REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
Just got back, this was the first year that we rented a boat.
imo, renting a boat is the way to watch fireworks.

no need to deal with douchebags on a overcrowded beach and the whole crowd on the water is so much more fun
how muchos?
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Gonna be attending the Mexico show with some friends next week. Been a few years since I last attended a Celebration of Light event so I'm looking forward to re-experiencing it again
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Might head down there for Saturday.

Time to find a good parking spot because the spot that I usually park at has meters that charge till 10 now.

Fuckers.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #29
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
every year seems to be a 'meh'...

just remember to use the trash bins folks...you don't want to be publicized in the news as litterbugs...
When everyone was leaving, I knocked over some slurpee cup on the ground and that shit spilled all over my feet. Definitely use the trash bins!
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #30
degenerate extraordinaire

went to jericho... today's firework was pretty lacking ... super slow start.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #31
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
I hope this isn't going to an indication for the rest of the year...
I'm planning to go next saturday.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #32
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

still learning how to use the camera.... but here's my contribution picture wise
shift_rh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2010, 01:55 AM   #33
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
I hope this isn't going to an indication for the rest of the year...
I'm planning to go next saturday.
Canada/USA usually aren't overly impressive, the rest of them should be pretty decent.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #34
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

went tonight at english bay
havent attended for 3 years and now i remember why

a lot of people are very rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate of others..or they just do things to piss people off on purposes anyways.

asides from the bad crowd, the fireworks werent even that great.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

iam_dan
i'm danned too~~~
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #36
Need my Daily Fix of RS

turb0fr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ thats a nice picture, reminds me of disney opening

Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
older you get the less excited you are for this

it's the same thing every year
Fire and explosions are always awesome, don't be an old hag.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #39
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchiecchi View Post
how muchos?
It came out to $405 after taxes and fuel.
but it was split five ways, the boat could easily fit 6

we had the boat for 3 hours so we were ripping around in it for 2 hours before the fireworks started

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #40
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
older you get the less excited you are for this

it's the same thing every year
Got that right.

The last time I was at the fireworks was........... shit, I can't remember.

20 years ago?

I watch the highlights (pun not intended) on TV and they're the same every year. Why the hell would anyone bother going there? The crowds, the fights, the stupidity. I stopped going when it wasn't a family type event anymore.

Ooh, ahhh........ that was was real big......... oh, look at that one...... did you see that? Wow that was awesome, man....... wait, is it overalready? No.... wait for it!

EDIT: I'm an old hag, LOL. At least to some of you virgins.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #41
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post

I watch the highlights (pun not intended) on TV and they're the same every year. Why the hell would anyone bother going there? The crowds, the fights, the stupidity. I stopped going when it wasn't a family type event anymore.

EDIT: I'm an old hag, LOL. At least to some of you virgins.
The crowds, the fights, and the stupidity are what make it interesting. I'm rapidly becoming an old hag too, but I still enjoy people-watching and soaking in the atmosphere of a crowd.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to head down this year, but I'm sure my next two Saturday nights will be interesting (I moonlight at a private liquor store in the core.)
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Speaking of stupid crowds and fights, were there any?
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #43
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ i notice less crowd this year and i've seen a lot of cops are pouring out beers from people and that was it.

Few cops on motorcycle on busting bikers with loud exhaust on robson, it was pretty fun to watch .. lol
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #44
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I went last night and after attending for atleast 12 years... I see i'm getting old like everyone else is. Even thought they did announce last night that the fireworks would be around for another 2 years. I completely understand why major sponsorship doesn't want anything to do with the fireworks.

80% of the crowd is under the age of 25. I can't see this age group investing is emerging markets, which is probably why HSBC pulled out from being the primary sponsor. ROCK 101, an established Vancouver radio station no longer plays the music. When did Shore FM start blasting the airwaves? They are obviously trying to gain new listeners by sponsoring. Last year the Keg helped out, and they are again this year... but on a smaller scale. Look at the crowd and you'll understand why. I don't see many U-25 at the Keg dropping $300 on a dinner. Why would you advertise where the crowd does not fit your demographic? Very few families come out to the fireworks, same thing with seniors and older couples. Bascially these companies are paying for a drinking shit show for the youth and having to pay for the police and the clean-up afterwards.

I don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't want my company name to be associated with any problems that may occur during the fireworks. Let's see how long the current sponsor lasts.

Last edited by adambomb; 07-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #45
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
I went last night and after attending for atleast 12 years... I see i'm getting old like everyone else is. Even thought they did announce last night that the fireworks would be around for another 2 years. I completely understand why major sponsorship doesn't want anything to do with the fireworks.

80% of the crowd is under the age of 25. I can't see this age group investing is emerging markets, which is probably why HSBC pulled out from being the primary sponsor. ROCK 101, an established Vancouver radio station no longer plays the music. When did Shore FM start blasting the airwaves? They are obviously trying to gain new listeners by sponsoring. Last year the Keg helped out, and they are again this year... but on a smaller scale. Look at the crowd and you'll understand why. I don't see many U-25 at the Keg dropping $300 on a dinner. Why would you advertise where the crowd does not fit your demographic? Very few families come out to the fireworks, same thing with seniors and older couples. Bascially these companies are paying for a drinking shit show for the youth and having to pay for the police and the clean-up afterwards.

I don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't want my company name to be associated with any problems that may occur during the fireworks. Let's see how long the current sponsor lasts.
Woahhh...look at this marketing guru dropping his 2 cents where it doesnt matter.

Typical Vancouverites...complaining about this being a no fun city...then whinning about things we're are fortunate to get.

Anyways, I thought america had a weak showing....if they played the remix version of Jay-Z New York at the end...woulda been sweet.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Woahhh...look at this marketing guru dropping his 2 cents where it doesnt matter.

Typical Vancouverites...complaining about this being a no fun city...then whinning about things we're are fortunate to get.

Anyways, I thought america had a weak showing....if they played the remix version of Jay-Z New York at the end...woulda been sweet.
I'm not whining fag bag. Read... I've been going for the last 12 years. I've just pieced together why every year at the beginning of the summer there is always news about the lack of sponsorship and funding, then all of a sudden the fireworks are saved from the brink of death. Sponsors are unsure if they want to commit to something that is so costly, yet provides little in return.

You wanted Jay-Z at the end of the show instead of the tribute to 1940's American music. Once again proving my point that the majority of the audience is U-25.

I also understand why you can piss in a bottle. Your dick is small enough to fit in the top.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

^OOOOOOOOO!

no fights last night from what i saw. but a lot of ed hardy fags walking around asking ppl if they have weed.

cops were patrolling and pouring out liquour and stuff. other than that, nothing much happened.
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post

80% of the crowd is under the age of 25.
At English Bay, yes. If you go across the water, to Kits or Vanier Park, the crowd is more subdued and older. Although you won't see the low fireworks off the barge, you'll be able to catch everything else. And the police presence isn't nearly as ominous either - you could easily have a glass or two of wine unnoticed.

The Burrard Bridge is actually a pretty nice place to watch the fireworks, if you don't mind standing. Easy to get to and to leave.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #49
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

[QUOTE=adambomb;7038855]I'm not whining fag bag.[QUOTE]

Old hag bag...you're definetly QQing.

12 years streak...ur on a rocking chair remeniscing the good old days ya? Accept the fireworks for the way they are...you or no one else have any control over a huge public gathering...there are many other locations to enjoy the event.

Whats the point of questioning the motives of the sponsors? We got the fireworks for the next 2 years and its for free...clearly the sponsors know what their doing...maybe they actually see the positives of hosting such an event...and not have a cynical view like you.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #50
I subscribe to Revscene

London Drugs on Saturday
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote