REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

jeedee 06-23-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobulaus (Post 7487480)
Wouldn't make sense at all. Why would you want a top tier player on the third line.

Uh...it's called putting Richards on the 2nd line, and Kes on the wing?

Or Carter on the wing on the 2nd line with Kes centering

AWDTurboLuvr 06-23-2011 12:17 PM

JVR and Giroux will finally get all the icetime they can handle. Philly is getting even younger with Schenn and Voracek. They'll have depth but lack experience up front.

mb_ 06-23-2011 12:17 PM

What rumors?! I haven't heard anything lulz :alone:

jeedee 06-23-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWDTurboLuvr (Post 7487488)
JVR and Giroux will finally get all the icetime they can handle. Philly is getting even younger with Schenn and Voracek. They'll have depth but lack experience up front.

With all these trades from Philly, JVR or Giroux traded to play with Kes anyone? :fullofwin:

JKam 06-23-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobulaus (Post 7487480)
Wouldn't make sense at all. Why would you want a top tier player on the third line.

never said it would make sense, just saying it would be sick to have them on the team.

btw, SJ had 9(?) C and they managed to do pretty well.

Tim Budong 06-23-2011 12:19 PM

rumors were of
Carter and Richards dun get along due to the fact Carter supposedly fucked Richards Wife/GF...

Richards and pronger apparently dont get along too well

thts what i heard in the past year.

LUUUUUUUU 06-23-2011 12:21 PM

Mike Richards and Dustin Brown on one line is gonna be scary to play against

Greenstoner 06-23-2011 12:22 PM

LA could make deep into the playoff this year
Posted via RS Mobile

7seven 06-23-2011 12:24 PM

Columbus and LA just got instantly better. Time to find that top 6 winger for Kes

Gh0stRider 06-23-2011 12:25 PM

Wow mike richards too? Shiet
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 06-23-2011 12:25 PM

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8...mindblown2.gif

Ronin 06-23-2011 12:27 PM

WOW...Carter and Richards? So they trade their top goal scorer AND their captain on the same day?!

Just to sign Bryzgalov, a goalie that isn't worth $7m and to please Pronger...a guy that might not be in the league in two years...

...and they ditch two young stars that could be the foundation of your team for years and years? Seems like a REALLY stupid deal.

At least they got a good return.

fobulaus 06-23-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7487487)
Uh...it's called putting Richards on the 2nd line, and Kes on the wing?

Or Carter on the wing on the 2nd line with Kes centering

Or just sign a legitimate 2nd line winger for half the salary.

7seven 06-23-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7487513)
WOW...Carter and Richards? So they trade their top goal scorer AND their captain on the same day?!

Just to sign Bryzgalov, a goalie that isn't worth $7m and to please Pronger...a guy that might not be in the league in two years...

...and they ditch two young stars that could be the foundation of your team for years and years? Seems like a REALLY stupid deal.

At least they got a good return.

I think Vorachek and JVR are going to be great players. Giroux is still young and they still have Hartnell and Briere, if Schenn and the 8th overall pick develop, the Flyers are still going to be solid for the future. I thought Philly was just a goalie away from being serious cup contenders, now not so much.

jeedee 06-23-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobulaus (Post 7487520)
Or just sign a legitimate 2nd line winger for half the salary.

Maybe..but I'd love to have either Richards or Carter playing for us in a heart beat.

Tim Budong 06-23-2011 12:34 PM

Philly was a goalie a way from being serious. thats FACT

what Philly scored today is a lot of pieces to fill out the roster...

DanHibiki 06-23-2011 12:34 PM

I understand trading away one but why both?!???
Posted via RS Mobile

LUUUUUUUU 06-23-2011 12:36 PM

FriedgeHNIC

Flyers just cleared almost $110 million in salary committments to Richards and Carter. Both had NTCs beginning July 1 2012 less than 10 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Ronin 06-23-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7487522)
I think Vorachek and JVR are going to be great players. Giroux is still young and they still have Hartnell and Briere, if Schenn and the 8th overall pick develop, the Flyers are still going to be solid for the future. I thought Philly was just a goalie away from being serious cup contenders, now not so much.

They're not going to be terrible but they're definitely not as strong. If they are, it will be because Schenn grew quick and stepped in. All those guys are great players but Mike Richards is a top tier guy. He's basically the East Coast Kesler. This trade is like if Kes and Burr hated...well, there's no old guy on our blueline right now I guess but you can see how it would be retarded to trade Kes and Burr.

They've traded two guys you can build a team around but if the locker room rumors are true, I guess this is the only solution because you aren't trading or buying out Pronger. His contract counts as over 35.

Ronin 06-23-2011 12:38 PM

LOL just saw "Luongo to Flyers for Schenn + Giroux"

Not gonna lie that sounds like a hell of a trade since we have Schneider...but no way that happens.

Ch28 06-23-2011 12:45 PM

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Bryzgalov contract with PHI is done. 9 years, $51 million.

7seven 06-23-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Bryzgalov contract with PHI is done. 9 years, $51 million.
Lucky for Philly they tacked on a couple extra years to bring the cap hit down from the $7mil Bryz wanted

Expresso 06-23-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7487534)
They're not going to be terrible but they're definitely not as strong. If they are, it will be because Schenn grew quick and stepped in. All those guys are great players but Mike Richards is a top tier guy. He's basically the East Coast Kesler. This trade is like if Kes and Burr hated...well, there's no old guy on our blueline right now I guess but you can see how it would be retarded to trade Kes and Burr.

They've traded two guys you can build a team around but if the locker room rumors are true, I guess this is the only solution because you aren't trading or buying out Pronger. His contract counts as over 35.

Totally different situation here. Kess and Burr are good team mates and not causing drama in the locker room. How do you build a team around them if they can't gel and if drama is always floating around. Philly needed to fix their team chemistry and they did. Its not like they got bag of pucks in return.

rsx 06-23-2011 12:56 PM

Does Nash finally have a good pivot to play with?

Should really up his fantasy worth

quasi 06-23-2011 12:56 PM

Wow, Rick Nash finally has someone to play with. Probably the happiest player in the NHL today.