REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #27351
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj.GSR View Post
im not a huge crosby fan but some of the weak shit he did in game three against philly was pathetic. He plays rough but no one wants to hit him because they dont want to fuck his head up any more after his concussions. hartnell looked like he didnt even want to hit crosby when they got into it.

eventually crosby is going to go after the wrong person and his head is going to get even more fucked up.
I used to yell @ my TV when Ohlie would get into fights. "NO OHLIE, YOUR EYES ARE ALREADY SHITTY, DON'T FIGHT IGGY."
Advertisement

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #27352
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol, I wouldn't mind if the series went to game 7, setting a record for the most goals scored in one playoff series.
Wont even need to get to game 7 for that.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #27353
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
I used to yell @ my TV when Ohlie would get into fights. "NO OHLIE, YOUR EYES ARE ALREADY SHITTY, DON'T FIGHT IGGY."
Fuck Ohlund, he broke Miko Koivu's leg with a slash. I had Koivu on my team and ever since then hated pretty boy Ohlund for that shit.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #27354
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
FUCK U OHLUND IS THE BEST!!!!!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #27355
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Fuck Ohlund, he broke Miko Koivu's leg with a slash. I had Koivu on my team and ever since then hated pretty boy Ohlund for that shit.
You shut your whore mouth

Ohlund is one of the best dmen that the Canucks ever had
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #27356
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Whoa, what .....

uh....I apologize if I have offended anyone by using the term 'faggot?'

Your such a hypocrite coming from the same person that said to "respect" the players and not talk shit about them

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #27357
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I switched from wearing my hamhuis jersey to my OHLUND Hersey last game and we won. So you best not talk shit bout ohlund!!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #27358
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMan604 View Post
Your such a hypocrite coming from the same person that said to "respect" the players and not talk shit about them
I said to show some respect for the Canucks who were winning a well played game....It's fucking stupid....Instead of talking about how the Canucks won their last game, and could possibly be the spark of a comeback, people are busy talking about is the Luongo/Schneider shit...Then we bitch when that's all the media has to talk about...Just look at the playoff-page for the Canucks/Kings series on ESPN...NHL - National Hockey League Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN We're in the middle of a fucking series and the headline is "Summer Plans"...You don't find that the least bit disrespectful??

You're in a Canucks forum so I simply asked people not to disrespect the Canucks, and by that I meant don't bash Luongo, a guy who has gotten this franchise to the Stanley Cup Finals, in the middle of a game in which he isn't even playing in....You don't have to listen to me, but I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there, and based on the amount of 'thanks' I got on the post, I'm assuming that most people agreed with it...btw, nice to see you're still butthurt about me accusing you of being disrespectful towards our players when, really, I was just generally speaking...makes you seem a little insecure...

So back to the topic of Crosby...

He IS a little bitch...Is he the best player in the world? Maybe, but I guarantee you that he won't be for long if he continues to be the bitch that he is today...Somebody will eventually give him what's coming to him - what he's been asking for.....I don't wish it upon anybody, but the way he cries and gets involved in fights, he definitely has it coming...

Last edited by bballguy; 04-20-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #27359
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Uuuh, you do know that that was a retaliation from Koivu's elbow to the head did you?

Just because he didn't break his jaw or concussed his head like Daniel was just pure luck; doesn't mean Koivu didn't deserve that slash. It was hella blatant at the time and he deserved it fully.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #27360
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
I said to show some respect for the Canucks who were winning a well played game....It's fucking stupid....Instead of talking about how the Canucks won their last game, and could possibly be the spark of a comeback, people are busy talking about is the Luongo/Schneider shit...Then we bitch when that's all the media has to talk about...Just look at the playoff-page for the Canucks/Kings series on ESPN...NHL - National Hockey League Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN We're in the middle of a fucking series and the headline is "Summer Plans"...You don't find that the least bit disrespectful??

You're in a Canucks forum so I simply asked people not to disrespect the Canucks, and by that I meant don't bash Luongo, a guy who has gotten this franchise to the Stanley Cup Finals, in the middle of a game in which he isn't even playing in....You don't have to listen to me, but I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there, and based on the amount of 'thanks' I got on the post, I'm assuming that most people agreed with it...btw, nice to see you're still butthurt about me accusing you of being disrespectful towards our players when, really, I was just generally speaking...makes you seem a little insecure...

He IS a little bitch...Is he the best player in the world? Maybe, but I guarantee you that he won't be for long if he continues to be the bitch that he is today...Somebody will eventually give him what's coming to him - what he's been asking for.....I don't wish it upon anybody, but the way he cries and gets involved in fights, he definitely has it coming...

Hey Mr. Canuck like I said b4 if you can read I did not "disrespect" the Canucks I only talked about Luongo and it seems to me you got hurt by my comment since it seems like you like to suck his cock for some reason. Look at all the others that are talking about it not everyone is his fan so get over it. Its your opinion to love Lu NOT mine. I am personally done with Luongo so if you dont like it well cry me a river. Again I am cheering on for the Canucks and thats why Im in this thread but obviously you cant comprehend that. I dont give a fuck that people "thanked" you for your comments as this is no popularity contest to see who gets the most "thanks" but obviously you have time on your hands to count them and feel good about yourself from it. You are the one thats insecure. You whine like a little bitch. Grow some balls "faggot".

"Fail" me on this comment hope you feel better after you do it.

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal

Last edited by SupraMan604; 04-20-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #27361
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
People that hate Crosby are more into the drama of hockey than the game.

His talent is undeniable. I don't care what he's like. Guy leads by example on the ice. Youngest Art Ross and Hart winner, youngest captain to win the Cup, scored the game winning goal to set all kinds of records for Canada...won us gold on home soil. That shit is AMAZING. He's not even 25 yet. It's like it's the kid's destiny to be great. There's only ONE other goal in Canadian history that even compares and that just won a made up tournament for pros because they're not allowed to play in the Olympics at the time.

Crosby is a once in a generation talent...and most of that "whining" is just misinterpreted. The guy wants to win at all costs.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #27362
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I don't understand all the hate that Crosby's getting.
But it's common for people to be jealous and want to shit on someone that's at the top.
No one likes #1, because they all want to be there.

IMO, he's just simply in the spotlight at all times, and when he intensify his game and takes it up a gear,
people call him a whiny bitch and question his motives when he tries to start some fights.

At the same time, a bunch of Canuck fans in here are also questioning Henrik Sedin's lack of intensity.
And I'm not sure if being the most classy player while getting beat around like a rag doll going to win any cups.
(This isn't to knock on Henrik, but just to make a point).
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #27363
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
i don't think people are hating on him. i think people are expressing their thoughts towards him whether its good or bad.

aznightmare you do realize he starts fights but all it takes is one good punch to the head and it could end his career... and doesn't seem like people in philly want to be the demise of such a good payer.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #27364
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Braden Holtby (born September 16, 1989) is a God secretly disguised as a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender from Lloydminster, Saskatchewan who is currently playing for the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected 93rd overall by the Capitals in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

In his free time Braden Holtby enjoys feasting on the still beating hearts of his defeated enemies, preparing for the next game, and watching baseball. In the off season he sometimes likes to go camping. Holby is also capable of wingless flight, although he doesn't like to show off because, let's be honest, he's just not that kind of guy.
lol
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #27365
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I really wish Ohlund was still with our team. He was consistent, stable and had heart. At the time we figured it was going to Salo or Ohlie that gets the boot. I thought he was going to end his career wearing a Nucks sweater.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #27366
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Yeah I wish we still had him too. I'm also glad we still have Salo, he has been pretty solid all year
Old 04-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #27367
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I liked Mitchell too. He played with good intensity, saved that goal in the playoffs, rocked Toews with a clean hard hit.
Too bad he had that concussion.

Now he's trolling us in LA.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #27368
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
yea wish we still had mitchell

but since he had concussion + $ he was getting offered it was a risk the nucks didnt wanna take
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #27369
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I dont think anyone thought Ohlund was going to keep playing good hockey as long as he did/has.

And I was real bummed when we lost Willie. But that situation was understandable. The canucks didn't want to sign a player who may never play again due to concussion.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #27370
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMan604 View Post
Hey Mr. Canuck like I said b4 if you can read I did not "disrespect" the Canucks I only talked about Luongo and it seems to me you got hurt by my comment since it seems like you like to suck his cock for some reason. Look at all the others that are talking about it not everyone is his fan so get over it. Its your opinion to love Lu NOT mine. I am personally done with Luongo so if you dont like it well cry me a river. Again I am cheering on for the Canucks and thats why Im in this thread but obviously you cant comprehend that. I dont give a fuck that people "thanked" you for your comments as this is no popularity contest to see who gets the most "thanks" but obviously you have time on your hands to count them and feel good about yourself from it. You are the one thats insecure. You whine like a little bitch. Grow some balls "faggot".

"Fail" me on this comment hope you feel better after you do it.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #27371
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

hahahahahhaha
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #27372
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol, I wouldn't mind if the series went to game 7, setting a record for the most goals scored in one playoff series.
What is the NHL Record for most goals in a 7 game playoff series? Penalty minutes? - HFBoards

I think they're already pushing a record for PIMs... I saw something after game 3 in that series showing the series had something like 280-something PIMs, while all other series combined were <200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #27373
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Looks like Kassian may be out for Sunday. He was skating with the black aces and not in main practice at UBC today. Bieksa wasn't at practice either. Gragani and Rome were skating with both groups

Lu was last to leave the rink today if that tells you anything. Lu and his perfectly natural smile:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1849a.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by UFO; 04-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #27374
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Looks like Kassian may be out for Sunday. He was skating with the black aces and not in main practice at UBC today. Bieksa wasn't at practice either. Gragani and Rome were skating with both groups
Yea Kassian should come out, he hasn't been very good at all, can't remember the host, but the host of the game 4 post game show was just blasting Kassian and Raymond and wanted both out for game 5 with Bitz and Ebbett in for them.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, Kass seems very lost and tentative out there, definitely needs more seasoning before he's ready.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #27375
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Everyone is freaking out because the The Score ticker announced the Canucks game to be at NOON on Sunday! No word yet on the official Canucks site ...

Please oh please don't be at noon ... I'll still be hungover from the night before ...
Elliot Friedman posted that the later the pen-flyers and wings-preds series goes, the later start time the Canucks will have on Sunday. Not really sure what to make of that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Yup. What happened to all the Ovechkin media and hate? oh right, he started sucking and now no one cares.
^^ This! Same thing Hitchcock said about the Canucks. If they want people to stop hating them, they should start losing.

Quote:

So has he had it coming since he entered the league? He's improved in some aspect of his game every year since he's been in the NHL. He has the best backhand shot in the world and his faceoffs got better this season too.

Won't be best player for long?? What player in the league has accomplished what he has so far? Until someone does what he's done, he'll have it coming to him....