REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #18976
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lol my old man says we need players like Raymond on the team because, "his speed creates several chances for us." Too bad being a perimeter player doesn't
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #18977

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol my old man says we need players like Raymond on the team because, "his speed creates several chances for us."
Its true....2 years ago.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #18978
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It is clear to many people why the Canucks cannot get rid of Mason Raymond.

May Ray is a perimeter forward with speed and some skill. I remember watching a play during the Phoenix game tonight where he skates quickly into the zone with the puck, stops, and pivots to his right in order to make a pass to another forward.

The guy simply doesn't play an aggressive game to skate, and attack the net. He goes for the perimeter play.

Still shaking my head at coach AV for putting this "spin o rama" dud in the shootout. That move is so predictable.

Hodgson was dearly missed in the shootout.

Kassian played well, given that he travelled far away from Buffalo. He had five hits, made good passes. -did take some penalties but didn't cost the team any power play goals against them.

even though the spin-o-rama is predictable, it is hard to stop. It was just poorly executed.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #18979

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It is clear to many people why the Canucks cannot get rid of Mason Raymond.

May Ray is a perimeter forward with speed and some skill. I remember watching a play during the Phoenix game tonight where he skates quickly into the zone with the puck, stops, and pivots to his right in order to make a pass to another forward.

The guy simply doesn't play an aggressive game to skate, and attack the net. He goes for the perimeter play.

Still shaking my head at coach AV for putting this "spin o rama" dud in the shootout. That move is so predictable.

Hodgson was dearly missed in the shootout.

Kassian played well, given that he travelled far away from Buffalo. He had five hits, made good passes. -did take some penalties but didn't cost the team any power play goals against them.
Kassian took 1 penalty...not some penalties
Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #18980
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Off topic but still hilarious LOL
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #18981
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
BAM!!! Where's AznNightmare?
Touché.
While Raymond's spinorama's probably one of the ugliest I've seen (next to Shannon),
it has worked in the past, and a save's a save. I've finally seen it.

Mike Smith the best shootout goalie ever?
(same goalie that stopped the Datsyukian deke)
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #18982
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
also, todays game was the first penalty in tanev's career! i love tanev. full homo.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #18983
I'm better than you.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #18984

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post

bwhahahahahahhaa
That is brilliant
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #18985
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
even though the spin-o-rama is predictable, it is hard to stop. It was just poorly executed.
That it is.

However, what a lot of people may not realize is that the spin-o-rama is a double edged sword. You gotta go in from a wide angle to get the goalie moving from one end to the other; and you gotta go in hard so he has to match your aggression which makes it difficult to stop, as usually most goalies will commit HARD on the lateral movement.

The thing about the spin-o-rama is, when you decide this is what you do, you're committed to it. When you're read properly and the goalie is still in a good position to make a save, you really have little-to-no recourse left. It's like an all-or-nothing kinda deal.

There are some dekers however that make shit up as they go along and that truly are the harder ones to stop; their moves are based on how they read the goalie and how the goalie is reacting to their puck movements; and those guys that CAN make shit up as they go along, by nature don't really have that 1 move they ALWAYS do

Last edited by Noir; 02-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #18986
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
Spoiler!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #18987
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Fuck the spinorama..... I wanna see a triple toe loop and then score during a perfect landing.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #18988
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Fuck the spinorama..... I wanna see a triple toe loop and then score during a perfect landing.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #18989
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol my old man says we need players like Raymond on the team because, "his speed creates several chances for us." Too bad being a perimeter player doesn't
I can't wait until he's gone.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #18990
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Well we all know it's stoppable now.

All Smith did was immediately kick his right skate on to the right post to prevent from
over-sliding across, which kept him centered to keep the left pad spread out in proper position.

Simple, but it worked... and I can tell any of those low spinorama attempts wouldn't have went in.
Even though Raymond butchered the actual spin and "shot" part, it wouldn't have mattered.

I'm now curious whether it was Raymond's execution (like angle or speed coming in) that helped Smith read the play,
or is this something that will revolutionize goaltending technique against the spinorama.
It's not orthodox for goalies to be in so deep to be able to reach that post with their leg,
which is why all the other goalies keep sliding out of position.

This wouldn't work against the spinorama Bertuzzi or Stamkos does (where it goes high), but we'll see if those get stopped eventually.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 02-28-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #18991
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
I can't wait until he's gone.
i read the first few words and read your comment. i was like "WTF he wants his old man to be gone? that's not cool." and then i re-read the quote

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #18992
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Wasn't able to catch the game today. How did Pahlsson and Kassian do?

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #18993
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I'm now curious whether it was Raymond's execution (like angle or speed coming in) that helped Smith read the play,
or is this something that will revolutionize goaltending technique against the spinorama.
It's not orthodox for goalies to be in so deep to be able to reach that post with their leg,

This wouldn't work against the spinorama Bertuzzi or Stamkos does (where it goes high), but we'll see if those get stopped eventually.
Smith was really deep, the way he played it he left a lot of net up above his right pad blocker side. Mayray obviously had his move set before he hit the puck, but had his head been up he probably could have read that Smith was backing up too quick and opened up the blocker side, and just carried his speed onto his forehand and flip a shot into the top blocker side. Instead he botched his spinorama and didn't put it up high after Smith flopped and extended. Good on Smith for the read and extending out, Mayray essentially shot the puck into his left pad which was in position well before he actually finished his spin and backhand off.

Now if Burrows was shooting #2 with his backhand deke, guaranteed goal I'm ready for another 3 pages discussing shootouts, lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #18994

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquareD View Post
Wasn't able to catch the game today. How did Pahlsson and Kassiam do?
Catch the Makaveli highlights on youtube if you get the chance!

Kassian had a good game. First shift was with the Sedins, first shot on net was almost a goal, 5 hits, protects the puck well, MUCH better skater than Cody, AV even put him out in OT with Higgins.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #18995
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquareD View Post
Wasn't able to catch the game today. How did Pahlsson and Kassian do?
Yeah, same. Shift work sucks. So did the team play well? Caught the Maka highlights but can't really tell. Sounds like Schneids did on radio.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #18996
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Catch the Makaveli highlights on youtube if you get the chance!

Kassian had a good game. First shift was with the Sedins, first shot on net was almost a goal, 5 hits, protects the puck well, MUCH better skater than Cody, AV even put him out in OT with Higgins.
Posted via RS Mobile
Oh, just saw your post after I posted. Thanks. Good to know Kass looks good. How about Pahlsson?
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #18997

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
Oh, just saw your post after I posted. Thanks. Good to know Kass looks good. How about Pahlsson?
He's the same old Sammy Pahlsson (no pun intended lol) and was great defensively. He even managed to create a scoring chance.

I honestly focused more on Kassian so I don't have much to say about Pahlsson lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #18998
My homepage has been set to RS

^

Pahlsson was solid defensively, broke up plays when he needed to, almost helped get a greasy goal. For a shutdown line, Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen played a lot more in the offensive zone than one would think.

Also, for anyone curious, seems that this is how faceoffs will be looking from now on, based on the game against Phoenix. Should open up more opportunities for the second line to produce.

Hank - 10 Ozone 0 Dzone
Kesler - 10 Ozone 6 Dzone
Pahlsson - 0 Ozone 5 Dzone
Malhotra - 0 Ozone 8 Dzone
Lapierre - 1 Ozone 3 Dzone

Compared to say, the game against Dallas.

Hank - 6 Ozone 1 Dzone
Kesler - 4 Ozone 9 Dzone
Hodgson - 3 Ozone 3 Dzone
Malhotra - 0 Ozone 6 Dzone
Lapierre - 0 Ozone 3 Dzone

And maybe we should get Kassian to try the spinorama.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #18999
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Well we all know it's stoppable now.

All Smith did was immediately kick his right skate on to the right post to prevent from
over-sliding across, which kept him centered to keep the left pad spread out in proper position.

Simple, but it worked... and I can tell any of those low spinorama attempts wouldn't have went in.
Even though Raymond butchered the actual spin and "shot" part, it wouldn't have mattered.

Dude, what the heck are you talking about revolutionizing goaltending technique?

Mike Smith took a chance. Heck, we all guessed spinorama before MayRay started skating.
Mike Smith was thinking spinorama as soon as MayRay went wide right and was pretty deep in the net. If MayRay had his head up, a quick shot 5 hole or top corners may have resulted in a goal

Same thing with Edler. Every shootout attempt from him has been a quick shot. Other than coming in slightly to the right instead of left, this attempt was no different than all the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #19000
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Great to see Kassian have a pretty good game.. He's got good speed for a power forward... strong as hell with/without the puck on the boards and has good IQ for the game. so I think it's just a matter of time for him to get used to the system and make an impact

Then everyone will be on the kassian train of pain

btw. I wonder if CoHo will play with Vanek/Pomm.. CoHo's first test tonight would then be the Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan line
Closed Thread