REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #51
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
250hp (crank) + FWD + MCPHERSON? + 2800 lbs DRY WEIGHT? + Needs aftermarket camber kits?
You're only making 250hp modded?

GO Check the lap times for Fastest STOCK miata vs Fastest STOCK RSX. @ MISSION

Miata only needs 170hp crank to match your straight line.

You got no right to brag. Here is why:

Miata

stock All wishbone suspension
stock Camber adjustment
stock Camber Pattern
stock WEIGHT: 2200 lbs FULL Load. + Spare tire groceries etc.
stock Multiple LSD options.
stock Hyper short gear ratios (Integra TYPE R territory)
stock TURBO READY motor.
RWD
FLIP UP HEADLIGHTS! (depending on year)
(Now that's a recipe for a sports car)

There is a reason why MAZDA SPECIFICALLY did not put more power in to that car. Find out why before you talk shit laaaaaaaaaaa diiiiiuuuuuu.

lol And for the record, My RSX is a grocery car! + My Autobox Integra is faster then my rsx. That's the painful truth.
not that its any of my business, and i am not arguing or defending anyone. but i think mugen evolution was talking about S2000. in which case, it is also RWD.

never seen a RSX have 250 bhp ;o
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #52
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Lolthread.
S2k? Still 2700-800 lb. 240hp for 60,70k? Lol no thanks. 150ft-lb torque at 7500?? Wheres Ur mid range? Keep in mind, 240hp/150tq is including vtec. But of course every corner exit is full throttle, bau vtec-ing right?
If anything seems like the s is the more womanly car. Screams all day, but doesn't really seem to get anywhere. At the end of the day, the gay hair dresser's car is going to leave ur baby honda in the dust. Unless all u care about is horsepower and straight line. But ur not that simple.. Right?
Oh, and if u want power? U can easily make 200+hp (and torque too!) on the Miata with less than $1000. And it's not gonna dump oil out the vtec solenoid.
Posted via RS Mobile
mx555 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx555 View Post
Lolthread.
S2k? Still 2700-800 lb. 240hp for 60,70k? Lol no thanks. 150ft-lb torque at 7500?? Wheres Ur mid range? Keep in mind, 240hp/150tq is including vtec. But of course every corner exit is full throttle, bau vtec-ing right?
If anything seems like the s is the more womanly car. Screams all day, but doesn't really seem to get anywhere. At the end of the day, the gay hair dresser's car is going to leave ur baby honda in the dust. Unless all u care about is horsepower and straight line. But ur not that simple.. Right?
Oh, and if u want power? U can easily make 200+hp (and torque too!) on the Miata with less than $1000. And it's not gonna dump oil out the vtec solenoid.
Posted via RS Mobile
An s2000, even when brand new is $52,140 from a dealership. Your looking at $58396.80. No where close to $70,000.00. You can purchase one for about 13k-25k
You have to realise even though the s2000 does not have much in the area of torque, a simple final drive swap will dramatically change the characteristic of the vehicle. One of the reason why the S2000 is such a great car is because it is a momentum car just like all honda's sports car's ever built. (ITR, NSX, S2000) You need skill to be able to drive these car's fast. The list goes on on why this car is good ( chasis, engine, suspension, weight distrub etc )
I'm not bashing the miata, It is a great vehicle to drive for budget racers and I've driven some beastly miata's.
But don't get to the point where your comparing apples to oranges just because they grow on tree's. They're not the same.
Miata's are great, and so are s2000's. There's no such thing as a guy's or girls car, True car enthusiast wouldn't care how society views their vehicle, Only how it performs. Time to grow up kids

Last edited by truong; 11-09-2010 at 02:43 AM.
truong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 AM   #54

Quote:
so stuck up on the 140 horses (and power in general) that u cant see very far can u? ur honda makes how many horses, but how much torque? with how much weight?
the whole point of a miata is not to slow in, fast out of a corner. it is to maintain as much speed as possible through the corner. ie. fast in, fast out.
don't believe the little miata can whoop ass? go to even just any random autocross event. there are things a miata can't do, other cars simply just can't touch.
any dumbass can drive a high power car fast.
Try taking that to a track and not just to cone dodging events or mission. A light weight car will always have the advantage @ mission

You basically answered your own qeustion(assuming you qeustions are rhetorical), How much torque does a s2000 make? Not a whole lot and how much does it weigh ? 2800lbs
But some how it still manages to be a great sports car being campared to exiges in terms of cornering capabilities a mistake perhaps? Highly unlikely. There aren't much differences between an s2000 and a miata. both 4 cyc, both roadsters, both giant slayers.
And not every dumbass can drive a " high power car " fast. Trust me, Ever try driving a rwd car in the rain? with no traction control ? I like to see you drive that car fast

Last edited by truong; 11-09-2010 at 02:50 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 04:38 AM   #55
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Not every gets the miata. Just like not everyone gets RWD. Just so happens that this "drift" trend catches on and now people think its the shitz.

Lightness is the key. S2000 have more grip and is more precise. The miata on the other hand have less grip and rotates more. It has a short wheelbase. Its like a mini cooper thats rear wheel drive with double wishbone. This is what result in being more "nimble", more "throwable around corners".

Being a original NA miata owner, and owned or drove almost every Honda in existence since the 90's, as well as Boxsters, S4, IS300, M3 I have driven. You cannot achieve what the original miata was/is using today's safety standards. Much like the CRX Si back in the day, you cannot have a <2000lb car from the factory anymore. I dont care if u make it a 80 hp car and only seats 2. Once you add the safety bars, the airbags, the stereo, the thick carpeting, you are back to 3000lbs. BMW call their 1 series "light" at 000lbs. What a joke. Finesse cannot be compensated by more power, including the S2000.

If you want this level of "Finesse" now-a-days from a new car, the only other way is getting an Elise or Exige. Try looking at an Elise 111s and tell me thats gay, which have less power then a civic. Its made from the same philosophy. In fact the original Miata team included consults from Lotus, and was penned after the Elan.

Last edited by BoredAtWork; 11-09-2010 at 04:52 AM.
BoredAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #56
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Lolthread.
Posted via RS Mobile
A Miata is an s2k without vtec. S2k's midrange is a Miata's top end. And who doesn't like a screamer?

When did this turn into a bashfest? The differences between the two are a result of the slight difference in price. Still both are really good cars.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #57
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
250hp (crank) + FWD + MCPHERSON? + 2800 lbs DRY WEIGHT? + Needs aftermarket camber kits?
You're only making 250hp modded?

GO Check the lap times for Fastest STOCK miata vs Fastest STOCK RSX. @ MISSION

Miata only needs 170hp crank to match your straight line.

You got no right to brag. Here is why:

Miata

stock All wishbone suspension
stock Camber adjustment
stock Camber Pattern
stock WEIGHT: 2200 lbs FULL Load. + Spare tire groceries etc.
stock Multiple LSD options.
stock Hyper short gear ratios (Integra TYPE R territory)
stock TURBO READY motor.
RWD
FLIP UP HEADLIGHTS! (depending on year)
(Now that's a recipe for a sports car)

There is a reason why MAZDA SPECIFICALLY did not put more power in to that car. Find out why before you talk shit laaaaaaaaaaa diiiiiuuuuuu.

lol And for the record, My RSX is a grocery car! + My Autobox Integra is faster then my rsx. That's the painful truth.

o really? mr genius?

go find me another N/A 2.0L engine with bolt ons none race header yet with ecu that makes 205whp
alright?

buttom line, miatas are gay simple as that

if i wanted a roadster s2k hands down
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #58
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Coming from a Miata person........ S2K can easily surpass the Miata with ease. Just ask 949Racing who plays in both S2K Challenge and Miata Challenge. You may like the Miata more but that doesn't make it any faster.
Deepstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #59

Oh don't get me wrong, I've gotten my fair share of the s2000.
I was merely applying the same sort of "philosophy" some people have on here, towards cars with let's say..hidden characteristics.
Point being, if u look at the s on paper, it doesn't seem like much. If u look at the Miata, it doesn't seem like much either.
Comparing apples and apples, the 350z has much more power, why isn't the s2000 being called a "gutless" pansymobile?
While the Miata, whose power was roughly on par, goes like stink as well, dominates the performance driving world, stays a fagbag?
Those that have never driven cars anywhere close to the limits will never be able to appreciate the characteristics of cars. Let alone talk out of their asses and being so fucking arrogant at the same time. Keep that shit to ur car magazine reading time thanks.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
o really? mr genius?

go find me another N/A 2.0L engine with bolt ons none race header yet with ecu that makes 205whp
alright?

buttom line, miatas are gay simple as that

if i wanted a roadster s2k hands down
Wth are u talking about?? LOL
So what if u make 205 wheel. What does that get u? 205whp on a 2800lb car. So what's ur point?
The guy never said he could find a more hp/liter motor. He merely stated Ur car is slow cuz it's fat.
U mad?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #61
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
At the end of the day, the gay hair dresser's car is going to leave ur baby honda in the dust.
no.

Buddy I spent the last page defending your car, but if you're going to start pulling things out of your ass, you're on your own.

Fact: I spent my last track day passing miata after miata all day long. Sorry.

Fact: Yeah you're super competitive in autocross.. WITHIN YOUR OWN CLASS. Miatas are in C-stock, along with Mini Coopers and base model Saturn Skys. A-stock cars like the S2000 are handicapped on times to give you a fair fight. Take away that handicap and try it then.

Absolutely there are lots of guys out there driving miatas that could take me - but they're far better drivers. Equal drivers, and anything short of so many mods it might as well be an S2000? You'd have to be out of your mind to think a miata would come even remotely close. It'd be like beating a garbage bag full of babies with a shovel .

You're living in a dream world.

Last edited by RabidRat; 11-09-2010 at 08:53 AM.
RabidRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #62

=D
*I know a few guys that went from Miata to s2000 as well, but Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Let's not talk about that..hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by mx555; 11-09-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #63
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
^ Lol shit if it turns out I know you IRL I'm gonna be doing a lot of apologizing over beer

edit: but you're still a douchebag.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #64
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Wth are u talking about?? LOL
So what if u make 205 wheel. What does that get u? 205whp on a 2800lb car. So what's ur point?
The guy never said he could find a more hp/liter motor. He merely stated Ur car is slow cuz it's fat.
U mad?
Posted via RS Mobile
IHE DC5 on street tires is capable running 13.7 1/4 mile, its not lighting fast but at least its able to keep up with a lot of 300-350hp cars

stock 350z runs low 14s just for your information
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
^ Lol shit if it turns out I know you IRL I'm gonna be doing a lot of apologizing over beer

edit: but you're still a douchebag.
thanks haha

Aahahaha it's the iinnterrrrneeetzz man. Who cares!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #66
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
less argue, more piczz for the haterzz kthxbye

jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #67
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Lolthread.
Posted via RS Mobile
lol wtf, all the s2k owners here were defending Miata and showing our love, yet all of a sudden you, a Miata owner, starts insulting s2k?
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #68
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Driving a Miata doesn't make you gay. It's just a girly car.. so what if you're a girly man? There's a manly girl out there for you, if that's how you roll..

Now driving a Mini Cooper convertible.. that will turn you gay.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #69
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
lol wtf, all the s2k owners here were defending Miata and showing our love, yet all of a sudden you, a Miata owner, starts insulting s2k?
Unrequited love... sigh that's the worst kind lol

Can't we all just get along?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #70
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #71
Banned (ABWS)

:IDL:noob:
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #72

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I've gotten my fair share of the s2000.
I was merely applying the same sort of "philosophy" some people have on here, towards cars with let's say..hidden characteristics.
Point being, if u look at the s on paper, it doesn't seem like much. If u look at the Miata, it doesn't seem like much either.
Comparing apples and apples, the 350z has much more power, why isn't the s2000 being called a "gutless" pansymobile?
While the Miata, whose power was roughly on par, goes like stink as well, dominates the performance driving world, stays a fagbag?
Posted via RS Mobile
Why would the s2000 be in comparison with a 350z and still, no one would consider it a panzi car? Because it performs shit for brains.
Even though the miata dominates, It only does that with in its class. And what class might that be in?
I'm sure not a lot of people have taken their car to the limits, Stop talking out your ass just because you've attended a few autocross days.

Last edited by truong; 11-09-2010 at 01:24 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #73
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #74
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg View Post
A Miata is an s2k without vtec.
can be fixed