REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #26
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
I believe $2500 is the max you can get. $1000+ deductibles are more for companys with fleet vehicles. Not sure why any one person would get a $1000 deductible.
I have $1000 deductible on my insurance; reason, my insurance rates are extremely high because I have an at fault accident from three years ago. Opting for the $1000 deductible is a huge savings on my insurance, while still giving me a degree of protection if I have any serious damage done to my vehicle.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
I'm invisible

It can go higher than $2500, but it has to be approved by the ICBC underwriting department. It is usually for people who have many many claims, and ICBC decides to hike up the deductible..
Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinergtr View Post
pay for it out of your pocket now to prevent any possibly fraud charges.

switch insurance plan to a $300 deductible for a next time. Trust me, it is worth it!

i've had friends with their whole car keyed and windows smashed and $1000 is still a lot.

I've had my car keyed before, and 1 hit and run right after my car got back from the body shop. $300 deductibles save your ass!
Except, this is a collision claim, not a comprehensive claim.

I agree with keeping a low comprehensive deductible. You only pay your collision deductible in the event of an accident in which you are at fault or share a significant percentage of the fault.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #29
I don't get it

adjusters/body shops can give you a brief estimate on whether or not the damage is new. It's best not to lie to these people as they're very street savvy. The saying goes - don't con a con.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
adjusters/body shops can give you a brief estimate on whether or not the damage is new. It's best not to lie to these people as they're very street savvy. The saying goes - don't con a con.
Don't really see what you're trying to imply there...

Since the thread keeps bumping so might as well post the update. I talked with ICBC and they simply said it cannot be covered under my insurance. They just asked when the incident happened and I explained how I received the car as is from previous owner with the damage. I think I got my answer.
Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

hit and run regardless of ur deductible should be $750 (unless the initial deductible was below $750)

yes there are 1000/2500 options for both coll/comp;
This deductible is usually imposed on a person who has too many of either claim
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,156 Posts
I have $300 deductible comprehension for my car, you'll never know when shit hits the fan.

I had it on my del sol, and came in handy cause a thief tried to steal it, but at the time my clutch was toast so thief couldn't even move it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote