REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #3551
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
It kinda worked leading upto the finals, the reason the canucks lost is because they can't hit for shit
Also luongo is a waste of money, out performed by tim thomas who probably gets paid 1/3 of what luongo gets paid
Trade luongo for a solid scoring power forward and use schneider <- he's a fucking beast
I'm not even a canucks fan but they're my hometown team, no physical presence = no cup
Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile

This isn't CDC. Get your facts right before posting.
Schneider's not even fully proven yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
I wouldn't say they dove away their ring, they just didn't produce when it mattered most. Kesler did.
That's not entirely true... Kesler didn't go BEAST mode until the Nashville series.
During the SanJose series, it was pretty much all Sedins. And if I recall, Kesler had a slow start against Chicago too.
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 09-06-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #3552
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

to me we still got screwed over but enought of that...time to prove it this year..
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #3553
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Jets' just did their Jersey unveiling, for now just screen caps

Personally, not a fan of them

Last edited by 7seven; 09-06-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #3554
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts

Oh I was expecting them to be so much better... Those two blues don't go together very well, especially on the home jerseys
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #3555

That being said, they could have been much worse. They seem to be 'grounded' enough, not goofy like the new nashville ones
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #3556
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
to me we still got screwed over but enought of that...time to prove it this year..
i totally agree with that bit.
Spoiler!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #3557
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Jerseys aren't eye-catching or even underwhelming. To me, they are just average at best.

I kind of like the colour schemes though.

Last edited by MR_BIGGS; 09-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #3558
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Don't mind the color schemes but that Logo is bunk. Looks nothing like a sport team logo at all.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #3559

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
@News1130Sports: Canucks have just 1 un-signed player - Victor Oreskovich. His agent says they are getting close to a new 1 year deal.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #3560
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

i think oreo deserves a small raise for his efforts. he was a good physical presence at times during the playoffs but also disappeared once in awhile.
Spoiler!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #3561
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
the china knock off ones look better imo, even the numbers look badass... clean
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #3562
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Being from Winnipeg and the Jet's being the first sports team other then the Bombers I liked I was hoping to get a jersey but not now after seeing what they look like
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #3563
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

i'm sure the design will be updated and improved in the coming few years. this was all sort of rushed and last minute decision making.
Spoiler!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #3564
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
the china knock off ones look better imo, even the numbers look badass... clean
I agree, the knockoff design looks way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i'm sure the design will be updated and improved in the coming few years. this was all sort of rushed and last minute decision making.
Rushed?? They didn't have the jersey ready for the draft because they said they were putting in extra time and thought into the design
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #3565
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I think the jets should of went back to the original purple jerseys.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #3566
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I think the jets should of went back to the original purple jerseys.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #3567

A better look at them

I posted my initial reaction already, but I think I will reserve final judgement for a bit. So far don't hate them as much as I first did, and I do like the double stripes on the arms.

Looks better than the NYI 3rd jersey, that's for sure

Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #3568

I think this may have been asked in the NHL 12 thread, but you guys think the new jerseys will be in the game already or will we have to download a patch or something.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #3569
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
The NHL must ban fighting

By JACK TODD, Special to The Gazette September 5, 2011

MONTREAL - Enough is enough. It's time to outlaw fighting in hockey, to put an end to the game's goon culture for once and for all.

Wade Belak's death during the NHL's tragic summer, following the deaths of his fellow enforcers Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien, should be all it takes. Never mind that we can't prove that the deaths of three gladiators in one season are all linked to their roles as NHL fighters - this isn't a connection you can prove in a courtroom.

But this isn't a courtroom. It's real life, where billiondollar sports leagues need to make their decisions based on real human assessments of risk and consequences.

The toll fighting takes on the fighters is too great. The stress is too much, the constant pain, the accumulated affects of too many punches, too many painkillers, too much alcohol mixed with the painkillers.

If nothing else, the needless deaths of these three young men should give Gary Bettman the political tool he needs to overcome the sizable contingent of Neanderthals who still wield a disproportionate weight in NHL circles.

Don Cherry, the loudest of the bunch, has shamelessly exploited the NHL's goon squad for decades while browbeating anyone who suggests that fighting is a cruel, backward and unnecessary interruption to a beautiful game. That Cherry's statements represent a blatant conflict of interest is lost on his supporters - but Cherry's influence is waning, along with those who once suggested that concussions were just a part of the game and hits to the head no big deal.

With Brendan Shanahan bringing to his role a respect Colin Campbell could never command, this is the perfect time for Bettman to act.

Whatever could once be said to justify fighting, it is no longer part of the flow of the game. Fights are staged bouts between paid gladiators which have little or no impact on the game. It's not a matter of Dave Schultz knocking out John Van Boxmeer because Van Boxmeer had the impunity to hit Bobby Clarke.

That sort of intimidation, rightly or wrongly, had an impact on the outcome of hockey games. The Flyers' backto-back Stanley Cups in the 1970s were the direct outcome of the sort of the terror tactics they brought to the ice - and it wasn't until the Canadiens could push back with Pierre Bouchard and Rick Chartraw and others that they were able to reassert their dominance.

Fighters no longer play an integral role. Today, their fights are little more than unwelcome interruptions. They fight, the game is delayed, as often as not there is no clear winner. There is some cheering and posturing, the gloves and helmets are gathered up and the game goes on. What is the point?

I am not immune to the pulse-pounding excitement of a good hockey fight. The whupping Larry Robinson laid on Schultz would have to rank as my most memorable hockey moment, ahead of the Summit Series and everything else, perhaps because I was lucky enough to be at the Forum when it happened.

Fighting has changed and the fighters have changed. When Robinson was embarrassing Schultz, Robinson was a slender 6-foot-3. Zdeno Chara, the nearest thing to Robinson in this era, is 6-foot-9 and 255 chiselled pounds. Look at the footage of him tossing Bryan McCabe around like a rag doll and you have some idea what his opponents are dealing with.

Chara's fight with Raitis Ivanans clearly indicates the risk to today's fighters: Chara threw three, perhaps four punches, the last shattering Ivanans's orbital bone as the big Latvian went down. That punch could have been fatal. One of these days, a punch will kill or permanently injure someone on the ice: these guys are too big, too strong, too fit - and they don't have the minimal protection of boxing gloves.

Too many repeat endlessly the same mantra, "fighting will always be part of the game," as though it results from divine decree or a force of nature that can't be altered.

That is patently ridiculous. All the NHL has to do to end fighting is to outlaw it. Each fight brings an automatic game misconduct and a three-game suspension, more for repeat offenders.

The defenders of fighting will argue that a fast, passionate, violent game somehow requires fighting - but if the NFL and CFL do not allow fighting, then it has no place in hockey. Football is fast, passionate and more violent than hockey, so if those big hulks can coexist on the field without duking it out, so can hockey players.

As long as the NHL permits fighting, it will be a bit bushleague, with one skate in the big-time and the other firmly planted in roller derby. The league is growing up in the way it is beginning to deal in a meaningful way with concussions and the awful toll they take on its talent. (You need look no further than the probable end of Marc Savard's career to know how serious the concussion issue is.)

Now it's time to move on and to put an end to fighting. Call it the Wade Belak Rule if you like. If his death can help bring about an end to fighting in the NHL, then something good might come of what is otherwise a senseless, heartbending tragedy, the death of a father of two young girls at a time that should have been the prime of his life.

jacktodd46@yahoo.com
© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette
Suffice it say... I disagree.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #3570
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
It kinda worked leading upto the finals, the reason the canucks lost is because they can't hit for shit
Also luongo is a waste of money, out performed by tim thomas who probably gets paid 1/3 of what luongo gets paid
Trade luongo for a solid scoring power forward and use schneider <- he's a fucking beast
I'm not even a canucks fan but they're my hometown team, no physical presence = no cup
Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile
YOU ARE THE WORST. Really YOU ARE. Please get you're facts straight before you start blabbing.

Please let me remind you of a time when we didn't have luongo, ohhh YES we were SOOOOO GREAT. So many great goalies after kirk mclean right? Dan Cloutier sure as well took us to the Stanley Cup Finals. Schneider is a great prospect but as many of you idiots wanna believe that he's the next big thing, he hasn't proven shit by playing part time. When you go from BACK UP to STARTING GOALIE, a lot changes..so even to compare the BOTH is just ridiculous. I'm not saying he's not gonna be great but we really don't know yet. If you don't remember, Schneider made great saves but some STUPID ones during the playoffs as well (cough coming out of the net not once but twice and getting caught for it). CASE CLOSED.

We finally got ourselves a proven goaltender and you want to trade the guy? You can't win em all buddie. We were ONE game away from being Stanley Cup Champs and you wanna trade away what our team was BUILT around. Please go watch the leafs and maybe, just MAYBE you'll enjoy the Canucks a lil more.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #3571
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
Schneider should be able to fetch a first round pick if what's his name from Washington could do it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #3572

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Schneider should be able to fetch a first round pick if what's his name from Washington could do it
Posted via RS Mobile
Varlamov

Ive been reading that schneider for doan straight up could work (at the deadline if phx is out of contention). Phx needs a goaltender and we need a powerforward

Stranger trades have happened in the past and i wouldnt be surprised with this trade
Old 09-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #3573
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
Doan is finished, I'd rather have a young potential power forward then him..hell I'd rather have another top 4 dman than doan
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #3574
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

For some reason, that Jets jersey reminds me of this

Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #3575

Schinds will have more trade value when this season is done.