REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #18751
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
^True but maybe Gillis is thinking ahead.

Schneider might be traded this offseason.

Tampa? Columbus? Maybe we can get Ryan Johansen or Brett Connolly.
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #18752
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
We need cody hodgson if we play against rangers in the finals at the same time we need kassian against boston. Since he has the "dont give a fuck" mentality to go after players like marchand. He will intent to injury players too!
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #18753
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
We need cody hodgson if we play against rangers in the finals at the same time we need kassian against boston. Since he has the "dont give a fuck" mentality to go after players like marchand. He will intent to injury players too!
Sure, that's if:
1. Kassian makes the line up and
2. AV is an situation (in a game) where he can afford not pushing the top 2 lines out there in an alternating manner.

You have to remember, we traded away guys like Hordichuk or Glass because toughness alone can't guarantee you into the bottom lines, you actually have to be good as well. If Kassi can't put up numbers with little minutes he'll get playing in the bottom 2 lines, he ain't playing in the playoffs to protect anyone.

To me, it seems like he's the bigger gamble than CoHo. At least with CoHo, we know what we're going to get, and it's good. I never really thought we needed toughness. If we wanted someone to fight Marchand or the likes, we had Bieksa that was playing over 20m. IMO, the answer really wasn't that we needed to give up skill for tougness, it was really more of our skill needed to get tougher.

But hey, who am I to convince the Sedins that they shouldn't just take punches from junior like a bunch of sissies. I don't see them changing or stepping up as battlers so...

Can't get clouded the great moves that Gillis has made. He's also made some bad decisions (the Sundin 2 yr offer that we were lucky he didn't take, Ballard not being a fit). To me it seems like the franchise never had a good relationship with Cody what with the drama of Cody not cracking the line up the last 2 season and the drama about how unsatisfied Cody was with how the team treated his injuries that he needed to seek medical help on his own (because he doubted the team doctor's had his best interest in mind).

In retrospect, it just feels like this 1 season he made the line up as a regular (but playing basement minutes) was just nothing more than just an attempt to up his value to be jettisonned. Not that I'm right, but it's just how it looks.

Last edited by Noir; 02-27-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #18754
My homepage has been set to RS

must be a weird feeling for cody. his teammates or whoever else finding out hes being traded before he himself finds out.

notice how mike gillis was responsible for drafting cody, and now responsible for trading him away lol

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #18755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
the fuck is with your logic
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #18756

theres a large pendelum of stanley cup winners that swings to either the left or right
skill or grit

i would put teams like detroit on the left side, boston on the right
but todays trades bring us closer to the right...hopefully overall making us a more competitive team.
but the previous posters are right, there will be more pressure on our top 2 lines to score now as the bottom 6 are very much hard hats. cody put up some pretty impressive numbers considering he was averaging about 10 mins on the third line and secondary PP time.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #18757

det bottom six is cleary, abdelkater, emmerton, helm, holmstrom, mursak. thats gritty not skill lol
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #18758
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Holmstrom is supposed to be skill/grit but having a bad season

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #18759

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
must be a weird feeling for cody. his teammates or whoever else finding out hes being traded before he himself finds out.
It was really awkward too... Cody and Sulzer were walking back to the hotel and Tanev told them they were both traded..not MG or TSN lol
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #18760

holmstrom has skill if you consider standing in front of the net all day skill. hes not what he used to be hes just grit now
Old 02-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #18761
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
I'll be right here to acknowledge it if this trade becomes a complete bust...

but I'll also be here to watch you guys eat your words if ZaKa and Gragnani pan out

IN GILLIS I TRUST

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear

Last edited by LSF22; 02-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #18762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
It was really awkward too... Cody and Sulzer were walking back to the hotel and Tanev told them they were both traded..not MG or TSN lol
happens to a lot of players

Anson Carter found out by seeing his name on TV while working out

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #18763
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Apparently the league messed up. they gave Buffalo permission to tell its players while leaving the Nucks on hold, so I guess everything was delayed for the canucks.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #18764

league had to allow buffalo to tell its players as they were on the verge of traveling. in no way did the league mess up its just the way shit happens sometimes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #18765
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
I'm not against the trade by any means but I've been following Cody since he got drafted and I'm sure a lot of you have too. Goodbye Cody, Vancity will miss you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #18766

^Yup. I remember when we drafted him how excited I was. I told my friend that when he breaks into the league I'll get his jersey and all.

Every year we keep hoping he'll make his way onto the team and just when he finally has, he gets traded. All that commitment to this player, gone.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #18767
Need to Seek Professional Help

So what prospects does Vancouver have now. I mean I can't believe we traded away the rookie of the year.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #18768
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
So what prospects does Vancouver have now. I mean I can't believe we traded away the rookie of the year.
This has yet to be determined but he did win rookie of the month.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #18769
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Sucks for those who bought his jersey
Old 02-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #18770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, Connauton just to name a few.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #18771
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Sure, that's if:
1. Kassian makes the line up and
2. AV is an situation (in a game) where he can afford not pushing the top 2 lines out there in an alternating manner.

You have to remember, we traded away guys like Hordichuk or Glass because toughness alone can't guarantee you into the bottom lines, you actually have to be good as well. If Kassi can't put up numbers with little minutes he'll get playing in the bottom 2 lines, he ain't playing in the playoffs to protect anyone.

To me, it seems like he's the bigger gamble than CoHo. At least with CoHo, we know what we're going to get, and it's good. I never really thought we needed toughness. If we wanted someone to fight Marchand or the likes, we had Bieksa that was playing over 20m. IMO, the answer really wasn't that we needed to give up skill for tougness, it was really more of our skill needed to get tougher.

But hey, who am I to convince the Sedins that they shouldn't just take punches from junior like a bunch of sissies. I don't see them changing or stepping up as battlers so...

Can't get clouded the great moves that Gillis has made. He's also made some bad decisions (the Sundin 2 yr offer that we were lucky he didn't take, Ballard not being a fit). To me it seems like the franchise never had a good relationship with Cody what with the drama of Cody not cracking the line up the last 2 season and the drama about how unsatisfied Cody was with how the team treated his injuries that he needed to seek medical help on his own (because he doubted the team doctor's had his best interest in mind).

In retrospect, it just feels like this 1 season he made the line up as a regular (but playing basement minutes) was just nothing more than just an attempt to up his value to be jettisonned. Not that I'm right, but it's just how it looks.
Agree. I don't believe this trade made us better for the playoffs.

I like the other trades that MG have made though.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #18772
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Just heard the news here overseas. Still can't believe it. In Gillis we trust i guess..( good thing i decided to wait to purchase a Hodgson jersey..)
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #18773

keep in mind we still have schneider. either him or lou will be traded one day inevitably, and that will fetch us a great deal down the road

Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #18774
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
So is Kassian supposed to be NHL ready or what?
I'm hearing so many different theories.

I assume this trade is supposed to upgrade the Canucks NOW and make the team
more prepared to win the cup NOW.

And then there's a flip side that this guy might not even be fully NHL ready, and
power forwards usually take longer to develop than other forwards...

Maybe good reason for me to have stayed silent for the past 15 pages and just wait
and watch him the next few games.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #18775

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
So is Kassian supposed to be NHL ready or what?
Gillis says he's NHL ready so take it for what its worth. He was in the AHL for a bit to 'develop' and played a bit this year. Think of it when Hodgson played on the last year on the 4th line with plugs.

Kassian was in the exact situation.
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread