REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #26

It really sounds like you made up your mind that you're going to confront this person. So here is my 2cents if you're going to arrest this person.

For the love of god don't carry any weapons even if you're not going to use it. Don't wear any rings, gloves, NOTHING.

Do not HURT THIS PERSON IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM, let him go if you have to.

Can you get a friend to do this with you? This will lessen the force needed thus reducing potential injuries.

Please for the love of god record him stealing before you go out there and for the love of god have someone record the whole thing to protect yourself. Make sure he takes something and is leaving. If he looks and does not take anything, DO NOT confront him.

Pray to XXX that he does not have a weapon cause you can bet your ass he's not going to sit and wait for the cops.

All in all, it's still not worth it, but you're going to do it anyways so that's my advice to you.
This can all be solved by going out there taking a few pictures. Telling him you're calling the cops and sending them pictures and he will never come back.

I have no idea why you think having a WWF match with him is a good idea for you.
Advertisement

Last edited by subwoffers; 02-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
subwoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #27
Ubereem Mod

I'm just curious why, he's been trespassing every single day for a week...and you/family haven't done anything? ESPECIALLY it's your mail.

Confronting him on the first day, would of been enough to get him away from your mail box. 99% of these people will cease once they see you.
If i saw him a 2nd time, I would of ran out and said something on the lines of "What the F- are you doing in my mail."

Last edited by Gt-R R34; 02-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoffers View Post
Guys guys guys....

You're opening up a HUGE door to a lawsuit over some fucking mail. I'm not trying to down play what he did, but you're asking for A LOT of trouble you don't need.

First, do you have proof he's stealing from you such as video evidence? If you maced him and he says he was not stealing, it's your word against his and he will sue your ass for bodily harm.

He is committing burglary on you by stealing your mail but for the love of god you can't mace him/ beat him for it.

You can use reasonable and necessary force to make an arrest of someone who commits a crime in your presence, and then must deliver them up to the nearest magistrate. You can use reasonable and necessary force to prevent unlawful immediate bodily harm to yourself. If you are asking if cops, prosecutors, judges and juries are required to believe you when you claim to have acted in self-defense, the answer is no.

This can go over the way you imagined it and you'll feel like superman, or you can land yourself a bunch of charges and crim. background over some mail.

But it sounds like you already made up your mind so I'll say no more.
i understand where your coming from but this isn't just any mail . it's our visa and that can do some damage . =S
soowu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by soowu View Post
i understand where your coming from but this isn't just any mail . it's our visa and that can do some damage . =S
1) Visa will credit you for all the crap he does with it. That's solved.

2) Go out there and tell him you are reporting it to the police with his pictures, he will never come back.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
I'm just curious why, he's been trespassing every single day for a week...and you/family haven't done anything? ESPECIALLY it's your mail.

Confronting him on the first day, would of been enough to get him away from your mail box. 99% of these people will cease once you see them.

If i saw him a 2nd time, I would of ran out and said something on the lines of "What the F- are you doing in my mail."
my dad caught him going through our mail the 1st time and chased him but lost track of where he went because it was like 11 at night . and like i said i was home alone on the day he went back the second time , i was trying to confront him , i ran down the stairs and by the time i open the door he ran down the street . there was no way i could have caught up
Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoffers View Post
1) Visa will credit you for all the crap he does with it. That's solved.

2) Go out there and tell him you are reporting it to the police with his pictures, he will never come back.
will do if he comes back .

just a little update , my mom called the bank asking them to deactivate and resend the card but to the bank this time and no money has been used so far . now we're just dealing with the fact that he will probably come back

Last edited by soowu; 02-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #32

Quote:
my dad caught him going through our mail the 1st time and chased him but lost track of where he went because it was like 11 at night . and like i said i was home alone on the day he went back the second time , i was trying to confront him , i ran down the stairs and by the time i open the door he ran down the street . there was no way i could have caught up
I understand you're frustrated. I'm suggesting that there are a few better options than having a wrestling match with him which can do more harm than good to you.

How about a locking mailbox? Or can you have you mail put through the door? I know it's a HUGE pain in the ass and it's not fair that you have to change your life because of this asshole, but I'm just looking our for your best interest.

Sometimes things done with the best intentions can turn around and kick your ass like you would not believe.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #33
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Taking mail of any kind is illegal. He is committing a crime. Pretty serious.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6370190_law...ft-canada.html

If this is happening at 11 pm, why not pick up your mail as soon as you get home? Get a locking mail box. I have one that cost me over 300 bucks. Large enough for magazines and large documents. Pretty strong, too. Well worth the money - peace of mind.

If someone was taking or rummaging through my mail, I would take it to the nth degree and do everything in my power to catch this bastard.

Definitely go to the RCMP with pictures and whatever evidence you have. As suggested, get your neighbours involved. People like him have to be stopped. It's costing all of us in the end.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,428 Times in 483 Posts
Quote:
you sound young and pissed off i dont see how you couldnt have caught him. couldve got in your car and chased him.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #35
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
stake em out like that thread where kids were egging a RS'ers house/car and they boxed em in with their cars, just follow him slowly since hes on foot. Don't make it too obvious and at the same time have the police on the phone.

As stated above DO NOT mace him or pepperspray him or anything. We know your mad but you don't need an assault charge or worse.
As suggested many times get a locking mailbox there not that expensive, and will prevent him from stealing your mail, also why is the mail being left in the mailbox overnight? Take it out when it arrives, even if its the tenants and just give it to them or slip it under their door, so he doesn't have time to take.

ps. i thanked you because you made me LOL

Last edited by ruthless; 02-14-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: lol
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post

If this is happening at 11 pm, why not pick up your mail as soon as you get home? Get a locking mail box. I have one that cost me over 300 bucks. Large enough for magazines and large documents. Pretty strong, too. Well worth the money - peace of mind.

If someone was taking or rummaging through my mail, I would take it to the nth degree and do everything in my power to catch this bastard.

Definitely go to the RCMP with pictures and whatever evidence you have. As suggested, get your neighbours involved. People like him have to be stopped. It's costing all of us in the end.
i will try to gather as much evidence as i can so i can report this . we will think about getting a locked mail box or continue trying to catch this criminal and that way we wont have to spend money for a box but we seriusly dont have time for this type of crap that he is pulling on us and thanks for the link , it definately gives me a confident boost that catching this man will be punished and that it shows what he is doing can become serious

Last edited by soowu; 02-14-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #37
I am grateful grapefruit

I thought Visa's have to be activated by calling from the Phone Number that's on the account...? Unless they managed to steal enough information from you to call into the issuing bank to change the phone number on account.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I thought Visa's have to be activated by calling from the Phone Number that's on the account...? Unless they managed to steal enough information from you to call into the issuing bank to change the phone number on account.
yeah thats true but who knows what other mails he could've took but somewhere up there i comfirmed that the visa hasn't be used / activated so thats good news . we are having it re sent to the bank so it wont be stolen
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #39
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:

+1 on a locking mail box
I have one built into my cement pillar so they can try to steal if they want lol and its big enough for magazines and newspapers.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #40
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

get one of these, problem solved

hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #41
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
get one of these, problem solved

Not possible in some cases.

In my case, it would ruin the front doors and installing one elsewhere would mean having to break through stucco and not worth the trouble.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #42
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,833 Times in 2,514 Posts
i just came from the fedor thread so i was thinking you should do a double leg take down and put a kimora on him and once you snap his arm call the cops.

on a serious note you can buy a mailbox with a lock on it that requires a key to open. downside is only letters can fit through the slot, no packages. upside is that the guy will need to really bust open your mailbox which would really be great evidence if you can catch the guy doing it on camera. pretty hard to BS your way out of smashing open a locked box.

if all else fails...take the back, sink in the claws and apply a rear naked choke

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #43
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Not possible in some cases.

In my case, it would ruin the front doors and installing one elsewhere would mean having to break through stucco and not worth the trouble.
indeed , my door aint like those wooden ones where it can easily be installed .
Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #44
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i just came from the fedor thread so i was thinking you should do a double leg take down and put a kimora on him and once you snap his arm call the cops.

on a serious note you can buy a mailbox with a lock on it that requires a key to open. downside is only letters can fit through the slot, no packages. upside is that the guy will need to really bust open your mailbox which would really be great evidence if you can catch the guy doing it on camera. pretty hard to BS your way out of smashing open a locked box.

if all else fails...take the back, sink in the claws and apply a rear naked choke
ahahaha yeah , but i stated this before i have tenants who also need to get there mail and im not going to go through all that work to get them an extra key but it is a good idea . if he breaks the mail box it would be damaging property correct? does that mean i can kick his ass AHAH
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #45
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Does this guy come to ur house at the same time and same day all the time? how can u possibly confront this guy, unless u got no job and r able to sit infront of the video camera or door and wait for this guy 24/7 cause its not like u can ambush the guy.

everyone gave u good advice on to handling the situation if u ever do get the chance to confront this guy. but honestly the first thing that came to my mind to resolve this was to install wat hirevtuner suggested, or buy those metal mailboxes with a key
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #46
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
why not just stick a piece of paper with a picture from the video (a clear one so that he is easily identifiable) on your mailbox, threatening that you will go to authorities if he returns?

see what happens after that. it isn't much but it's better then macing, beating and detaining the guy. does he deserve it? yes. do you want to deal with the consequences? no
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #47
HELP ME PLS!!!

print out his picture, tape it to the mailbox, and write "smile" under it. next time he walks up he'll freak and run away...

ahh dam, the guy above already said this.

and no you can't do anything to stop him. just google Ian Thomson, a man in Ontario who was arrested a few months ago. his house was was being firebombed with Molotov cocktails by 3 masked men in the middle of the night. his house was on fire, his dog kennel was on fire with his dogs fenced inside it. he caught it all on sec. camera. he left his burning house and went out the front door with a legally owned gun, fired a warning shot into the air. the 3 guys ran off. he was arrested and jailed for using a weapon to scare them away. and is currently awaiting court.

Last edited by johny; 02-15-2011 at 12:18 AM.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
shread
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #49
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
that would be a good idea but again i have people who rent the basement and need to get there mail too .
shouldn't they have their own mailbox?... if the suite was legal.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #50
I bringith the lowerballerith

....my thoughts,,,,is someone else is touching anything that has your address on it....maybe do something to his fingers......like smash them with a baseball bat.... yea if he walks on your property your given your God-given rights to do what u need to do ...

example...open the door and let a Rottweiler doggy bite the guy in the nuts...