REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: What should my first firearm be?
Ruger 10/22 15 15.00%
Remington 597 25 25.00%
SKS 34 34.00%
CZ 858 10 10.00%
Others (Please specify and explain) 16 16.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #51
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

@canadagoose

Know where I can get the s&w m&p 15-22? I've née eyeing that gun for a while now.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
lungfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #52
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungfish23 View Post
@canadagoose

Know where I can get the s&w m&p 15-22? I've née eyeing that gun for a while now.
Posted via RS Mobile
$550 @ Reliable Gun on Fraser and 17th Ave

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...0eWdPQWc&gid=3

call them for avail?
//RacingSpirit>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #53
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

ruger sr22 should be a nice ar15 styled .22lr rifle to start with...

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...22-rimfire-ar/
//RacingSpirit>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #54
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
get this.

err

if you could afford it.. or if it was legal.. you could get a navy 20mm Phalanx cannon. Fires 4,000 + rounds a minute.

capable of wiping out any indigenous life forms..

you just need a place to mount it now.

Last edited by StaxBundlez; 02-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #55

OR

you could get this.

now no Aliens or Predators will fuck with you.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Since this is a gun thread, Maybe I can get some suggestions too on a rifle. Looking at getting a Bolt action rifle, and have been leaning heavy on a Rem 700p LTR from a TWS kit (Found one someone is selling online without the scope and hard case for $950). Im having a hard time finding out if this a good deal for this gun, or if I should look at something else. My budget is about $1000 ( I already have a scope), and would love the XCR tactical, but its about $500 over my budget new, and finding a used one is not working well for me. Thoughts, suggestions and such?

Edit: Looking at 308, 7mm or 300 Ultra mag

15 Lincoln MKC 2.3L Ecoboost

07 RAV4 Limited V6 *Sold*

90 CRX *Sold*
B16A, larger throttlebody and wires, lowered, 16" rims, front and rear upper strutbars, intake, white gauges, cross drilled brakes, exhaust, other small mods

05 Escape Limited *Sold*

Last edited by CRX SiR; 02-14-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: adding info
CRX SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

if your getting your restricted why the heck aren't you buying handguns?

and on that note, are you on canadiangunnutz.com ?

there are ALOT of good sponsors on that site with awesome prices/inventory
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It's more of a time thing than a money thing, especially for restricted
Posted via RS Mobile
its the same shit really, atleast with silvercore's course you take BOTH restricted and non in either 2 days, or 3 evenings i was only there about 8 hrs and passed with 98% on both res and non res

it costs 220 for the course, than another 80$ for when you send in your application..

you have to get two references that are willing to be interviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Thats nice .22lr ....looks mean, and cheap to play with...lol. Something about being restricted to a 10rnd mag?? can't remember....also cannot justify price.

NOPEEE, its rim fire, rifles that are semi auto + centerfire are limited to 5, handguns are limited to 10 round mags

while rim fire rifles can have as many round mag as you can find.

Last edited by baggdis300; 02-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #59
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I suggest that you start with a nice 1911, maybe a Kimber. I'd start with that and get really proficient and then probably start customizing the handgun. A trigger job, upgrade the sights, springs and etc.

Handguns are way cheaper back in North America than here in Asia.
M U G A T U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #60
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
ruger super redhawk alaskan
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #61
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I suggest getting a Tokarev Tula 33.

http://www.leverarms.com/surplus-fir...tt-33-648.html

They're on sale for $200 and are the ideal first choice for the following reasons -

They're tough and idiot proof. They're like an 95 Sunfire. If you drive an 3-series as your first car you won't appreciate driving an S-Class later on. Buy the beater now and upgrade later.
If you start out with the Sunfire its cheap, easy to repair, durable, and you don't worry about every little scuff and scratch on it. Same goes for the Tokarev

They've got tons of spare parts floating out there. Just like every junkyard has dozens of scrapped Cavaliers and Sunfires, there are loads of cold war-era parts for this gun. Knockoffs were made by the Yugoslavians, Romanians, and Chinese and all of the parts are interchangable.

They've got a fucking kick to them. They use 7.62x25 ammo which can punch thru a class 2 bullet "resistant" vest. Your average 1911 clone won't do that.

They've got a little gun nerd credibility. Get a Glock if you want but put the TT in your collection and people will know you're a pretty serious collector. There are prettier girls to take to the prom but the TT-33 is a ride or die bitch. Its no frail princess.

This is the pistol equivalent of an AK-47. Its cheap, its got loads of ammo available for dirt cheap prices (non corrosive full metal jackets run for $10 for box of 40 IIRC) and is almost impossible to break. You can drag it thru the mud and sand and pop it in the dishwasher when you're all done, then pull it out and pop off a couple of rounds. (Please don't ever do this)
Its got about the same amount of moving parts as a Kinder surprise toy and about as easy to put together.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #62
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Desert Eagle - bad ass
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #63
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia! View Post
I suggest getting a Tokarev Tula 33.

http://www.leverarms.com/surplus-fir...tt-33-648.html

They're on sale for $200 and are the ideal first choice for the following reasons -

They're tough and idiot proof. They're like an 95 Sunfire. If you drive an 3-series as your first car you won't appreciate driving an S-Class later on. Buy the beater now and upgrade later.
If you start out with the Sunfire its cheap, easy to repair, durable, and you don't worry about every little scuff and scratch on it. Same goes for the Tokarev

They've got tons of spare parts floating out there. Just like every junkyard has dozens of scrapped Cavaliers and Sunfires, there are loads of cold war-era parts for this gun. Knockoffs were made by the Yugoslavians, Romanians, and Chinese and all of the parts are interchangable.

They've got a fucking kick to them. They use 7.62x25 ammo which can punch thru a class 2 bullet "resistant" vest. Your average 1911 clone won't do that.

They've got a little gun nerd credibility. Get a Glock if you want but put the TT in your collection and people will know you're a pretty serious collector. There are prettier girls to take to the prom but the TT-33 is a ride or die bitch. Its no frail princess.

This is the pistol equivalent of an AK-47. Its cheap, its got loads of ammo available for dirt cheap prices (non corrosive full metal jackets run for $10 for box of 40 IIRC) and is almost impossible to break. You can drag it thru the mud and sand and pop it in the dishwasher when you're all done, then pull it out and pop off a couple of rounds. (Please don't ever do this)
Its got about the same amount of moving parts as a Kinder surprise toy and about as easy to put together.
Holy shit, the way you described the TT-33 makes me seriously want to consider getting one. If I was going to get a firearms license, I was just gonna get some 9mm or a .45, but the TT-33 sounds like it's easy to maintain and cheap to own.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #64
Need to Seek Professional Help

TT-33 ftl.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #65

whatever you get.. make sure to keep a shotgun around...

it's not funny!!

it could happen...
Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

haha, im probably going to pick up a TT33 from lever arms soon...

and possibly a pump shotty
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #67
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

If the same firearm can be purchased from local stores other than Lever Arms, I would go elsewhere. Lever Arms ain't the most customer friendly store around town.
Sp0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #68

^ I've never had a problem there. I always found them friendly and very helpful

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #69
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm not big into guns but about 5yrs ago my buddy brought one of these bad boys camping. Man it was kick ass to shoot

murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0r3 View Post
If the same firearm can be purchased from local stores other than Lever Arms, I would go elsewhere. Lever Arms ain't the most customer friendly store around town.
they are the only local store that i know of that carries tt-33's in stock with ammo also in stock.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #71
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but I've always been interested in getting a firearms licence. To my understanding you gotta take the course, pass the test, then apply and get approved by the government. Any recommendations on where to take the course/test in Vancouver area?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

silvercore.ca

hands down best place to go.

try to do the 3 night course

i was only there for about 5 hrs of instruction(well, that as all he "taught" us) then 2.5 hrs for the review/testing i scored 100%/96% so its pretty god damn easy.

220$ after taxes.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0r3 View Post
yeah, they weren't too friendly at first. once i said ill buy it, and pulled out my id's they answered my questions..

and wow, the bc CFO is quick, within 2 hrs they called me asking me to fax them my club membership so they can approve my ATT and the transfer haha
Old 03-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #74
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
silvercore.ca

hands down best place to go.

try to do the 3 night course

i was only there for about 5 hrs of instruction(well, that as all he "taught" us) then 2.5 hrs for the review/testing i scored 100%/96% so its pretty god damn easy.

220$ after taxes.
nice...looking on going there in april

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #75
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
and wow, the bc CFO is quick, within 2 hrs they called me asking me to fax them my club membership so they can approve my ATT and the transfer haha

Which club do you belong to? Most club dues I find in the lower mainland are around $100+ a year but my buddy in Alberta only pays $35 a year.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote