets you friendzoned. You gotta be a man and take control of situation. Be like a caveman and drag her by the hair!

But yeah, I just find too many jokes can get distracting and eventually it'll just be fake laughs.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
this is not working for me at all. every time i meet a new girl and i joke around and get this reaction, it somehow puts me in the "friend zone" where i don't wanna be. care to help me out and explain why this happens?
example of some of ur jokes?

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
example of some of ur jokes?
I would highly suggest straying far far away from the "Well you better comeback with a good goddamn sandwich" jokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #36
I STILL don't get it

I am in a similar situation and pretty much have done all the steps that palepilsenpin0y outlined (MSN, phone #, date). It took a bit of balls since OP sounds like the type of person I am. Luckily we had a mutual friend that offered to help, and so I've seen her a couple times. Unfortunately for me, the girl has only been out of a long-term relationship for probably a month or so, so it would appear (or is) that she wouldn't want a relationship for now. Any ways to work around this?
kaitamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #37
Unauthorized Spammer

invite her to party and have fun!!!!
mipy666 is offline   Reply With Quote