REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #126
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

uhh death2theft, where can i find awesome scion like yours? sounds like a lot better than my current car
Advertisement
younglude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #127
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Great actually I am in fifth gear doing 60km in the city because of super short gearing makes the engine seem very torquey. Actually one of the most annoying things about it is that on pzero neros it breaks traction going up wet hills all the time. Unlike the s2k , without a clutch dump you'd be struggling to break traction by 7k in the wet, absolutely MISERABLE. But hey if revving around at 9k makes you feel like the king of vtec then good for you. Personally if i'm revving that high i'd need to be in at least a sub 12 second car.
S2000 can be in 4th or 5th(maybe that's pushing it) doing 60 in the city. You seem to think that the s2000 needs to be in vtec all the time. Most of us don't drive like that (except Larry Chu). One of the nice things about the S2000 is that its like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You can cruise around below 6000rpms where it will make about the same power as your Scion and get pretty good gas mileage. If you want to have some fun go above 6k rpms and feel the rush with it still being legal. How much of the corvette's power can you actually use on the street? Its good to actually be able to open up the s2000 somewhat without being scared of legal consequences.

And what's all this talk about hills?!?!??
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #128
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I disagree it gets less gas mileage than a c5 vette and you've got no torque to boot. I think that may have to do with having the top down, however you'll be dealing with more noise on the highway than the corvette chugging along at 2krpm will. Of course the s2k will feel cramped to anyone over 150lbs where as the vette will have alot more room.
I guess it depends on what your idea of "fun" is being a wet city that rains most of the time, it's alot more fun to have torque down low than having to use vtec for passing or going up say the cut or mountain highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
S2000 can be in 4th or 5th(maybe that's pushing it) doing 60 in the city. You seem to think that the s2000 needs to be in vtec all the time. Most of us don't drive like that (except Larry Chu). One of the nice things about the S2000 is that its like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You can cruise around below 6000rpms where it will make about the same power as your Scion and get pretty good gas mileage. If you want to have some fun go above 6k rpms and feel the rush with it still being legal. How much of the corvette's power can you actually use on the street? Its good to actually be able to open up the s2000 somewhat without being scared of legal consequences.

And what's all this talk about hills?!?!??

Last edited by Death2Theft; 02-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #129

have you driven the car?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #130
RS controls my life!

Most of us posting aren't fanboiz we r owners for years with ap1s and ap2s...besides breaking traction before 7k? I break traction at vtec...5800

Anyways it is a good DD as long as u don't have back problems
Posted via RS Mobile
JDMCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #131
Banned (ABWS)

Woah, so it seems shit fights among retards is a universal trait of car forums?

Back on topic, I drive my s2k as a daily, in fact i've only had it about 2 weeks. If you often find yourself needing to carry people around to dinner, road trips etc, obviously a s2k isn't the best choice, but if you rarely carry people. i find the s2k is fine for daily use, even the trunk storage is enough for most uses.

The next question is, will it be your ONLY car, or do you have a second car with more space for weekends when you want to go away with friends or family.
rakfint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #132
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
A common trend I've noticed is a lot of S2000 owners have moved on from their vehicles yet they speak glowingly of the car and their desire to own another one again. This leads me to believe the reality of dailying a 2 seat roadster is not for the majority of people.

Levitron, since you mentioned you are willing to pay a little extra for the right car, it leads me to believe you have the funds to perhaps go for a more ideal situation:

- Buy an '02-'03 AP1 and save some cash vs the AP2 cars.
- Buy a reasonable winter vehicle like an older WRX, older 3 HB or whatever.

I think going from the amount of space and utility the MS3 provides to the S2000 would be a shock. It's the same reason I haven't made the jump.

Kev
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #133
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakfint View Post
Woah, so it seems shit fights among retards is a universal trait of car forums?

Back on topic, I drive my s2k as a daily, in fact i've only had it about 2 weeks. If you often find yourself needing to carry people around to dinner, road trips etc, obviously a s2k isn't the best choice, but if you rarely carry people. i find the s2k is fine for daily use, even the trunk storage is enough for most uses.

The next question is, will it be your ONLY car, or do you have a second car with more space for weekends when you want to go away with friends or family.
It'll be my "only" car in the sense that it will be my main driver. Hence that is why I am asking about it being a DD. I would have access to larger cars in my family so that's not too big of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
A common trend I've noticed is a lot of S2000 owners have moved on from their vehicles yet they speak glowingly of the car and their desire to own another one again. This leads me to believe the reality of dailying a 2 seat roadster is not for the majority of people.

Levitron, since you mentioned you are willing to pay a little extra for the right car, it leads me to believe you have the funds to perhaps go for a more ideal situation:

- Buy an '02-'03 AP1 and save some cash vs the AP2 cars.
- Buy a reasonable winter vehicle like an older WRX, older 3 HB or whatever.

I think going from the amount of space and utility the MS3 provides to the S2000 would be a shock. It's the same reason I haven't made the jump.

Kev
Yeah, honestly, I think going from the huge cargo area of the MS3 (plus that awesome glovebox) I kind of cringe at that thought. I believe I'll be aiming for an 03-04 AP1.
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #134

00-03 are ap1's
04-09 are ap2's
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #135
Banned By Establishment

holyshit so I just scanned through this thread

and what I just took in is..

Scion TC is better.....up a hill
Vtak doesn't break traction till 7k
and corvettes are slower than boosted s2ks.

okay...

Scion TCs are garbage..
S2k is a TRUE sports car, but definetely cannot even compare to a vette.
Skyline350gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #136
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Talk about stealing a thread ..., I feel for the op! All this crap an not much about the original question...,

ddonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #137
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglude View Post
00-03 are ap1's
04-09 are ap2's
Ahh yes. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddonovan View Post
Talk about stealing a thread ..., I feel for the op! All this crap an not much about the original question...,

I don't mind. Got traffic on my thread
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #138
#savethemanuals

Quote:
I disagree it gets less gas mileage than a c5 vette and you've got no torque to boot. I think that may have to do with having the top down, however you'll be dealing with more noise on the highway than the corvette chugging along at 2krpm will. Of course the s2k will feel cramped to anyone over 150lbs where as the vette will have alot more room.
I guess it depends on what your idea of "fun" is being a wet city that rains most of the time, it's alot more fun to have torque down low than having to use vtec for passing or going up say the cut or mountain highway.
Then that's your preference for low end torque. Some people like small, high revving engines. Again, all preference. About the s2k and torque - it has a useable amount of torque down low, more so in the ap2s. Sorry to get carried away OP but I hope this also helps you in your decision.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #139
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
OP, go test drive both AP1 and AP2. Nothing can convince you more than that. Whether it can be DD'd is really subjective, and none of us will know whether s2k as a DD is suitable for you or not. The truth is, there are plenty of people who DD it. This thread is useless now.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #140

I have no problem with small high revving engines. On a weekend toy car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Then that's your preference for low end torque. Some people like small, high revving engines. Again, all preference. About the s2k and torque - it has a useable amount of torque down low, more so in the ap2s. Sorry to get carried away OP but I hope this also helps you in your decision.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #141

Quote:
like your scion?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #142
#savethemanuals

Quote:
Do you believe that the s2000 doesn't have enough power for dd duties? Even below 6k rpm its more than enough for a dd.

What is your idea of a daily driver? A c5 corvette maybe? People are content to have scions as their dd and the s2000 has enough power even at 3-4k rpm to be a dd.

Last edited by Energy; 02-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #143

Younglude/jasonturbo get a room, and after you guys are done blowing each other, go take a class on reading. Jason seeing your delsol explains everything, the s2k is simply your hero next step up car. Clearly you are a diehard honda fanboy. When push comes to shove will ride the 2jz cock when honda can't hold it's own.
The scion is not a high revving engine. Younglude any car for 500$ will be better than what you have.

Energy it really depends how you use it. If you lived in richmond where it's flat and the cops are out to get imports, you'd never speed so it'd be ideal.
For DD use I'd be looking at four doors that can pass/overtake without having to down shift and kick in the vtak! Also something that wouldn't bother me when doordinged or scratched.
Having built cars with balls that are perfectly capable of DD duties, I would not use them for that just to get door dinged by some soccer mom in an suv.

The s2k is a great summer car. The top down summer months are great in it. Not so great when your stuck in gridlock.
As a DD your going to spend at least 4-5 months of the year looking at a shitty rag top with a cramped interior. If you own a pet? Forget about it. For the cost of the hard top you could buy a winter beater with snowtires.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 02-10-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #144

whoa dude, just whoa.

how do you know what i drive?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #145

I dont care what you drive. Unless it's an s2000.
You can continue to take pot shots at my DD, but if you had a pair you could man up and play with one of my weekend cars at mission for a $ race.
Quote:
whoa dude, just whoa.

how do you know what i drive?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #146
RS Veteran

I DD'd my S2000 for 2 years from Coquitlam to West Van 5 days a week.

I went from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock every time
frostedLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #147
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

To solve the no trunk space in an s2000

I can fit into it, and its not that bad

truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #148

Quote:
I dont care what you drive. Unless it's an s2000.
You can continue to take pot shots at my DD, but if you had a pair you could man up and play with one of my weekend cars at mission for a $ race.
what are these magical cars you drive on the weekends?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #149

Put up a wager starting at four digits to find out. PM for details.
Quote:
what are these magical cars you drive on the weekends?
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #150

ohhh secrets. how much fun

what are we 6? why don't you just post up