REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #151
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

No. 6 would be getting into another derailing topic debate with you. Besides most 6 year olds like yourself, wouldn't be able to afford the wager so that weeds them out. Thanks for coming out tho.
Advertisement
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #152
Si
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

this whole corvette deal reminds me of this video

Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #153
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
the s2k is one seat too many for me
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #154
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

haha- thanks for giving me a good laugh.

i guess my sub 500$ as you put it is no match for your awesome whips
younglude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #155
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Energy it really depends how you use it. If you lived in richmond where it's flat and the cops are out to get imports, you'd never speed so it'd be ideal.
For DD use I'd be looking at four doors that can pass/overtake without having to down shift and kick in the vtak! Also something that wouldn't bother me when doordinged or scratched.
Having built cars with balls that are perfectly capable of DD duties, I would not use them for that just to get door dinged by some soccer mom in an suv.

The s2k is a great summer car. The top down summer months are great in it. Not so great when your stuck in gridlock.
As a DD your going to spend at least 4-5 months of the year looking at a shitty rag top with a cramped interior. If you own a pet? Forget about it. For the cost of the hard top you could buy a winter beater with snowtires.
I live in richmond but drive to Vancouver everyday for school and am at burnaby often so I drive in a variety of areas. You said that I wouldn't speed in my car because of cops and yet you want a 4 door that can easily pass without downshifting? Seems contradictory.

I see your idea of a dd is something more practical (4 doors) with lots of torque down low? How about a diesel VW golf?

The point I'm trying to make is that the S2000 has more than enough power and is practical enough to dd while being a true sports car at the same time. Its not an "ideal dd" in the sense that its a two seater and has limited cargo space. In terms of power even if you never hit vtec (I actually tried this on my way home today haha) you won't notice it. In fact, when just cruising you'll rarely need to use vtec anyway.

Oh and the door dings suck, I have one, but it happens and fear of door dings won't stop me from enjoying my car.

So in summary, the s2000 is not a dd for you but others have dd'ed it and love the trade-off between practicality and it being a no compromises sports car? I hope that settles it and the op can just decide for himself whether he wants to join us or settle for something a bit less extreme
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #156
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Younglude/jasonturbo get a room, and after you guys are done blowing each other, go take a class on reading. Jason seeing your delsol explains everything, the s2k is simply your hero next step up car. Clearly you are a diehard honda fanboy. When push comes to shove will ride the 2jz cock when honda can't hold it's own.
The scion is not a high revving engine. Younglude any car for 500$ will be better than what you have.
If you ask me, I would say your new tactics for winning this arguement are pretty pathetic... it's obvious you are just trying to claw your way out of the "fail pit", ...there is a reason nobody is thanking your posts... it's cause your posts are retarded... why people aren't failing them is a mystery to me.

Please don't bash my reading, I think anyone following this thread can clearly see that we are on two very different scholastic levels. (You being the lesser of the two)

I'll keep this short and sweet so hopefully you will understand; Currently, I don't own a Del Sol, or anything else that has "Honda" on the registration. So I'm not really sure what you were getting at with the Del Sol/Fan-boy comments.

Regardless, why don't you take your shitty arguement and your mystery Scion, drive up a hill, and go fuck a goat.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #157
RS Veteran

Quote:
I dont care what you drive. Unless it's an s2000.
You can continue to take pot shots at my DD, but if you had a pair you could man up and play with one of my weekend cars at mission for a $ race.
Quite confident words challenging a 500whp 3100 lb car no?
frostedLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #158
RS Veteran

I would have more fun going up a hill on a 49cc Ruckus with my freshly conditioned sandy blonde hair blowing in the wind than I would going up a hill in a Scion.
frostedLS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #159
#savethemanuals

Death2theft has his points and obviously an s2k isn't for him so we can all agree and end it at that and just let the op decide?

At least he isn't a pompous a-hole that jerks off to himself when he argues like some other guy who started another thread on here heh.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #160

Quote:
I have driven all the engines I speak of. From n/a to forced induction setups. Except of course the xb, which would be a waste of $
You do realize your profile states that you own a 2004 XB right?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #161

I've had an s2k , have you? Right, it's so retarded that I point out things like having pzero neros. Too bad all your education hasn't taught you to read before you type. I speak from my experience. I see "education" has taught you to ride the dick of something you dont have woot 2jz for lyfe!. Where did you get your mail in diploma from?
Surely if you saw that my DD wasn't part of the arguement why did you chose to pursue it?

I hope for your sake that your driving something that makes more than 200ftlbs of torque to see what the difference is.

Drive off a cliff? Right.... you know what a shitty arguement is? It's when you've run out of ammo. Then again you never really had any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
If you ask me, I would say your new tactics for winning this arguement are pretty pathetic... it's obvious you are just trying to claw your way out of the "fail pit", ...there is a reason nobody is thanking your posts... it's cause your posts are retarded... why people aren't failing them is a mystery to me.

Please don't bash my reading, I think anyone following this thread can clearly see that we are on two very different scholastic levels. (You being the lesser of the two)

I'll keep this short and sweet so hopefully you will understand; Currently, I don't own a Del Sol, or anything else that has "Honda" on the registration. So I'm not really sure what you were getting at with the Del Sol/Fan-boy comments.

Regardless, why don't you take your shitty arguement and your mystery Scion, drive up a hill, and go fuck a goat.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 02-10-2011 at 06:24 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #162

whoa, really? thats cool. did you mod it?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #163

Quote:
I've had an s2k , have you? Right it's so retarded that I point out things like having pzero neros.

Yes, I have owned an S2k before.

Just so you are aware, I DD a 2011 STI... pretty sure it has more than 200ftlbs of TQ.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #164

So why dont you tell everyone why you dont still have the s2k and why you chose something with more torque like the sti instead of trying to "flame" me without facts?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #165
#savethemanuals

I'm guessing family.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #166

hmmm.....

do you drive an fd?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #167

No freebies pay to find out or GTFO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglude View Post
hmmm.....

do you drive an fd?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #168

hahahah

what exactly is free?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #169

Quote:
So why dont you tell everyone why you dont still have the s2k and why you chose something with more torque like the sti instead of trying to "flame" me without facts?
I also have a 2000 Integra Type R... it's my "downhill car"

S2k was sold because I needed to free up capital, I would have preferred not to sell it but needed significant cash reserves for my company's operating expenses.

I'm not sure why you are talking about what is/isn't factual, coming form the guy who has the XB listed as his DD in his profile, yet says in this thread he has never driven an XB.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #170

Quote:
Drive off a cliff? Right.... you know what a shitty arguement is? It's when you've run out of ammo. Then again you never really had any.
I love it when you Edit

You can clearly see that I don't tell you to "Drive off a cliff?" ... I said "Drive up a hill"

So which one of us has the reading comprehension issues?

Clearly you,

Reading>Death2Theft
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #171

So why did you keep a integra over the s2k? Grats you get the general idea/intention. Having completely not even seen the type of tires I had is another matter entirely. Glad to see that you think a acura isn't a honda. Whats it say on the valve cover again?

Where did I say I've never driven an xb? Sorry must be my reading comprehension again.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #172

Quote:
So why did you keep a integra over the s2k? Grats you get the general idea/intention. Having completely not even seen the type of tires I had is another matter entirely.
Bought/built the ITR in 2010.

Pzero Nero's... those could be on a Dodge Caravan or a Dodge Viper.. who cares about your tires.

Just admit defeat. You are like Hosni Mubarak... just can't let go.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #173

Quote:
Where did I say I've never driven an xb? Sorry must be my reading comprehension again.
Quote:
I have driven all the engines I speak of. From n/a to forced induction setups. Except of course the xb, which would be a waste of $.
You didn't say it... but you typed it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #174

My mistake, I've driven all those mentioned setups boosted and in n/t form, EXCEPT for the xb which has traction issues in n/a form with pzero nero's. Which relates to the tires, since you thought I had oem all seasons or something stupid.

I can see your clearly butthurt.
The sedan STI with the s2k for summer would have been a better combo imo, too bad you can't do that due to payments.

So you bought/build an ITR instead of another s2k? Why? Price? I dont think it's that much different is it? Or was it the snapoversteer nature of the s2k mr.downhiller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Bought/built the ITR in 2010.

Pzero Nero's... those could be on a Dodge Caravan or a Dodge Viper.. who cares about your tires.

Just admit defeat. You are like Hosni Mubarak... just can't let go.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #175

you had a boosted s2k?