REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #19001
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post

btw. I wonder if CoHo will play with Vanek/Pomm.. CoHo's first test tonight would then be the Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan line
It sounds like he'll likely start centering the 2nd line with Ennis and Stafford, though I suspect he'll make his way sooner than later with Vanek and Poms because Roy hasn't really worked well with them this year and Ruff loves to shuffle lines.

Cody might be a bit tired though, he's been on the road with the Canucks since Feb 19, playing 5 games on the road, then flew to Buffalo from Phoenix to deal with immigration/work visa issues, then right back on a plane to Anaheim to meet up with the Sabres for a game tonight, Sabres are also just starting a 4 game west coast trip.

Cody now to wear #19, he was given #12 yesterday but switched to 19 today.
Advertisement

Last edited by 7seven; 02-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #19002
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

The more I think about the CoHo trade the more I think he asked to be traded. I'm not saying he demanded a trade but asked nicely if MG can do it. Why? CoHo isn't stupid. He knows who's he's playing behind at centre meaning he'll never get first line minutes, first line linemates, first line PP minutes etc. It's all about money. Hockey players are one concussion, one bad hit from behind, one bad year from being in the minors. Cody probably wants to cash in before any of that happens. As a Canuck, he'll probably top out at 50-55 pts for the next 4-5 years and that's how much the Canucks are gonna pay him for. Anybody who knows they're better than that, can do more would switch jobs. No different for a hockey player.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #19003
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I doubt he asked to be traded. He's still young and has plenty of time to get the big contracts later in his year. He may never get a better chance at winning the cup than with the Canucks this year.

Plus he did sound choked when he heard the news.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #19004
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,912 Posts
concussion, one bad hit, etc............

To avoid it, play less minutes?

He just wants to play as much as possible, because he's good and everyone knows it. I wish him well. Too bad he's not a Canuck right now.........
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #19005
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
I doubt he asked to be traded. He's still young and has plenty of time to get the big contracts later in his year. He may never get a better chance at winning the cup than with the Canucks this year.

Plus he did sound choked when he heard the news.
If anything, he'd be choked at that.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #19006
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Apparently I heard on team 1040 that Cody's agent Ritch Winter refused all comments with media but was willing to tweet on twitter. He did say Cody had a conversation with AV saturday night before AV and Gillis had their big meeting. It was about ice time apparently. So whatever happened in that meeting lead to the trade?

Honestly all the best to Cody. We have no use for him when we have a hart/art ross centre in Henrik and a Selke in Kesler. Kassian and Gragnani is going to be better off for us during these upcoming years.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #19007
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,313 Times in 1,651 Posts
think of it like cory's situation.

does he want to be a starter? yes.
does he want to play a hell of a lot more? yes.
but is he happy where he is? yes.
why? because he's on a winning team that has a real good shot at winning a stanley cup.

if anyone wanted a trade, it wasn't cody himself. i can absolutely understand his family wanting him to be closer and his dad wanting him to get more ice time but if being sent from a #1 team to a 12th place team is worth all that, they are seriously stupid.

but.... now that it's happened, spread your wings and fly high CoHo!!

7seven: please give us CoHo updates as much as possible, it would be highly appreciated
Spoiler!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #19008
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
havent we learned as canuck fans that not every player is out there to cash in? the core guys in vancouver took discounts to play here because they absolutely love playing for the organization, the team, and the city. and they are on a winning team committed to winning and have a shot at winning the cup, and are positioning themselves at being a powerhouse for years to come.

would you rather be a part of an organization like the canucks right now for 3m a year, or play in carolina for 5m?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #19009
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
would you rather be a part of an organization like the canucks right now for 3m a year, or play in carolina for 5m?
I dunno - ask Ehrhoff.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #19010
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I dunno - ask Ehrhoff.
ehrhoff/jovo or burrows/higgins/hammer/hansen/sedins/ and to stretch it, edler, kesler?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #19011
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #19012
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
In all fairness to erhoff he did goto a team that was actually a considered a contender
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #19013
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
ehrhoff/jovo or burrows/higgins/hammer/hansen/sedins/ and to stretch it, edler, kesler?
To some players; financial security is more important than winning a championship. More money would make life better for their family. Some players rather win the Cup instead.

As much as Gillis didn't want to move CoHo I think him and AV agreed it would be the best move to do it and fetch a pwf. After getting manhandled last year in the playoffs, MG already tried to get big bodies in the team (eg., mancari, bitz, etc.). After giving some of those big bodied players a chance, seems like only Bitz is sort of working. But they wanted the insurance of another big bodied player and since we are so deep in centermen, CoHo became expendable.

I didn't want to see CoHo leave either. But if the addition of Kassian can help us with a Cup. Like ppl say, true pwf(with size) don't come very often.

Perhaps the Canucks can try to use Kassian on the pp infront of the net, like the hawks did with Buffy.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #19014
My homepage has been set to RS

Post-game from Kassian, Pahlsson and Henrik. Henrik praises both their play and Kassian says he'll never forget his first shift with the Sedins. Seems like a pretty humble kid.

TSN Video Player
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #19015
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

From Twitter account @SabresBuzz: Burke offered Schenn for Hodgson straight up, was told that Hodgson was off limits. Darcy swooped in and made deal by w/Kassian
Old 02-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #19016
I bringith the lowerballerith

I want to chime in on the Cody Hodgson trade.

When I heard the trade, my heart sunk a little bit. Overall the Canucks put in alot of time to develop Cody to where he is today and he is really becoming a very decent player. You need a player like Cody on a team to win with - as you can see he was pretty clutch in the bigger regular season games we played (Detroit, Chicago, Boston - goals in each game if I remember correctly).

However, the moot point is such that Cody has nowhere to go being stuck behind Hank and Kesler for the next 5 years. It's true that Championship teams you'll want all the depth and position you get running down all 4 line's centermans. Look at Penguins when they won - Crosby, Malkin, Staal.

I think the main and general concern that was Cody was never going to develop into a defensively responsible 2 way shutdown kinda C on the 3rd line. He is more or a 1A/1B type of C with offense and intangibles.

Did we get hosed on the deal? Yes I believe we did as of now. We did sell Cody on the high getting some decent players in Kassian & Gragnani.

Do I think we'll benefit from the deal? Yeah we dealt from organizational strength and got a few players that may make an impact in the near future.

Also liked the Paulson trade.

One thing I'm not happy about is how the fuck is May Ray still on the team. Guy's a flopping deer all over the ice.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #19017
I bringith the lowerballerith

That big chinese guy with the Hank Canucks jersey behind AV is my good buddy catching in the game in Dallas lol
Old 02-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #19018
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
https://twitter.com/#!/HockeyAgentDad

If anyone is interested in reading more about Cody's "trade request", check out his agent's twitter.

If Cody didn't requested a trade or not, his agent needs to learn to shut the fuck up.

This was his last tweet.
Quote:
Cody loved Vancouver, the vanc fans and the city. Team had different goals than Cody. The trade supports that. But it was a surprise.
Different goals? ice time? being surprised to a trade and different goals are two different things. What goals did Cody had? Team's goal is to win the cup.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #19019
My homepage has been set to RS

Apparently his agent had a meeting with Gillis about his icetime.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #19020
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
wonder how much shopping MG did with cody.. always gotta wonder what else we could have got for him..
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #19021
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,200 Times in 2,279 Posts
Trade is done. Im sad
gotta look forward no matter what

A big bruising PWF takes more time to develop than skilled player like CoHo
Its not that the Canucks didnt give CoHo a chance on the wing to develop either. It didnt work out and like any business matter, things had to be done in order to advance

IF infact Coho could play the wing efficiently, he would have been a very good second line winger
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #19022
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,180 Posts
Cody'sagent sounds like a douche to me...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #19023
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
From Twitter account @SabresBuzz: Burke offered Schenn for Hodgson straight up, was told that Hodgson was off limits. Darcy swooped in and made deal by w/Kassian
Much rather have Kassian than Schenn. I've always considered Schenn overrated. Decent enough d-man but his hype is a product of being in a hockey mad, give-results-now market that salivated at a big, young defenseman. I'd rather have Kassian than Schenn.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #19024
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
And re: MayRay's spinorama...

He went into it too timid and hesitated, so Smith didn't bite fully and didn't slide out of position. He probably did his homework but still, Raymond went in too slow and spun too slow as well so it was totally saveable. Smith probably had a good chance to stop it but it was as much Raymond not doing it properly as Smith's goaltending ability (although he was top notch against the Nucks).
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #19025
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,587 Times in 4,319 Posts
MayRay's spin move stinks anyways. If he pulled it off as smooth as Bert's, the puck goes in.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Closed Thread