REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

krazynuck 06-03-2012 11:43 AM

^ Confirmed by TSN?!?

Bruins' Thomas confirms he will take next year off

UFO 06-03-2012 12:55 PM

so Sportsnet was only able to 90% confirm? TSN via Thomas' facebook 100%

murd0c 06-03-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 7936261)
According to Sportsnet, Tim Thomas will sit out next season. What a joke

I think it's great, shows the kind of person he actually is. Not a team player what so ever and straight up selfish. He should be playing basketball with the way he's acting.

JesseBlue 06-03-2012 01:40 PM

i wonder how calgary feels that sutter is almost there with a cup...

spideyv2 06-03-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7936360)
I think it's great, shows the kind of person he actually is. Not a team player what so ever and straight up selfish. He should be playing basketball with the way he's acting.

frees up over $5+mill in cap space for the bruins :fuuuuu:

mb_ 06-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7936420)
frees up over $5+mill in cap space for the bruins :fuuuuu:

I don't remember where I read it but Bruins will get no cap relief apparently

domco 06-03-2012 02:45 PM

Bruins don't get any cap relief from Thomas taking the final year off his contract. The only way they can get rid of the 5M is to trade Thomas. However, they do get some cap relief though because of Marc Savard being on the LTIR (4M).

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

@TheBruinsBlog Suspended, retired, abducted by aliens, doesn't matter. Counts against the cap no matter what.

punkwax 06-03-2012 05:25 PM

Last night Healy was visibly upset with Thomas saying he was handcuffing the Bruins into trading him. Cap hit is 5 and they'd have to pay him 3 I believe he said.

The guy is good, but what a fuckin headcase.

ScizzMoney 06-03-2012 05:44 PM

Devote the first 40 years of your life to a sport. Take a year off to be with family. What an asshole.

mb_ 06-03-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 7936520)
Last night Healy was visibly upset with Thomas saying he was handcuffing the Bruins into trading him. Cap hit is 5 and they'd have to pay him 3 I believe he said.

The guy is good, but what a fuckin headcase.

Whenever someone calls Luigi a headcase, they should take a look at Tim Thomas. He's a winner but man I'd hate to have him on our team.

Gh0stRider 06-03-2012 06:10 PM

The New York Rangers may already be on the hunt to build up their offence for next season. With Marian Gaborik potentially sidelined until December with his scheduled shoulder surgery, the team has reportedly reached out to the Nashville Predators about acquiring pending restricted free agent Alexander Radulov, according to the New York Post.

SkinnyPupp 06-03-2012 06:52 PM

THere must be more to the Thomas story than is being put out there publicly. Because before the "time out" decision, the discussion was about trading him. If he has a NTC, it is possible that they told him he is going to be the #2 guy, and instead of demanding a trade he decided to let them give it a shot, and take the time off. If Rask fails, he'll be back. If not, I bet he retires...

If that's what it's about anyway

7seven 06-04-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7936583)
THere must be more to the Thomas story than is being put out there publicly. Because before the "time out" decision, the discussion was about trading him. If he has a NTC, it is possible that they told him he is going to be the #2 guy, and instead of demanding a trade he decided to let them give it a shot, and take the time off. If Rask fails, he'll be back. If not, I bet he retires...

If that's what it's about anyway

It almost sounds like something is up with his family life, his wife and kids moved from MA to Colorado during the middle of last season, speculation going on if his wife left him or if he moved his family out there for some reason.

In other news, Pittsburgh acquires the rights to Vokoun for a 7th round pick. Multiple sources say contract near done as Wash gave Vokoun right to talk to other teams prior to trade and Vokoun chose Pitts. lol shows the confidence Pitts has in MAF. Also takes Vokoun off Toronto's options, so Lu now looking more like it?

Quote:

PIT acquires right to Tomas Vokoun from WSH for 7th rd pick. Which suggests Vokoun's new contract in PIT is likely done or will be shortly.
contract done
Quote:

Vokoun gets $2M per year on the two year deal.

kristianhay 06-04-2012 08:09 AM

With Thomas sitting out and Vokoun off the market, Luongo is probably the hottest veteran commodity out there.

:)

highfive 06-04-2012 08:34 AM

^Vokoun to Pitts, I wonder what will happen to MAF?

Lidstrom is pure class. Took out a full page ad in Detroit Free Press to thank the fans.

Nicklas Lidstrom Thanks Detroit With Full-Page Ad - Motown Lowdown - SB Nation Detroit

murd0c 06-04-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 7937045)
With Thomas sitting out and Vokoun off the market, Luongo is probably the hottest veteran commodity out there.

:)

Which I'm so happy about. Hopefully that will increase his market value now.

Hondaracer 06-04-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7937030)
It almost sounds like something is up with his family life, his wife and kids moved from MA to Colorado during the middle of last season, speculation going on if his wife left him or if he moved his family out there for some reason.

In other news, Pittsburgh acquires the rights to Vokoun for a 7th round pick. Multiple sources say contract near done as Wash gave Vokoun right to talk to other teams prior to trade and Vokoun chose Pitts. lol shows the confidence Pitts has in MAF. Also takes Vokoun off Toronto's options, so Lu now looking more like it?

contract done

Speculation from some reporters was that this new house in Colorado is build against the side of a mountain and has a big fallout shelter as part of the construction

Timmy Tom Tom getting ready for 2012

murd0c 06-04-2012 08:50 AM

If the world doesn't end he will be playing in Jan lol

Tim Budong 06-04-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 7937066)
^Vokoun to Pitts, I wonder what will happen to MAF?

Lidstrom is pure class. Took out a full page ad in Detroit Free Press to thank the fans.

Nicklas Lidstrom Thanks Detroit With Full-Page Ad - Motown Lowdown - SB Nation Detroit

nothing
Brent Johnson at best is worst than MAF at his worst, PITS has no faith in Johnson, this move is great for PITS imo

As for Thomas. hahaha His NTC expires July1st, so yea he fucked the Bruins pretty hard up the ass. The way he handled himself on FB this season is a big slap in the face to beantown. He also has stated he hopes to make the 2014 US team. this will hinder his chances. The Bruins have great faith in Rask, so him staying or not is just an insurance policy. His cap hit on the other hand...hahah

Gumby 06-04-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7937119)
As for Thomas. hahaha His NTC expires July1st, so yea he fucked the Bruins pretty hard up the ass. The way he handled himself on FB this season is a big slap in the face to beantown. He also has stated he hopes to make the 2014 US team. this will hinder his chances. The Bruins have great faith in Rask, so him staying or not is just an insurance policy. His cap hit on the other hand...hahah

Once again, another example of how Thomas puts himself in front of the team... What a dick!

RiceIntegraRS 06-04-2012 10:15 AM

More Reason for everyone to hate Thomas and the Bruins, yes!

As for Olympics, Thomas has to beat out the likes of Quick, Schnieder and Miller to get the job.

highfive 06-04-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7937119)

I guess Peter Chiarelli didn't pump his tires as much as Thomas wanted...:troll:

highfive 06-04-2012 10:48 AM

^ US Olympic Team..there's also Jimmy Howard too.

jerche 06-04-2012 10:52 AM

Lu is in Toronto today...

Canucks Insider Tweets Luongo met with Leafs Doctor | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Blog

b0unce. [?] 06-04-2012 11:35 AM

Finally SOME news in the world of hockey. I honestly thought Vokoun would end up in tampa or toronto. Out of all the veteran goalies, he's probably the best for bang for your buck.

Hmm Luongo in TO. Could be something, could be nothing lol