REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #4876
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You an architect bud, jimmies obviously rustled. I work with plenty of Architects to many to name and mostly they are all the same. I'm sorry if the truth hurts but it is what it is. I deal with a lot of projects in all phases from design build to pricing already designed buildings.

I'm not going to be petty and fail you for your opinion like you did to me even if you're mistaken but I can assure you I've been doing this a lot longer then you have so go stew about how wrong I am. Have a great day and wonderful holiday season.
to the defense of the design team sometimes they don't know exactly what some product costs. budgets could be off or given a bad number, sales agents doing whatever can play games. sometimes a designer says an item is worth $xx when it's actually $xxx and you wonder where that number came from. someone had to tell them that...

current thread topic reminds me of this old joke i remember back in school..but i think it was oversize columns vs schedule.
Spoiler!
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Last edited by GLOW; 12-22-2016 at 12:41 PM.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #4877
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
If an architect isn't basing figures on the current, real, numbers available are they even doing their job?

I'm sure with things like the port Mann bridge there are special interests all over the place but for the most part in building if we dealt with an architect who designed somthing there we were going to lose money on a project, that design would have been shot down long before tender, not get to the point of completion and realize prices are out of whack.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #4878
My homepage has been set to RS

My company deals with architects on a daily basis, and it completely depends on the architect, client, and project. Some architects design something beautiful, but when you run the proforma analysis, it just doesn't pan out and you have to scale back.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #4879
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Go make a thread called ARCHITECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is about snow. And it's supposed to snow again next Monday, so go stock up on ice and shit if you need.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #4880
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
This meme makes me rage. First off it's completely untrue. Second, NASA hates fire because of the whole "fire makes everybody die in space thing" and is very hardcore when it comes to prohibiting flammable materials -- like the wood in pencils. Third, graphite as broken bits and in its powder form within a zero-gravity environment could cause damage to the very expensive, very precise scientific equipment used in space. Fourth, the Russians and everybody else, since it's inception, also use and have always used the Fischer space pen.
Actually, they do use (mechanical) pencils on the ISS as well. Here's your definitive answer from an actual NASA employee: https://www.quora.com/Is-the-story-t...st-1?srid=hzQQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #4881
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

This is about snow. And it's supposed to snow again next Monday, so go stock up on ice and shit if you need.
why would I stock up on ice? isn't ice just frozen, compacted snow?
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #4882
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
why would I stock up on ice? isn't ice just frozen, compacted snow?
ice is frozen water, but ok
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #4883
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
ice is frozen water, but ok
You are correct. I hope you've stocked up. Cause Monday...
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #4884
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Boxing Day + snow + ice + Vancouver drivers

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #4885
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Boxing Day + snow + ice + Vancouver drivers

what could possibly go wrong?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #4886
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
its not that icy on the road. most of the roads that i drove on are already gone. feels like a normal rainy day
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #4887
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Some side streets and sidewalks are still icy. Main roads are pretty much clear.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2016, 02:49 AM   #4888
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You an architect bud, jimmies obviously rustled. I work with plenty of Architects to many to name and mostly they are all the same. I'm sorry if the truth hurts but it is what it is. I deal with a lot of projects in all phases from design build to pricing already designed buildings.
There is a small subset of architecture at it's upper end where your comment would hold its weight. However your choice of language tells me your local so I doubt you're working on avant garde projects with ZHA.

Your many years of experience within a single, architectutally homogenous geography will never be enough to make such scathing generalizations about an industry you choose to remain ignorant about.

Being at the top of the hierarchy means we're always assigned all the blame. You of all people should know that large projects are always tendered for construction. If you or your boss submits a unreasonably low bid that's your fucking problem.

My last project was $350,000,000 USD. Like i said before, you either work on shit projects or dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #4889
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
snowing good in south surrey.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #4890
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
north surrey is just wet snow... for now?

driving through burnaby i passed a convoy of garabage trucks on canada way that were running snow chains. it's about time. we haven't had garbage collection in two weeks and there are rats everywhere
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 12-23-2016 at 07:15 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:40 AM   #4891
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
There is a small subset of architecture at it's upper end where your comment would hold its weight. However your choice of language tells me your local so I doubt you're working on avant garde projects with ZHA.

Your many years of experience within a single, architectutally homogenous geography will never be enough to make such scathing generalizations about an industry you choose to remain ignorant about.

Being at the top of the hierarchy means we're always assigned all the blame. You of all people should know that large projects are always tendered for construction. If you or your boss submits a unreasonably low bid that's your fucking problem.

My last project was $350,000,000 USD. Like i said before, you either work on shit projects or dont know what the fuck you're talking about.
I'm not trying to get into a dick measuring contest you take one sentence that is true in my experience and question everything I do. You're right I am local typically only involved with projects in Western Canada. I work primarily in commercial projects, hospitals, schools, universities, malls, airports all the way down to TI work for retail. Some projects are quite substantial well others are very small.

Did I make a generalization? Yes I did. Is there truth to that generalization, yes there is. Is it that way on every project, no probably not.

I'm sure Architects have there own set of challenges, I don't know what information there given I'm only making statements on what I see come down the pipe. In many cases the problem could be the client, I don't see that I only know from budget phase to IFC's there is almost always removal of the high cost features and there replaced with lower cost options at either the clients or the builders request. So many times I've looked at drawings and said wow this looks really nice but do they have any idea what it costs? Most times those items are deleted.

We're so off topic I'm going to end this conversation here, if you want to create an Architect or Builders thread feel free and I'll chime in. I do apologize if I offended you, we obviously see the projects from two different ends and perspectives. Truly have a good Christmas and a happy new year.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #4892

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Wet snow this morning in Aldergrove through to Langley and traffic was light. Flakes have gotten much bigger since then.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #4893
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
MOAR SNOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #4894
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Any snow out in Coquitlam? I'm heading out to Lee Valley this morning. Not sure which vehicle to take. One only has all seasons. The other has very good tires, but gas guzzler, lol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #4895
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
don't be cheap its only gas... I'm in Poco and its just raining right now.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:30 AM   #4896
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
but gas prices have been going up $0.01 each day this week

go to the leevalley in vancouver instead
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #4897

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Any snow out in Coquitlam? I'm heading out to Lee Valley this morning. Not sure which vehicle to take. One only has all seasons. The other has very good tires, but gas guzzler, lol.
Me too, but Marine Drive. I need 1/8" tapered drill bits. Damn things are over $6 now.

Last edited by N.V.M.; 12-23-2016 at 08:49 AM.
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #4898
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Quote:
you seem to go to Lee valley a fair bit so maybe you have had a similar experiance than me.. but the people working there seem fucking USELESS!!

lol.. i went once looking for specific hinges, buddy dealing with me mentioned "man i'm so tired.." like 4 times, couldnt find what i wanted, i had to flip through the book myself..

second time i explained what i needed for a window latch, the guy just stood there and put zero effort into looking up what i needed, proceeded to flip through the book again without even looking at the pages in completely different sections than what i was looking for..
Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #4899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
you seem to go to Lee valley a fair bit so maybe you have had a similar experiance than me.. but the people working there seem fucking USELESS!!

lol.. i went once looking for specific hinges, buddy dealing with me mentioned "man i'm so tired.." like 4 times, couldnt find what i wanted, i had to flip through the book myself..

second time i explained what i needed for a window latch, the guy just stood there and put zero effort into looking up what i needed, proceeded to flip through the book again without even looking at the pages in completely different sections than what i was looking for..
Fill out the order form at the computer stations. All tool store employees are schleps. They all seem to be middle age beer bellies who don't want to be there.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #4900
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Drove from DT to Coq in a car with "new" summers (5 years 3k km lol).. besides the usual highway #1 ponds it is not that bad.

Quote:
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: