REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 02-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #251
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I'm digging this one back up into the new decade, it's the Official thread after all.

Late to the game, but finally made the jump into getting a smoker. Picked up a Pitt Boss Sportsman 820 from Cabelas a few days ago; along with various pellets and rubs. I already had the ribs itching to go yesterday and those were great, but today decided to try some bacon wrapped chicken breasts. I stuffed them with Friulano, feta, and parmesan cheese - a few were rubbed with just salt and pepper and the others with Cabela's Blackened rub. Apple pellets. 1.5 hours at 250f and then 350f until 170f inside. The fam is happy, I should not have waited so long, and the juice is worth the squeeze.

Advertisement
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2021, 12:19 PM   #252

On the left is a small black bear roast and on the right is a small piece of moose backstrap (the tastiest part of moose). I am a hunter for family sustenance and personally harvested these animals last fall.

Black bear has been marinating for two days with: sweet molasses, honey, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.

Moose has been marinating two days with: butter, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Simple flavours for a delicious piece of meat.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #253

The moose turned out perfect, my kids gobbled this down in seconds.

The bear tasted great - the molasses mixed with paprika and a little chilis was a great combo that the whole family loved.

And then to finish it off, chicken thighs with 4 different rubs, a simple salad, and a nice bottle of Syrah. We're all loving this smoker.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #254

Just my youngest son and I in the house today, so I knew it was going to be another day of trying new things on the smoker; the family is really liking the flavours thus far.

Started with 12lbs of bacon that I have had curing for 8 days. One batch with: maple syrup, pepper, kosher salt, and probably a little garlic and onion powder. Second sure was: honey, kosher salt, paprika, chilis, and a little garlic as well. Smoked for almost 3 hours to just around 150f, then I will cook it slightly on the grill when I want to eat it.

It turned out really tasty. My youngest doesn't eat much meat for some reason (he looks like me, so I'm ruling out the mailman) and he kept wanting to eat more as I was slicing it for serving portions.

So with breakfast dishes ready to roll, it was time for dinner tonight. I had three whole chickens ready and waiting, decided I would try my hands with two and see how it goes - this is my whole chicken virginity <---sounds creepy no matter how I tried wording that, but I digress. One chicken is covered with a homemade rub of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika - sitting on a beer can cooker that is actually filled with rose wine and half an entire head of garlic. The second is a spatchcocked chicken with Cabela's Blackened rub on it. It should be ready in about 3 hours from now.

This post thanked by: