REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #1576
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
That indian guy in the yellow shirt needed to get knocked the fuck out.
they must have a hell of a time identifying these people because all those brown people look the same and wear the same shit.
Advertisement
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #1577
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
The amount of ownage is beyond epic. Thank god for FB and youtube.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #1578

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
they must have a hell of a time identifying these people because all those brown people look the same and wear the same shit.
I don't look the same as this guy, lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #1579
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
From CKNW

Quote:
I'm sorry Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chui. Your plan failed and for the second time your city has an international black eye after the 7th game of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Much outrage has been expressed here on CKNW to the actions of the rioters. There is no doubt they were idiots - drunken, dangerous fools. I fully agree with the Police Chief there was a group of people bent on anarchy. But the Chief, Mayor Gregor Robertson, and Premier Christy Clark insist it was a small group. Bunk! It was anything but small. The size of the crowd outside the Canada Post building..the size of the crowd on the Granville strip...the size of the crowd looting the London Drugs, Sears or The Bay was not small.

Now, while we can quibble about the size, all of the talk about this lawless group also conveniently diverts attention from the police response. No one argues about those drunken thugs being idiots and criminals who deserve jail time. But, dealing with those drunken thugs - how to prevent a riot and how to stop a riot when it begins - I think the VPD have to take a very serious look at their own performance. From what I heard from the Police Chief Thursday morning, Jim Chui doesn't appear to be very interested in at least acknowledging that need, let alone doing it. Butt covering seems to be the plan.

First, the meet and greet strategy touted by Chui and Mayor Robertson utterly failed in preventing the riot. It failed when it was most needed - game 7.

Second, at what point do police use force to retake the streets? Chui proudly points out it took 3 hours to bring order to the streets - half the time it took in 1994. Great...ask the folks at London Drugs or Future Shop or Sears or The Bay how pleased they are with what happened. There was virtually no effort by police to stop the window smashing that led to the looting. The cops withdrew. No cordon of cops and police dogs to stop them from breaking the windows at London Drugs or Sears. No, the police withdrew.

I have no problem with the front line officers backing off to protect their safety. It was wild in front of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. But, I think those front line men and women were let down by The Plan. The Plan the Chief says worked. The Plan the Chief says was followed.

Okay.no one was killed. 9 cops hurt. 100 arrested. 15 vehicles torched. Maybe that is a success in the big picture. It seems to me when the riot moved from torching cars to looting downtown stores - that's when a much stronger police reaction was necessary. To me, the looting crossed a line. That's when the cops had to say: "Enough is enough". Go home or be arrested.and you may get hurt if you don't go home. At some point, police needed to draw a line and say: "No more". It appears that never happened or if it did, it was long after the serious damage was done.

I have no issue with the front line cops and firefighters. I think they were poorly served by The Plan. Chief Chui says all kind of experts were consulted in creating The Plan. I can't help but think The Plan didn't work, and Wednesday night the anarchists - those troublemakers police say they know - won. They succeeded in brawling, burning and looting and giving the City of Vancouver another big black eye. Chief Chui, you say the VPD learned from the 1994 riot. I don't think you learned enough.

Gord MacDonald

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #1580
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I wonder if some of these ppl are actually turning themselves in, or if they're just saying that so the wrath of the internet dosent come down on them and people leave them alone
Posted via RS Mobile
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #1581
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I don't look the same as this guy, lol.

my bad. i think what I meant is all those d-bags look the same. theyre like the bro types or ed hardy. Also theres the ones that you can tell are a little mentally disturbed and probably very quiet in real life. Like that kid wearing black smashing those windows that got nailed by the guy in the green shirt.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #1582
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
should email the faculty directors too if not the dean as well

Centre for Applied Conservation Research
peter.arcese@ubc.ca

sarah.gergel@ubc.ca
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #1583
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
straight up, all of this is going to be for nothing unless there is some ACTUAL punishment that comes to the people found guilty

fuck tieing up the courts, etc. etc. just fucking make them PAY damages, devistating people financially is wayyy harder on them then giving them a fucking week in jail or house arrest

make the guy who torched the cop car pay for it, make his family pay for it

you were part of rolling over a M5? well pay your share of the total-loss value to ICBC

the -only- way people are going to be scared of starting shit is to hit them in the wallet, owing 50k to the government for the next 15 years of your life hurts alot more than a month or even a couple months in jail.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #1584
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
To be fair, giving her the benefit of the doubt, according to the date and description the pic was taken after Game 5.
Looks like its the same person.

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
From CKNW
There's no question in my mind that the VPD was understaffed and not prepared for the large crowd. They should have had more cops and riot police on stand by and maybe called in reinforcements from the RCMP.

And I think this riots would have happen even if the Canucks won, the crowd was young and jacked up on alcohol and was looking for an excuse to start a ruckus and it basically took one idiot to light a car on fire to ignite the crowd.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #1586
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Walked around DT yesterday for the first time since Wed.

Was really moved and almost teared seeing the crowds in front of the plywood all around HBC, people taking pictures, writing, standing & reading.

Seems like a group of elementary school kids were taken down to put down their thoughts as well.

Also, seeing the damage caused by fires firsthand is disgusting.

From the parkade on Richards.

In front of Canada Post on Georgia.

At CBC Plaza's corner.

& then of course the great signs.

Thank you Vancouver, truly.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
straight up, all of this is going to be for nothing unless there is some ACTUAL punishment that comes to the people found guilty

fuck tieing up the courts, etc. etc. just fucking make them PAY damages, devistating people financially is wayyy harder on them then giving them a fucking week in jail or house arrest

you were part of rolling over a M5? well pay your share of the total-loss value to ICBC

the -only- way people are going to be scared of starting shit is to hit them in the wallet, owing 50k to the government for the next 15 years of your life hurts alot more than a month or even a couple months in jail.
+1, exactly what I said a few pages back. I don't want to see these people go to jail, I want them to do hard community service and pay for the damages.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #1588
I subscribe to Revscene

walked around on my lunch break and most of downtown looks pretty good!

this picture made me lol

Look at this fucking hipster!

beard - check
skinny jeans - check
cig pack hanging out of pocket because it's too tight - check
starbucks ? - check
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #1589
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
^lol
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #1590
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pK-diU- View Post
walked around on my lunch break and most of downtown looks pretty good!

this picture made me lol

Look at this fucking hipster!

beard - check
skinny jeans - check
cig pack hanging out of pocket because it's too tight - check
starbucks ? - check
HA. A hipster drinking Starbucks. Fucking hypocrite.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #1591
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

I was thinking this also. If the person caught is under 18, is there a way to make the parents pay on their behalf since they're responsible for them?

Also, how do you guys feel about reporting the underaged to their bosses, universities and extra curricular clubs?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #1592
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post

Haha I love this unicorn
dude come on....

everybody knows thats a pegasus.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #1593
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^^i am all for reporting them to the bosses or whatever. If theyre underaged and they only get a slap on the wrist, at least this way they would feel way more of the consequences for their actions. I say report them all
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #1594
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Say hello to Dustin Andreson, a low life who assaults a firefighter

http://publicshamingeternus.wordpres...ncouver-riots/
Posted via RS Mobile
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #1595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
Say hello to Dustin Andreson, a low life who assaults a firefighter

http://publicshamingeternus.wordpres...ncouver-riots/
Posted via RS Mobile
And punching a cop which is also caught on tape.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #1596
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,380 Times in 857 Posts
Went through my pictures - here's 2 more of Jason Li smashing the windows at BMO.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #1597
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post

He got a scholarship to University of Calgary, and his dad is a doctor.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2011/06/17/calgary-vancouver-riot-athlete.html

A young rioter caught on film trying to light a police car on fire in Vancouver on Wednesday night has been identified as an elite athlete who was headed to the University of Calgary on scholarship.

Nathan Kotylak, 17, vandalizes a police cruiser during the riots in Vancoucer on Wednesday night. Facebook Nathan Kotylak, 17, was one of the hundreds of rioters who tore a path of destruction through Vancouver's downtown streets after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins.

The Grade 12 student from Maple Ridge, a wealthy suburb of Vancouver, attends a private school and plays water polo on Canada's junior national team.

Kotylak had received a partial scholarship to attend the University of Calgary to study kinesiology, and hoped one day to compete in the Olympics, according to his father.

After the picture of Kotylak vandalizing a police car became one of the most viewed images in the riot's aftermath, the young athlete was repeatedly outed on Facebook and other social networking sites by people who recognized him.

The teen's father, a surgeon in B.C., told CBC News on Friday that the Grade 12 student will be "doing the right thing" by turning himself in.

He added that he wishes that his older son had been there that night to look out for his 17-year-old.
Posted via RS Mobile
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #1598
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
To be fair, giving her the benefit of the doubt, according to the date and description the pic was taken after Game 5.
So someone can't wear the same clothes twice?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #1599
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,380 Times in 857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
I added times to when these people appear in the video.

Also found another asian kid, pretty sure SOMEONE can identify this one. Very clear shot in the video of him coming out (5:15) and he reappears at (5:32)

and I THINK I found this guy at 5:10, need someone to confirm? Heres his facebook http://www.facebook.com/jamescaha

Same thick eyebrows?
I see this guy at the SFU gym occasionally. What a fucking hoser.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #1600
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I see this guy at the SFU gym occasionally. What a fucking hoser.
That's him! I remember seeing him at the SFU gym now. I thought it was my older gym.

I think he is a Beedie Business student as well. I think I've seen him around WestMall and in a suit.