REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 AM   #4176
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
they're predicting a 200 mm dump of snow. Vancouver will cease to exist.
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2016, 05:41 AM   #4177
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
I'm an old timer............ what is 200mm? I need inches. Gulololol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #4178
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
It's colder in Burnaby right now than Abbotsford.......... Mission, lol. That place is always colder and wetter than anywhere in the Lower Fraser Valley. It's -17 over there. I keep track of the weather in Mission, because Mission Raceway Park. It's on my app. I chuckle all the time. I never make fun of where people live, with the exception of Lomac's buttfuck nowhere, but Mission is not a place I would want to take roots.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:14 AM   #4179
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I'm an old timer............ what is 200mm? I need inches. Gulololol.
8 inches and I'm with you fuck Millimeters.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 06:18 AM   #4180
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maneetkaran View Post
As homeowners are you guys shoveling "your" area of the sidewalk?

I shovel my part, but today as I was walking down from imperial and canada way, not a single house had "their" sidewalk shoveled.
I still haven't had any snow that sticks but typically if I"m out there I'd shovel my neighbors on both sides. It's a good deal, I haven't had to mow the grass in front of my house (that strip the city owns) in 4 years because my neighbor does it for me.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:40 AM   #4181
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody View Post
And the ppl that didn't get any bitched about how one guy had like 10 bags in his cart.. Haha..
that just means those people can buy bags of salt off of him on CL for $15-20/bag

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:41 AM   #4182
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
I'm kind of excited for the snow! Both cars have their snow tires mounted and everything.

.... But I live 1.5km from work, so I can just walk lol. I feel really bad for people who have long commutes. Clarksonsmugface.jpg
Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #4183
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I buy some every year. Even if it doesn't snow or freeze. I have enough. BTW, regular salt doesn't work below a certain temperature. It becomes useless
Salt stops working somewhere after -6C or for MG1 21F.
In other provinces, they tend to throw sand over top to try to get traction on ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #4184
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
So far, this first snow fall reminds me of the snow fall of 2002 or was it 2003.
After the snow fall, the following days were sunny and cloud free but cold which meant lots of ice on all the side streets.
I'm hoping it stays cold enough that I can go skating on ponds this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:12 AM   #4185
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
drove my FRS for the first time since Sunday

will last a day before snowfall today

how is the salt stock @ canadian tire and home depot in richmond?

everyong raging to buy it?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #4186
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
still a bit dubious on how bad it will actually be
it's never as bad as the warnings

but at least it looks like they will be more prepared this time around
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #4187
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
someone asked about this:

Ice damage from Port Mann, Alex Fraser bridges to get government funds | Vancouver Sun

Quote:
The B.C. government will pay the deductible for vehicles damaged by falling ice and slush on the Alex Fraser and Port Mann bridges during Monday’s storm, Transportation Minister Todd Stone said Tuesday.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the Insurance Corp. of B.C. had received 40 such claims — 30 from owners of vehicles crossing the Alex Fraser and 10 from the Port Mann, spokesman Sam Corea said in an emailed statement.

“ICBC is reviewing the claims from the bridges, but it appears most are for windshield damage and a few with hood or roof damage,” he said.

“We’re very thankful that no one was hurt during these incidents, but we are not happy at all that vehicles were damaged by falling snow and ice.”

The Transportation Investment Corp. will also refund tolls for affected drivers on the Port Mann, Stone said.

Drivers whose vehicles were damaged by falling snow or ice on either bridge Monday should first contact ICBC to start a claim, Stone said, and then call the B.C. Ministry of Transportation at (604) 424-8240 to have their deductible refunded.

“I want to say very clearly to the people of British Columbia that we can and we will do better.”

Stone said all the safety measures will be deployed before the next snowfall hits Metro Vancouver, which weather forecasts predict will be on Thursday.

Officials did a full inspection of the cables and towers of both bridges. “I’m advised that there is no accumulation of snow or ice on either the Port Mann and Alex Fraser,” he said, adding that officials will continue to closely monitor both bridges.

On the Alex Fraser Bridge, de-icing agents are being sprayed on the cross-beams and tower ahead of the next snowfall. This will be repeated multiple times to prevent snow and ice accumulation, Stone said. Because cables don’t cross the travelling lanes on the Alex Fraser, it’s rare for snow or ice to hit cars below, he said, adding that high winds on Monday could have played a role. It is also possible the de-icer on the Alex Fraser wasn’t applied early enough or frequently enough on Monday, he added.

On the Port Mann, there are 30 collars fitted around each of the bridge’s 288 cables, which drop down to dislodge any snow or ice that has accumulated on the cables. The collars were fitted on the bridge cables in 2013 after dozens of cars were damaged by falling snow and ice on the bridge in December 2012.

“The collars are dropped at sufficient frequency to ensure that any dislodged materials are small, to prevent damage to vehicles.”

This did not happen on Monday, so on Thursday the contractor will run the collar system more frequently and earlier in the snowfall to knock off any accumulation, Stone said.

There will be stepped-up monitoring of both bridges in the coming days, and officials are investigating the damage to vehicles on Monday to see if any other measures need to be put in place.

tacarman@postmedia.com

twitter.com/tarajcarman
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 12-08-2016 at 07:35 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #4188
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
ice salt is sold out in lots of places. we use a lot of it at work and yesterday we couldn't find any. when i went home i stopped by army and navy and bought 6 big bags, they only had 2 left after that.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #4189
Witness protection

i bought a bucket of alaskan ice melt last year from costco and only now am i getting to use it... not sure if they have any this year if nothing else is available?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 12-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #4190
Witness protection

newsflash...

Alex Fraser Bridge may shut down if snow storm becomes too severe | iNews880

Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 AM   #4191

lmfao my strata's building manager bought 40 sacks of salt a few years ago "because it was on sale."

we've literally used like a bag since then
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #4192
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
lmfao my strata's building manager bought 40 sacks of salt a few years ago "because it was on sale."

black market it on the RS yo...... promise you will not go to jail

you are selling the legal salt, not bathsalt

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #4193
God of Unce

Brace yourselves, winter is coming.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #4194
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody View Post
I was at Canadian tire (grand view Hwy location) picking up a shovel. The guys brought in a full pallet of road salt. Ppl were like vultures all gone within 5 mins. And the ppl that didn't get any bitched about how one guy had like 10 bags in his cart.. Haha.. Anyways, Canadian tire will have more road salt at 10am dec08.
Sounds like that old Costco, pallet of milk situation.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #4195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
black market it on the RS yo...... promise you will not go to jail
gonna wait til the snow comes and stores run out first then put some up for sale and pad up that CRF
Old 12-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #4196
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

Strata's love to waste your money if left un-monitored.

5 bags in reserve I can understand, but to buy basically a pallet just to continuously stockpile the stuff is really wasteful. Not to mention if it gets wet it becomes useless, so it needs to be stored properly.

My office isn't far from metrotown, and it's on a decently steep little hill, city of burnaby never came by to plow our two access roads, and it completely froze over, I pulled a guy in a minivan (towing a uhaul) up our hill yesterday. Our guys eventually got tired of the shit show and broke out our bobcat and plowed/scraped the entire street clean. Luckily for us we have the tools and capacity, but ridiculous that after 3 days the city never even bothered to come sand the motherfucker. Like I understand that they can't really plow the frozen hard shit after the first day, but atleast come throw something on it so it ain't a sheet of ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
In other provinces, they tend to throw sand over top to try to get traction on ice.
Sand is a very polite term for it, up north here in BC, they appear to use like 2" minus gravel. Fuckin' ridiculous, I got 3 rock chips just from PG to Smithers a few weeks ago.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #4197
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
i paid like $13.99 for a 10kg bag yesterday at army and navy..
usually we pay like $3-4 at walmart for the same size bag.

it's a safety issue though so nothing we can do
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #4198
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
So far, this first snow fall reminds me of the snow fall of 2002 or was it 2003.
After the snow fall, the following days were sunny and cloud free but cold which meant lots of ice on all the side streets.
I'm hoping it stays cold enough that I can go skating on ponds this weekend.
i believe that winter and 1998 were the only white christmases i had in vancouver. The snow/ice stuck around for like a solid 2-3 weeks then. I remember the news reported poorly mobile seniors were getting bed sores because most handidarts did not run.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #4199
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
A place some don't think about looking for ice melt if everywhere else is sold out is Petsmart or other pet supply stores. They carry pet safe ice melt, was at Petsmart the other day and they had a bunch still, might cost a bit more than regular ice melt but if you really need some, will do.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #4200
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
sweeeet... gonna check that out..

need some salt before i head to Van