REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

Gumby 02-06-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 7787326)
Trade deadline in a few weeks.. you guys hear/watch any legit rumours flying around? lol
last one i heard from a buddy was Perry going to Vancouver LOL... i'm sure that's not legit..

my top wish list would be Weber or Suter...that would solidify our D for the playoffs and eat up a lot of ice time..

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster (Post 7787346)
Lol perry rumour was a week or two ago. Seems possible.

I would want Weber first too

:facepalm:

Guys, we are NOT going to get a top defense guy like Weber or Suter at the trade deadline.

Once again, we are going to get a 3rd/4th line guy and/or prospects at most.

Edit: The only reasonable rumour I've heard is a pitch for Travis Moen. For who in exchange, I can't remember.

Mike Oxbig 02-06-2012 08:34 AM

Our 3rd and 4th line is already solid, with steve reinprecht as a spare. We need a bottom pairing defense men who can block shots, hit and add grit. Cory Sarich would be sweet addition to this team but that dude is on the flames right now... As far as i can remember he was swimming like hasek blocking shots during the bolts cup run. Maybe thats why calgary flames decided to sign him. :lol

highfive 02-06-2012 09:01 AM

It would be hard to anyone like Weber or Suter without denting a big chunk of your roster. Gillis would be insane to screw any chemistry we have as a team.

Plus prices during trade deadline is gonna be crazy, I don't even know if you can trade for Higgins and give up Oberg and a 3rd Round.

IMO, best trade would be a 5th for shit load of bubble wrap and we wrap it all around Salo hoping he will play through the entire playoffs.

b0unce. [?] 02-06-2012 09:09 AM

KOBASEW FINED $2,500 FOR TRIP ON CANUCKS' HAMHUIS

NEW YORK -- Colorado Avalanche forward Chuck Kobasew has been fined US$2,500 for his trip on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis in Saturday's game.

The NHL announced the fine Monday.

The incident occurred at 13:20 of the second period. Kobasew received a minor penalty for tripping Hamhuis as the Vancouver player touched the puck on an icing call.

The fine, which goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund, is the maximum allowed under the NHL's collective bargaining agreement.

Kobasew fined $2,500 for trip on Canucks' Hamhuis

Mike Oxbig 02-06-2012 09:12 AM

Cory Sarich & Ray Whitney please!

BlackZRoadster 02-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7787352)
:facepalm:

Guys, we are NOT going to get a top defense guy like Weber or Suter at the trade deadline.

Once again, we are going to get a 3rd/4th line guy and/or prospects at most.

Edit: The only reasonable rumour I've heard is a pitch for Travis Moen. For who in exchange, I can't remember.

Have you ever heard of a "Want".

E.G. I want her so badly!!111!!1... Does that mean i'm gonna be getting her just because i said I want her?

:lawl:

spoon.ek9 02-06-2012 09:27 AM

^ you said "seems possible". none of those trades would benefit Anaheim/Nashville :P

AzNightmare 02-06-2012 10:30 AM

I think a trade possibility is as simple as whether Gillis wants to move Schneider or not.

Any minor trade without Schneider in the package for a big return from the other team is redundant at this point.

Our 3rd and 4th lines are pretty solid.

BlackZRoadster 02-06-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 7787389)
^ you said "seems possible". none of those trades would benefit Anaheim/Nashville :P

i said the Perry deal is possible. It still is possible. :pokerface:

Regarding the "wants" was refering to weber, which i know won't happen.

AzNightmare 02-06-2012 10:33 AM

Don't know why the Perry deal would be possible, because Anaheim doesn't need a goalie...

spideyv2 02-06-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

SJS put Andrew Murray on waivers. BOS puts Zach Hamill on waivers. And, as reported earlier, CAR puts Anthony Stewart on waivers.
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) on Twitter

I honestly wouldn't mind Anthony playing on our bottom 6. Too bad we're almost at 50 contracts though

pastarocket 02-06-2012 10:41 AM

A trade to bolster the defence is possible. Travis Moen as a trade target has some merit. The team has been giving up so many shots in the past three games. The Canucks will need more depth on defense in order to go deep into the playoffs.

Yeah, a fantasy league scenario to get Corey Perry or Shea Weber would be awesome. It's just that the price to acquire either player may be too high for Gillis.

dbaz 02-06-2012 11:17 AM

i want to see the nucks go after the following at the trade deadline
samuel pahlsson/travis moen/ john madden
Visnovsky(only reason i put him here is because hes probably th ebest dman available at the trade deadline and with salo gone next year its a good replacement with another year left on his contract)

the ones who seem to be on the tradeblock are
raymond, ballard and malholtra.(hodgson and hansen have stepped up while raymond is still recovering from the injury, he seems like the odd man out of the top 9)

jeedee 02-06-2012 11:18 AM

Moen on the 3rd/4th line would be a perfect fit on the Canucks

Nick Kypreos proposed Schneider to TB for a 1st rounder and Malone :heckno:

I'm only interested in MG picking up a top 4 dman who can play the right side with Edler, just incase Salo goes down.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gh0stRider 02-06-2012 11:25 AM

Seattle named as a possible NHL city for relocated Coyotes

Quote:

SEATTLE — Could the National Hockey League be on its way to Seattle?

That's the chatter just south of the border, after an article appeared in the Seattle Times (and online at seattletimes.nwsource.com) over the weekend, stating there was speculation the struggling Phoenix Coyotes franchise could land in the Emerald City.

Citing ESPN.com as the source, the Times quoted NHL commissioner Gary Bettman as saying: "There are a lot of people who think Seattle would be a great place to have a team. The Pacific Northwest, the natural rivalry with Vancouver, another team in the Pacific time zone ... but there's no building."

Seattle in recent years has been considered a possible destination for the NHL, as have Kansas City and Quebec City.

The Times also reported that talks to build a brand new sports arena in Seattle had begun as early as June 16 between city officials and San Francisco multimillionaire Christopher Hansen.

Hansen is a native of Seattle, and has expressed interest in building an arena south of Safeco Field with the desire to bring an NBA franchise back to the Pacific Northwest, after the Super Sonics left for Oklahoma City in 2008, according to the Times.

At the beginning of June, the TV station KIRO 7 reported that sources indicated Chicago businessman Don Levin had visited Seattle to meet with "various stakeholders about the new arena," adding initial speculation that a new venue could house both an NHL and NBA franchise.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
Read more: Seattle named as a possible NHL city for relocated Coyotes

dbaz 02-06-2012 11:33 AM

that would create an instant and awesome rivalry. especially considering theres some pretty hardcore canucks fans in washington

highfive 02-06-2012 11:44 AM

If that happens...Vancouver is like surrounded with crappy teams to play against...Calgary, Edmonton, and Seattle???

kwy 02-06-2012 11:48 AM

It's only a matter of time until Edm is a solid, consistent team again.

Ronin 02-06-2012 11:50 AM

I'm going to ban the next person to mention Weber or Perry to the Canucks as anything close to a possibility. No, they are not possibilities. They are not even remote possibilties. They aren't even a long shot. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE. Wayne Gretzky coming out of retirement to play for the Canucks is more likely than the Preds trading Weber to the Canucks at the deadline. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Just so it's fair, if either of those guys is traded to the Canucks by Feb 27th, I will ban myself.

Not even kidding. Sick of this garbage. I'm all for armchair GMing but try to do it without sounding like a moron.

Just stop. You know nothing about hockey if you think Shea Weber will be playing for us by the time the playoffs roll around.

Simulated 02-06-2012 11:55 AM

i hope they can get that arena and bring back nba and get the nhl in seattle. i would love to make a roadtrip down to watch the canucks.
Posted via RS Mobile

dbaz 02-06-2012 11:58 AM

had to post this. its not weber or perry. "legit source" :troll:
Eklund Leafs,Kings,Hawks and Canucks are favourites for Nash.

:troll:

honestly posting shit about weber and perry at the deadline is as bad as eklund, please stop.

Cr33pUh 02-06-2012 12:19 PM

What about Suter?:troll:

BlackZRoadster 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaz (Post 7787534)
had to post this. its not weber or perry. "legit source" :troll:
Eklund Leafs,Kings,Hawks and Canucks are favourites for Nash.

honestly posting shit about weber and perry at the deadline is as bad as eklund, please stop.

lol and ? The worse of Eklund is more informative and important than anyone that post in this thread.

spideyv2 02-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7787521)
I'm going to ban the next person to mention Weber or Perry to the Canucks as anything close to a possibility. No, they are not possibilities. They are not even remote possibilties. They aren't even a long shot. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE. Wayne Gretzky coming out of retirement to play for the Canucks is more likely than the Preds trading Weber to the Canucks at the deadline. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Just so it's fair, if either of those guys is traded to the Canucks by Feb 27th, I will ban myself.

Not even kidding. Sick of this garbage. I'm all for armchair GMing but try to do it without sounding like a moron.

Just stop. You know nothing about hockey if you think Shea Weber will be playing for us by the time the playoffs roll around.

Raymond, Ballard, Schneider, 1st Rounder

for

Spoiler!

edit- obviously troll is obvious, but according to Ecklund - this is a legit rumor.

Durrann 02-06-2012 12:24 PM

Higgins had a reaction to medication he was taking while facing staph infection

Poor guy